Shawn Wasabi - Marble Soda [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Hydria

Blocko wrote:

Hydria wrote:

Yo thanks for this birthday present, I really appreciate it.
This DQ does not have anything to do with you personally, so don't take this the wrong way.

Hydria wrote:

they're not mapped under the same sound though, there's a sparkle noise for me and the voice for pope
I'm talking about Pope's diff here. Those two snaps are mapped under the same sound (vocal). It's just that the snapping is inconsistent among each other.
It'd be fine if both of those patterns are either in 1/6 or 1/8, but mixing them together is what causes a problem.

Hydria wrote:

ok look, this whole map is based around it's uniqueness, from the majority of minijacks to overall snapping, and even the density of some sections is all designed to be something fresh and original, this one section here is no different, and remains as a staple of difficulty throughout even the easier sections, it also gives the maps some uniqueness to themselves with each part mapped to something different, plus all the snaps aren't the same so it makes no sense to put them all "on one snap" because it doesn't work.
To be fair, this map is already unique to begin with. Like you mentioned, it already has minijacks, complex snaps and unorthodox patterns, but it's just this one section that doesn't seem to fare well with others. Making it overly complex so it's 'fresh' and 'unique' when it doesn't even warrant anything that much doesn't really make it unique, but exaggerated. Simplicity does work when one part of the song is already simple.

Hydria wrote:

you're making it hard to do so, but I will.
You're making it harder for yourself because you're taking the whole qualification process way too personally.

Hydria wrote:

ok can we get this ranked again then
next time post your reasons before the DQ so I don't have to waste even more time in qualified
That's not how it works. Someone posts their concerns in a qualified map, and if there's a discussion going on about them or if the QAT thinks it's a valid report, it will get DQ'd so the map can go through further adjustments.
If you think the whole ranking process is a big waste of time (which includes the map being qualified for a week where people can post their concerns at any time during the week before it gets ranked), you should probably think about why you're ranking something in the first place.

No hard feelings, birthday dude. I'm just trying to do my thing around here.

If any BN is gonna qualify this map, please come speak to me first about it.
man you think I'm taking this more personally than I actually am lmao, I just wanna chill with shit
anyway, feru said he was gonna post so w/e time to wait zzz
Topic Starter
Hydria
Also whilst I remember:

Blocko wrote:

To be fair, this map is already unique to begin with. Like you mentioned, it already has minijacks, complex snaps and unorthodox patterns, but it's just this one section that doesn't seem to fare well with others. Making it overly complex so it's 'fresh' and 'unique' when it doesn't even warrant anything that much doesn't really make it unique, but exaggerated. Simplicity does work when one part of the song is already simple.
it just doesn't suit in with the way the rest of the mapset feels though, it's not a unique and technical mapset if there's some point where they're all just the same 2 notes for 8/16 bars before getting into the most intense section of the song, plus the snaps aren't even difficult to play if that was an issue, I've tested each one multiple times and they all feel fine in relation to the sing so I don't see what the big complaint is
Julie
poping bubble for the moment
Feerum
Hello Hydria.
I also would like to say some things what happens here and what we can/will do.

Hydria wrote:

There seems to be a snapping conflict in Pope's Insane on 00:26:479 (26479|0,26524|1,26568|2,26613|3,26658|1) - and 00:26:836 (26836|2,26896|3,26955|2,27015|1) - . They're mapped under the same sounds, but they're in different snaps. It's better to stick to one particular snap for consistency with said snaps. they're not mapped under the same sound though, there's a sparkle noise for me and the voice for pope
You have there on 100% the same sound.
No one does play the Beatmap on 25% or 50% Speed. Do you can clearly hear on 100% that these sounds are different because me not and i'm pretty sure 98% of all Mania player too.
Why do you map this as different snap then when it's the same?
Like Blocko, i highly recommend to use here the same snap simply for consistency because like i said, on 100% the sounds are absolute identical.

I also would like to give my opinion to the whole Mapset.
We did go through the "Please Enjoy~" difficult already through IRC and i am pretty sure you know a bit what i think about your Map, but here again:

This Beatmap is beyond of that what we have for now in the ranked section in case of the snapping. Yes, we do allow use approximations in snapping for playability but this Beatmap is already beyond of it. We allow it in cases where it would simply be weird to use the correct snapping when it would be a weird mix of 1/4, 1/6, 1/8 and above.
This means as example, when a long Guitar part in a Beatmap has such a weird snapping but on 100% it all sounds same, we allow to use 1/4 or 1/6, in case what is near to the correct one.
Good examples where we did allow this are Bad Apple's Installation and sherrysina's Our Faith

Kamikaze also said this was discussed in the old Criteria Council and this may be right, i wasn't there but everything what get discussed in the Criteria Council have simply to go first into the Ranking Criteria Forums.
There it will be discussed by the community and as soon a Staff Member does approve this change we can Map following to this new "Rule".
That means everything what was discussed in the old and in the new Ranking Criteria Council is for now not valid

You can Map whatever you wan't but it's a difference if this what you mapped can get into the Ranked section and what not. In the past something like this wasn't allowed, i am pretty sure and i don't see the point when this was changed.
Maybe with the new Ranking Criteria this will change but for now i have to tell you it is in my eyes simply overdone and not for the Ranked section of Beatmaps.

Now let me list some mod for the highest difficult.
[Please Enjoy]

It starts here:
00:19:515 (19515|2,19574|1) - This is actually just one sound. Why do you map it with two notes?
On 100% there is absolut nothing else to hear on 00:19:574 (19574|1) -

00:33:741 (33741|1) - This note should be on a 1/16 beat. When you start at 00:33:741 - you can clearly hear that the 2nd sound comes slightly later.

00:36:702 (36702|3,36866|1,37045|0) - The Marked notes here can be deleted because they have no own sound. On 100% You can't hear there any 2nd sound and it makes the map just unneeded more complicated and overdone.

00:38:934 (38934|3) - Clearly a Ghost Note. There is no sound on it, it's just the vocal which already started at 00:38:920 - .

01:22:550 (82550|3,82573|2,82580|1,82729|0,82751|3,82759|1) - Again. You mapped like 100 sounds at once and all with different snap. What is the sense of this? 01:22:550 (82550|3,82729|0) - These notes are more than enough here.

01:23:979 (83979|3) - The Long sound on this note continues actually until 01:25:050 - .

01:42:908 - From here i have to agree with Blocko. Your notes makes really not much sense and it looks just overdone. Why do you map actually just one sound with 3 different snaps?

01:45:795 (105795|1) - Ghost. No sound.

01:45:854 (105854|0,105854|3) - Actually too but this are notes where it would be possible to discuss since they have a very very quiet echo, what actually is not worth to map because it's simply inaudible.

01:46:896 (106896|3,106955|2,106955|0) - same thing like above. But when you would like to have some "variety" or what ever you could try to follow the vocal samples which would still make way more sense then this.

01:48:652 (108652|1) - Should be on 01:48:644 - means the 1/16 line.

01:48:741 (108741|3,108741|0) - Delete. Ghost note. It has no own sound.

01:52:580 (112580|2,112640|1,112640|3) - Like above. Actually Ghost but a good place to follow the vocals again.

01:53:652 (113652|1,113652|2,113652|3) - I think these notes should be on the 1/16 beat 01:53:644 - . I'm even pretty sure because they sound too late.

01:54:158 (114158|3) - For what is this note? There is no own sound. You have a hihat at 01:54:113 - but where the note currently is there is actually no sound.

Well i think this is all for the "Please Enjoy" difficult.
Also the same things count for Pope's difficult.

I also would like to mention this here:
p/5326570 Pope. This is not a Mod reply and therefore this Map should never get qualified because of the Rule that all Mods have to be replied properly. As example a "what" is not a proper answer for a suggestion which an other player gives to you. If you don't understand what the modder means you can always ask him via Forum PM or simply ingame IRC to explain it. If you reject a suggestion please avoid in the future to write a one word answers.

Also:

Hydria wrote:

next time post your reasons before the DQ so I don't have to waste even more time in qualified
This is not how it work Hydria. To say something like "ok can we get this ranked now" is like the dumbest what you even can do. This doesn't help you, doesn't help the QAT and doesn't help any BN. You never should rush to get a Map back into the qualified section and i would really like to get more discussion here before this get's moved again. You can't simply answer on every point and then get two BN's as soon as possible before someone else can post further feedback.

Please let me know what you think about my words.
Really would like to read a reply.
Topic Starter
Hydria

Feerum wrote:

ok I hate to start on a sour note but

Also:

Hydria wrote:

This issue was resolved 4 days ago with blocko. There was no reason to bring this back up again. Everything below this line was ignored (aka not read)

Hydria wrote:

There seems to be a snapping conflict in Pope's Insane on 00:26:479 (26479|0,26524|1,26568|2,26613|3,26658|1) - and 00:26:836 (26836|2,26896|3,26955|2,27015|1) - . They're mapped under the same sounds, but they're in different snaps. It's better to stick to one particular snap for consistency with said snaps. they're not mapped under the same sound though, there's a sparkle noise for me and the voice for pope
You have there on 100% the same sound.
No one does play the Beatmap on 25% or 50% Speed. Do you can clearly hear on 100% that these sounds are different because me not and i'm pretty sure 98% of all Mania player too.
Why do you map this as different snap then when it's the same?
Like Blocko, i highly recommend to use here the same snap simply for consistency because like i said, on 100% the sounds are absolute identical.

Man what's this BS about "you can't hear the different sounds at 100% speed" I'm pretty sure there's a decent chunk of mania maps out there where you can't really tell the difference at 100% speed but the notes still exist, there's a reason we have 25%/50% available in the editor and that's to make sure snaps on maps are correct otherwise what's the point in lowering the speed, idc if they sound the same at 100% speed, as it goes, they are technically snapped correctly and therefore don't need to be fixed.

Also, for the record, I can hear the two sounds at 100% speed, but that's because I know what I'm listening out for.

I also would like to give my opinion to the whole Mapset.
We did go through the "Please Enjoy~" difficult already through IRC and i am pretty sure you know a bit what i think about your Map, but here again:

This Beatmap is beyond of that what we have for now in the ranked section in case of the snapping. Yes, we do allow use approximations in snapping for playability but this Beatmap is already beyond of it. We allow it in cases where it would simply be weird to use the correct snapping when it would be a weird mix of 1/4, 1/6, 1/8 and above.
This means as example, when a long Guitar part in a Beatmap has such a weird snapping but on 100% it all sounds same, we allow to use 1/4 or 1/6, in case what is near to the correct one.
Good examples where we did allow this are Bad Apple's Installation and sherrysina's Our Faith

Kamikaze also said this was discussed in the old Criteria Council and this may be right, i wasn't there but everything what get discussed in the Criteria Council have simply to go first into the Ranking Criteria Forums.
There it will be discussed by the community and as soon a Staff Member does approve this change we can Map following to this new "Rule".
That means everything what was discussed in the old and in the new Ranking Criteria Council is for now not valid

You can Map whatever you wan't but it's a difference if this what you mapped can get into the Ranked section and what not. In the past something like this wasn't allowed, i am pretty sure and i don't see the point when this was changed.
Maybe with the new Ranking Criteria this will change but for now i have to tell you it is in my eyes simply overdone and not for the Ranked section of Beatmaps. I'm sorry that you share the opinion of a very minor group of people (note: the only people that have complained about the rankability of this map are QATs or previous QATs, no one else) but you know, if you don't want to help advance the possibilities of mapping then sure w/e I guess I'll go to stepmania

Now let me list some mod for the highest difficult. for something you said isn't rankable you're still going to mod okay
[Please Enjoy]

It starts here:
00:19:515 (19515|2,19574|1) - This is actually just one sound. Why do you map it with two notes? pitch shift
On 100% there is absolut nothing else to hear on 00:19:574 (19574|1) - not accepting any "on 100%" reasoning because that's not how modding works

00:33:741 (33741|1) - This note should be on a 1/16 beat. When you start at 00:33:741 - you can clearly hear that the 2nd sound comes slightly later. 1. I can't tell the difference at 100% 2. It's 1/8 3.I'll change it for the 15ms it's worth

00:36:702 (36702|3,36866|1,37045|0) - The Marked notes here can be deleted because they have no own sound. On 100% You can't hear there any 2nd sound and it makes the map just unneeded more complicated and overdone. ok, to note, that first note DOES have a sound attached to it, I checked over that about 20+ times to make sure it did, also the other two notes are for when the vocals because hearable from the loud banging noise before it

00:38:934 (38934|3) - Clearly a Ghost Note. There is no sound on it, it's just the vocal which already started at 00:38:920 - . ending pitch shift

01:22:550 (82550|3,82573|2,82580|1,82729|0,82751|3,82759|1) - Again. You mapped like 100 sounds at once and all with different snap. What is the sense of this? 01:22:550 (82550|3,82729|0) - These notes are more than enough here. yo wait holdup what do you mean those singles are more than enough? are you sure you know what you're talking about, it would be mapped as normal 3-note chords if I was boring, but seeing as that loud whatever noise it is lasts 30ms, that's what the snapping variances are for, it covers the entire sound.

01:23:979 (83979|3) - The Long sound on this note continues actually until 01:25:050 - . purposefully cut short for consistency with pope's diff

01:42:908 - From here i have to agree with Blocko. Your notes makes really not much sense and it looks just overdone. Why do you map actually just one sound with 3 different snaps? I did not spend over 2 and 1/2 hours with this in two different mapping engines just to be told that it should all be snapped the same, the snaps for the echo effects are fine and add variance, just read what I put to blocko I'm not repeating myself

01:45:795 (105795|1) - Ghost. No sound. grace note

01:45:854 (105854|0,105854|3) - Actually too but this are notes where it would be possible to discuss since they have a very very quiet echo, what actually is not worth to map because it's simply inaudible. the sound exists therefore it is mapped

01:46:896 (106896|3,106955|2,106955|0) - same thing like above. But when you would like to have some "variety" or what ever you could try to follow the vocal samples which would still make way more sense then this. I did it's in the hard

01:48:652 (108652|1) - Should be on 01:48:644 - means the 1/16 line.for the 8ms it's worth, sure

01:48:741 (108741|3,108741|0) - Delete. Ghost note. It has no own sound. grace notes following the sound below

01:52:580 (112580|2,112640|1,112640|3) - Like above. Actually Ghost but a good place to follow the vocals again. they're not ghost notes

01:53:652 (113652|1,113652|2,113652|3) - I think these notes should be on the 1/16 beat 01:53:644 - . I'm even pretty sure because they sound too late. there's a delay on 1/16

01:54:158 (114158|3) - For what is this note? There is no own sound. You have a hihat at 01:54:113 - but where the note currently is there is actually no sound pitch shift.

Also the same things count for Pope's difficult. I guess I'll contact pope to come reply to the mod as well

p/5326570 Pope. This is not a Mod reply and therefore this Map should never get qualified because of the Rule that all Mods have to be replied properly. As example a "what" is not a proper answer for a suggestion which an other player gives to you. If you don't understand what the modder means you can always ask him via Forum PM or simply ingame IRC to explain it. If you reject a suggestion please avoid in the future to write a one word answers. I think the "what" in this case was because the point made no sense as what was already mapped was more correct than what was suggested but yeah I guess talk to him about that
Pope Gadget

Feerum wrote:

Also the same things count for Pope's difficult.
if you could mention which ones are for my difficulty as well then that would be great
because if you honestly think that my part at 01:42:908 - and onwards has a ton of ghost notes and snap errors then I'm going to be seriously annoyed

Feerum wrote:

p/5326570 Pope. This is not a Mod reply and therefore this Map should never get qualified because of the Rule that all Mods have to be replied properly. As example a "what" is not a proper answer for a suggestion which an other player gives to you. If you don't understand what the modder means you can always ask him via Forum PM or simply ingame IRC to explain it. If you reject a suggestion please avoid in the future to write a one word answers.
how would you like me to expand on my replies? do you want convoluted 500 character essays with strings of 20 letter words chained together so it sounds like I know what I'm talking about?
how can I expand on 'what' when I don't know what it's suggesting
I could probably expand 'no' for about 6 words but it was for comedic effect
how can I expand 'but it does' without resorting to all sorts of tech language about the audio file which no one cares about
how can I expand 'k' without just copying the mod word-for-word and saying I did it
I'm new to modding mate

--

For anyone wanting to refer to 00:26:479 for my difficulty,

I refuse to change this part unless it's been proven that this pattern kills people.
It is mapped to the voice, which is more prominent in the song during the 1/8 section, which is why it's more dense. The voice has no determined snap.
The highlighted notes are approximating equidistant on the index fingers, so I won't be changing the patterning either.
honestly don't see the issue here. the part's a fluid method but apparently every single nook and cranny has to be damn well concrete for it to be acceptable. I refuse to sacrifice entertainment value for what is essentially a barely distinguishable consistency check.
Blocko

Pope Gadget wrote:

I'm new to modding mate
That's not a valid excuse. Just make your reasons clear and concise. Don't make your responses come off as a joke to other people. Better to make them understand why you denied it than confuse them in the first place.
Also, if you don't understand what they're trying to suggest, just ask them to elaborate on it a little bit more.

Pope Gadget wrote:

honestly don't see the issue here. the part's a fluid method but apparently every single nook and cranny has to be damn well concrete for it to be acceptable. I refuse to sacrifice entertainment value for what is essentially a barely distinguishable consistency check.
You're right on how the voice doesn't have a determined snap, but you already determined it right from when you patterned this out. It doesn't matter how loud or how quiet a sound has to be to justify two fundamentally different snaps, and entertainment value alone doesn't justify why a certain pattern can be deemed as 'passable' and thus, rankable.
Again, choose either 1/6 or 1/8 for the voice. It won't really hurt the map in terms of playability, but it helps to make it clear which sounds you're trying to layer.

---------------

Hydria wrote:

it just doesn't suit in with the way the rest of the mapset feels though, it's not a unique and technical mapset if there's some point where they're all just the same 2 notes for 8/16 bars before getting into the most intense section of the song, plus the snaps aren't even difficult to play if that was an issue, I've tested each one multiple times and they all feel fine in relation to the sing so I don't see what the big complaint is
Even though those snaps are not difficult to play, it's just simply overdone. Sure, you can layer every sound that you can hear right off the track, but there's a limit to how much you can layer on here without it becoming too cluttered to play through and to even look at. Those almost-inaudible sounds may be present, but that doesn't mean you have to layer everything in there expecting that kind of mapping to get ranked, and that's exactly where we (QATs) come in.

Hell, you even have a slowjam at this part. Even then, it doesn't change the fact that this part doesn't justify anything that convoluted.

Hydria wrote:

I'm sorry that you share the opinion of a very minor group of people (note: the only people that have complained about the rankability of this map are QATs or previous QATs, no one else) but you know, if you don't want to help advance the possibilities of mapping then sure w/e I guess I'll go to stepmania
Who the hell do you think you're talking to?

That very minor group of people that you're talking about are responsible for handling quality in qualified maps. We're here to help, but there are lines you just can't cross when you're ranking a map. We're also here to assess what kinds of maps are getting ranked, both objectively and subjectively.

This is part of how the current ranking system works, and I don't think you see how important it is to go through all of this to get a map ranked.
Topic Starter
Hydria

Blocko wrote:

Hydria wrote:

Even though those snaps are not difficult to play, it's just simply overdone. Sure, you can layer every sound that you can hear right off the track, but there's a limit to how much you can layer on here without it becoming too cluttered to play through and to even look at. Those almost-inaudible sounds may be present, but that doesn't mean you have to layer everything in there expecting that kind of mapping to get ranked, and that's exactly where we (QATs) come in.

Hell, you even have a slowjam at this part. Even then, it doesn't change the fact that this part doesn't justify anything that convoluted.
Look, as it goes, it looks like we're both at a stand-off with neither side willing to back down on their opinions so I guess it's time to throw this into the graveyard weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Topic Starter
Hydria
Final post:

To start, for the players, I'd like to apologize for all the people that were looking forward to seeing this map ranked, I put in more work than what goes into 95% of mania maps, but apparently that's not what is acceptable to the QAT these days, as their standards are too strict (not too high, the standards are low enough, just too strict). If, for any reason, the "rules" for mania maps get a bit more lenient, I'll reconsider ranking this, but for now, it's over, since I'm not sacrificing the quality of the map to fit in with what the QAT wants.

For the QAT, I'm actually deeply disappointed in the way you handled this map. My attitude towards your ideas wasn't ideal, I get that, but your responses and reasoning towards why this shouldn't be ranked were, quite frankly, idiotic. Before you think that this is just one person's opinion btw, I talked to some highly respected players and mappers (names remaining anonymous) after the announcement that this was going to graveyard, and they brought up the point that the points you guys brought up made little sense compared to the quality of the map, and that the entire QAT mindset is essentially incorrect. Your job here is to help mappers with issues that might be seen as unrankable alongside listening to the community's view on the map as a whole, and I don't think you even talked to another member of the community about this map whatsoever. Your vision of "Rules > Enjoyability" is just one that doesn't work for an evolving mania community, and seems to be the thing holding this community back from a brighter future. Yes, it's you guys, no one else, and I think a change in mindset is at hand unless you want copy-paste SDVX maps for the rest of your life, which, in turn, it looks like you do. If you want any help with this, go install Stepmania, play it for a week non-stop, and think to yourself why people that come from osu!mania don't stick with osu!mania and go and play Stepmania instead, since there must be some reason.

Finalizing this post, I'm announcing that I'm going inactive from mapping since, from the events I've witnessed in here, the osu!mania "community" isn't ready for what the future holds. I guess look out for my charts in SM in the future until something changes in this community, to which I highly doubt it with the current higher members in charge.

Good luck for the future to all the people that actually helped the mapset in a positive way, and to everyone else I've taken inspiration from in the past.

-Hydria
Harbyter

Hydria wrote:

Final post:

To start, for the players, I'd like to apologize for all the people that were looking forward to seeing this map ranked, I put in more work than what goes into 95% of mania maps, but apparently that's not what is acceptable to the QAT these days, as their standards are too strict (not too high, the standards are low enough, just too strict). If, for any reason, the "rules" for mania maps get a bit more lenient, I'll reconsider ranking this, but for now, it's over, since I'm not sacrificing the quality of the map to fit in with what the QAT wants.

For the QAT, I'm actually deeply disappointed in the way you handled this map. My attitude towards your ideas wasn't ideal, I get that, but your responses and reasoning towards why this shouldn't be ranked were, quite frankly, idiotic. Before you think that this is just one person's opinion btw, I talked to some highly respected players and mappers (names remaining anonymous) after the announcement that this was going to graveyard, and they brought up the point that the points you guys brought up made little sense compared to the quality of the map, and that the entire QAT mindset is essentially incorrect. Your job here is to help mappers with issues that might be seen as unrankable alongside listening to the community's view on the map as a whole, and I don't think you even talked to another member of the community about this map whatsoever. Your vision of "Rules > Enjoyability" is just one that doesn't work for an evolving mania community, and seems to be the thing holding this community back from a brighter future. Yes, it's you guys, no one else, and I think a change in mindset is at hand unless you want copy-paste SDVX maps for the rest of your life, which, in turn, it looks like you do. If you want any help with this, go install Stepmania, play it for a week non-stop, and think to yourself why people that come from osu!mania don't stick with osu!mania and go and play Stepmania instead, since there must be some reason.

Finalizing this post, I'm announcing that I'm going inactive from mapping since, from the events I've witnessed in here, the osu!mania "community" isn't ready for what the future holds. I guess look out for my charts in SM in the future until something changes in this community, to which I highly doubt it with the current higher members in charge.

Good luck for the future to all the people that actually helped the mapset in a positive way, and to everyone else I've taken inspiration from in the past.

-Hydria
almost stopped to read after this ''but apparently that's not what is acceptable to the QAT these days, as their standards are too strict (not too high, the standards are low enough, just too strict) '' but i've decided to continue and meh, since i'm not good writing long things in english i'll tell you in few words what i think about this mapset.

The snapping are pretty a mess, how can you say that you used correct snaps???Using random 1/8 - 1/12 - 1/16 for anonymous sounds do you really think those are correct snaps??Can you provide some proof that those sounds are actually snapped correctly??? NO

Feerum and Blocko already said what i think about those snaps, they are overdone and the concept of ''snaps simplification'' is applied in a wrong way here.

Also readed here and there that this mapset is unique but personally i don't see anything that can be called unique .

If you want any help with this, go install Stepmania, play it for a week non-stop, and think to yourself why people that come from osu!mania don't stick with osu!mania and go and play Stepmania instead, since there must be some reason.
why people have to install stepmania to understand your chart ?_? Why are you bringing up SM??This isn't stepmania get out from here , we don't need overjoy charts

oh wow it's like you're the victim lol .You can just go inactive in peace , i don't think it will change something .

-Harbyter

sorry if my post seems to be a little aggressive but it was mean to be like this
Topic Starter
Hydria

Harbyter wrote:

The snapping are pretty a mess, how can you say that you used correct snaps???Using random 1/8 - 1/12 - 1/16 for anonymous sounds do you really think those are correct snaps??Can you provide some proof that those sounds are actually snapped correctly??? NO

ok lets clarify a few things here, I can do this but
1. not once has anyone actually asked me to prove the snapping
2. it's too late for me to go and actually get proof now, I've lost interest

Feerum and Blocko already said what i think about those snaps, they are overdone and the concept of ''snaps simplification'' is applied in a wrong way here.

Also readed here and there that this mapset is unique but personally i don't see anything that can be called unique . so this looks like another standard mania map? okay then . _. (I highly disagree with you but w/e)

If you want any help with this, go install Stepmania, play it for a week non-stop, and think to yourself why people that come from osu!mania don't stick with osu!mania and go and play Stepmania instead, since there must be some reason.
why people have to install stepmania to understand your chart ?_? Why are you bringing up SM??This isn't stepmania get out from here , we don't need overjoy charts it's not for the overjoy charts, it's for the wide variety in mapping styles and designs they have

EDIT: if you don't want to go through that hassle, think: Why is mania the only game mode where ranked maps are barely used from quarter finals onwards? And no, it's not because people are lazy or this game mode is new. That's incorrect.

oh wow it's like you're the victim lol .You can just go inactive in peace , i don't think it will change something . I'm just the voice for what others think, that's all. Also, it's a post I can point to for reasons why I've got inactive.

-Harbyter

sorry if my post seems to be a little aggressive but it was mean to be like this yeah w/e dude
SIDE NOTE: from what I've seen, the QATs are about as big of a laughing stock atm as they were during the anemone incident.
Topic Starter
Hydria
actually you know what ok whilst I remember this reasoning, here's a "legit" (seeing as the other responses are "unlegit") response to the whole "the slow piano is oversnapped" argument I may regret this in the morning but frankly who cares at this point

MAKING THE SLOW PIANO PART CONSISTENT MAKES IT INCONSISTENT WITH THE REST OF THE MAP.
THE MAP'S SNAPPING IS DESIGNED TO BE INCONSISTENT OVERALL AND IF YOU TRY AND TAKE THE INCONSISTENT MAPPING AND MAKE IT CONSISTENT, THEN YOU'RE RUINING THE WHOLE MAP'S DESIGN.
STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE CONSISTENT INCONSISTENCY INCONSISTENT WITH YOUR CONSISTENCY.
juankristal
Avoid useless comments. Thats all I have to say related to this.

If you all want to keep discussing its fine as long as you do it in a polite way, any kind of inappropiate behaviour here from now will be punished so please dont do it anymore.

I wont talk at all about the map because I dont have the time to look it so I will leave the QAT and the mappers to do that job. Even tho this map might be unique or not it doesnt change the fact that the Ranking Criteria does exist and then we have to follow it. Its up to you to map for ranking or not, sadly or not, thats how it works.

If you really want to change the Ranking Criteria there is a subforum designed for it. So instead of just complaining, why not doing something? (and I am talking to everyone now, not only the mappers). Anyway, thats just my point of view.

So I hope we can stay calm here and discus properly, keep this thread clean.
Topic Starter
Hydria

juankristal wrote:

Even tho this map might be unique or not it doesnt change the fact that the Ranking Criteria does exist and then we have to follow it. Its up to you to map for ranking or not, sadly or not, thats how it works.
but 99.96% of this map follows the current ranking criteria, and the 0.04% that doesn't, no one is talking about, they're talking about something which completely fits into the way the criteria is set atm.
iiyo
holy, calm down
juankristal

Hydria wrote:

juankristal wrote:

Even tho this map might be unique or not it doesnt change the fact that the Ranking Criteria does exist and then we have to follow it. Its up to you to map for ranking or not, sadly or not, thats how it works.
but 99.96% of this map follows the current ranking criteria, and the 0.04% that doesn't, no one is talking about, they're talking about something which completely fits into the way the criteria is set atm.
Like I said, I am not aware about the state of the map and I am not going to say anything about it. Thats something you can keep talking with the QAT or whoever is in charge of it (BNs maybe).
Topic Starter
Hydria

juankristal wrote:

Like I said, I am not aware about the state of the map and I am not going to say anything about it. Thats something you can keep talking with the QAT or whoever is in charge of it (BNs maybe).
Fair enough, you keep doing your job then.

Also map on hold for a couple of weeks whilst I cover other stuff.
Topic Starter
Hydria
ok MWC RO16 is over that means this can move forward once more, revival tomorrow or something

EDIT: Revived, contacting appropriate people
Also people showing disrespect after I mentioned I was leaving, shame on you.

EDIT 2: Appropriate people contacted, discussion commences tomorrow.

EDIT 3: Delayed since QAT can't turn up at an agreed time twice in a row. Possible resume date 22/23.

EDIT 4: Make that thrice.
Topic Starter
Hydria
[CLARIFICATION POST]

To follow the new Code of Conduct regarding mapping and modding, a lot of this post has had to be cut (i.e like 95% of it) and laying ahead will be the reasons why this map is in the graveyard instead of receiving attention. Everything presented will be fact, and so no arguing should ensue.

Day 1 - 14th August 2016

The day after the post was made that I was reviving the mapset, I receive a message from Feerum, saying that with the discussions that have happened in the forums already, a formal QAT to Mapper talk would be reasonable to try and sort out differences once and for all and asked if I was available the next day. I said yes, and then began waiting.

Day 2 - 15th August 2016

The scheduled time arrives, and no contact with me was made, not even to say that there was going to be a late start. I was busy playing Overwatch at that time so it wasn't until a few hours later where I contacted Feerum to see what had happened. He said that Blocko didn't show up, and we would try again tomorrow.

Day 3 - 16th August 2016

The scheduled time arrives once more, and this time, instead of waiting a few hours to get a response, I contact Feerum 30 min after the due time, and I get no response in return. At all.

Day 13 - 26th August 2016

After a week of both of us not actually being at home, the time comes again to try and schedule a third appointment. After a few hours, the same "Tomorrow" comes back as had the other two attempts, this time stating that no time would be scheduled and just to be available for the entire day

Day 14 - 27th August 2016

No messages were sent between us, at all, as at this point, I was quite annoyed with the lack of turning up for this event. Reminder: the QATs were the ones that wanted to schedule this first, and under Blocko's word, this map can't go forward until he says it's fine.

Day 18 - 31st August 2016

I contact Blocko this time, just to make sure that Feerum had actually been trying to contact him to schedule these times, and he gives the expected "Yes but other things get in the way." response, so I leave him a message saying that I'm always available for the next two weeks for whenever they have time to fit me in; he says that's fine.

Day 32 - 14th September 2016

Map finally hits graveyard, and my free time runs out, no contact has been made since Day 18.

So with this said, it's going to sit in the graveyard forever since the people I need (not want, they won't let me continue otherwise) to push this forward just haven't and I don't have the patience to keep waiting on them.
Wh1teh
Who watches the watchmen?
Topic Starter
Hydria

Wh1teh wrote:

Who watches the watchmen?
The community managers presumably
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.