forum

Kiiara - Feels (Jai Wolf Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ora
M4m if you still want? 8-)

I apologize for not making my mod as neat and organized as yours usually are. Hopefully it helps out a little bit.

General:

01:11:135 - I don't think you need the inheriting point here. It's a copy of the previous one I'm pretty sure. I found it in all difficulties, but maybe I'm missing something
Easy:

I know it's Easy diff, but I think there should be a circle at 01:19:579 - and 01:23:135 - . The space between 01:20:023 (2,1) - is fine

Easy looks ready to go :^)
Normal:

00:15:135 (3,4) - You start the reverse slider on red here but on white here 00:19:135 (2,3) - and I don't agree with that

01:29:801 (2) - I don't agree with the placement of this circle. You don't do it anywhere else in the map, and it might cause confusion

01:52:023 (3,4) - This can have a nicer blanket without having to fix any DS or placement :^) but not required

Very clean diff in my opinion ^^
Feels:

00:43:579 (3,4,5) - Here you use a circle after the slider, but you don't at 00:50:690 (3,4) - . Not saying it's wrong, but it would be nice for an explaination here.

Is it because of the vocals? because you aren't even mapping the vocals there so I think it would be fine to have one. The vocals stop at 00:50:912 - so I think you should definitely add one.

01:02:246 (1,2,3,4,5) - I'm not sure I agree with the pattern you have here. The placement feels a little bit random and the flow of the sliders don't feel comfortable.

As you can see, the first part of the pattern 01:02:246 (1,2) - flows fine, but 01:02:690 (2,3) - just feels awkward and uncomfortable.

When I say the pattern looks random, I look at the placement of the circles as a whole: http://puu.sh/r7Mfc/0813c208bf.jpg The space between 01:02:246 (1,3) - is smaller than the space between 01:02:912 (3,5) - .

I'm not saying it needs to be remapped, but it can be fixed up a little bit.

01:04:468 (3) - I'm not sure I hear a beat here where the slider ends. I slowed it down to 25% and still didn't hear anything

01:23:579 (1) - The rhythm here is http://puu.sh/r7Myc/539ce1bbd5.jpg I believe

01:24:468 (3) - I don't think you need to stop mapping to the music here.

01:35:801 (5,6) - I think there needs to be a 1/8 reverse slider here to distinguish it from the 1/4 stream

01:54:690 (3,4) - I don't care much about blankets but these sliders wrapped around 01:55:801 (1) - just don't look right :3

02:00:023 (5,6) - Inconsistent DS, small but noticeable to me. Compare it with 01:56:468 (4,5) -

There might be more, so I would go through and check

02:01:801 (4) - Not too sure about this whistle you have here. I think the part will be fine without, especially since you only map the whistle on white ticks

02:05:801 (5) - add a whistle here imo

Overall you have a very unique mapping style. It seems older mapping styles, but a refreshed version that is very appealing ^_^
Topic Starter
BounceBabe

Ora wrote:

M4m if you still want? 8-) Ofc :P

I apologize for not making my mod as neat and organized as yours usually are. It's the content that matters :) Hopefully it helps out a little bit.

General:

01:11:135 - I don't think you need the inheriting point here. It's a copy of the previous one I'm pretty sure. I found it in all difficulties, but maybe I'm missing something :o I actually wanted to use drum sounds here for the musical change oh gosh. Thanks for noticing.

Normal:

00:15:135 (3,4) - You start the reverse slider on red here but on white here 00:19:135 (2,3) - and I don't agree with that Remapped

Very clean diff in my opinion Thank you :) ^^
Feels:

00:43:579 (3,4,5) - Here you use a circle after the slider, but you don't at 00:50:690 (3,4) - . Not saying it's wrong, but it would be nice for an explaination here.

Is it because of the vocals? because you aren't even mapping the vocals there so I think it would be fine to have one. The vocals stop at 00:50:912 - so I think you should definitely add one. It's the vocal in the background i mapped to on these patterns :P

01:02:246 (1,2,3,4,5) - I'm not sure I agree with the pattern you have here. The placement feels a little bit random and the flow of the sliders don't feel comfortable.

As you can see, the first part of the pattern 01:02:246 (1,2) - flows fine, but 01:02:690 (2,3) - just feels awkward and uncomfortable.

When I say the pattern looks random, I look at the placement of the circles as a whole: http://puu.sh/r7Mfc/0813c208bf.jpg The space between 01:02:246 (1,3) - is smaller than the space between 01:02:912 (3,5) - .

I'm not saying it needs to be remapped, but it can be fixed up a little bit. Ye i agree with you there. Found it weird myself before but didn't bother changing it xD Changed it now. Should be better.

01:04:468 (3) - I'm not sure I hear a beat here where the slider ends. I slowed it down to 25% and still didn't hear anything I kinda always create such longer sliders to add a transition from one element to the next, create more gameplay interest and pattern variation. Technically its a vocal emphasis until the next vocal at 01:04:912 - too. "juice" ends here 01:04:690 - but "I'll" is from 01:04:690 - to 01:04:801 - And another slider wouldn't fit gameplay wise because the vocal is too weak. It's pretty much this http://puu.sh/r7WW7/052cd4d8f9.jpg just without a 1/2 slider and the slider ending on the red tick. In other words I skipped to map "I'll" and instead extended the slider for a vocal transition :P It's easier to understand with this pattern 01:11:135 (1,2) - same thing here

01:23:579 (1) - The rhythm here is http://puu.sh/r7Myc/539ce1bbd5.jpg I believe Same as above

01:24:468 (3) - I don't think you need to stop mapping to the music here. Same as above

01:35:801 (5,6) - I think there needs to be a 1/8 reverse slider here to distinguish it from the 1/4 stream Already replied to this once. I skipped to map those 1/8 synths and created a triple instead. It plays a lot better imo and a 1/8 slider would be really distractive from the gameplay i find.

01:54:690 (3,4) - I don't care much about blankets but these sliders wrapped around 01:55:801 (1) - just don't look right :3 Personal preference :P

02:01:801 (4) - Not too sure about this whistle you have here. I think the part will be fine without, especially since you only map the whistle on white ticks

02:05:801 (5) - add a whistle here imo Consistent rhythm apart from the blue tick. It's for SB and I dont want to add slider ticks just for this single hitsound inconsistency that i barely noticeable

Overall you have a very unique mapping style. It seems older mapping styles, but a refreshed version that is very appealing ^_^ Yes i don't like nowadays mapping styles ^^ I like my spacing.
Thanks was really useful! Everything else deleted I applied.
Natsu
Feels

1. 00:42:690 (1,2) - I'd use a repeat slider, hit 2 is really hard due to the polarity issue
  2. 01:04:801 (4,1) - nazi, shouldn't be stacked?
  3. 01:27:135 (1,2,3) - all the straight sliders looks kinda bored, I'd make 01:27:579 (2) - a bit curved like: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6078243
  4. 00:19:135 (5,1,2) - I don't think these jumps fit the song properly, since the pitch is basically the same.
  5. 02:02:690 (5) - missing NC?
  6. 02:11:579 (1) - increase volume
  7. 02:20:135 (1) - maybe reduce the volume a bit? sounds super strong in game.
Normal

1. 00:19:135 (2,3) - spacing
  2. 00:20:468 (4,1) - same (check with stacking on or in game, because its caused due to the stack leniency)
  3. 02:20:246 (1) - why its starting at different time? even the easy diff is in 1/4
  4. Reduce volume at the last spinner
Easy

1. 01:23:578 (3) - unsnapped
  2. Reduce volume at the last spinner
:)
Topic Starter
BounceBabe

Natsu wrote:

Feels

1. 01:27:135 (1,2,3) - all the straight sliders looks kinda bored, I'd make 01:27:579 (2) - a bit curved like: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6078243 The whole pattern 01:27:135 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - is supposed to be linear :P so it is intentional
  2. 00:19:135 (5,1,2) - I don't think these jumps fit the song properly, since the pitch is basically the same. That pattern i dont like either but the jumps i placed to emphasise the vocal repetition. Remapped that tiny part anyway.
  3. 02:11:579 (1) - increase volume Would be too loud imo. 50 should be fine

:) :D
Applied all the rest. Thank you !
Natsu
Topic Starter
BounceBabe
Throws imaginary kudo at Natsu \o/
Gero
Welcome back.
~ Qualified ~
Shiranai
Don't do drugs, congrats! :p
Sonnyc
Grats
Luel Roseline
Oh my I'm so late...
Anyway, great job.
Mao
Grats! :3
Topic Starter
BounceBabe
That was fast :O Thanks Natsu and Gero and everyone <3
Okoratu
DQ was requested by host to fix an error
Topic Starter
BounceBabe
What I fixed in Feels
01:04:468 (3,4,5) -
Natsu
:)
VINXIS
FoK
Gero
~ Requalified ~
meii18
Congrats BounceBabe! :)
Topic Starter
BounceBabe
Xiaolin
BB is the best, grats! \ o /
Irreversible
Hey there, while looking at your mapset, there were several things that caught my attention.

Spread

I really feel like there is something going wrong within the whole spread. The jump from CS 3.5 to 4.7 is one thing, but then having such a spike from the Normal to the so-called Hard is too much. Hard feels more like an insane - whether it be because of the long streams or the big jumps. Easiest fix would probably be to simply map another difficulty which resembles the Hard diff, to provide a proper spread between those diffs.

Inaudible Hitsounds

00:14:246 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,1,2,3,4) - The hitsounds of this part are pretty inaudible, thus they don't provide enough feedback to be rankable. Please increase the volume of those sligthly to easily fix it.

Feels

I personally feel like more mods would have been beneficial to this difficulty. I've seen one mod mentioning that there are inconsistencies to be found, which I actually agree on. The rhythm is inconsistent many times, often ignores the downbeats (example: 01:42:023 (3) - , why do you need to make this such an awkward break? It would be way better to keep the flow + movement going). Another really inconsitent rhythm would be 01:48:023 (4,1,2) - . It ignores the downbeats again and has really low spacing for this circumstance. I mean, you have more spacing 02:00:912 (1,2,3) - ..
The way you stack also doesn't make a lot of sense to me, could you elaborate on that? Namely 01:41:357 (1,2) - 01:42:912 (4,1) - 01:49:357 (3,4) - 02:01:579 (3,4) - vs 02:02:690 (1,2) -

As of right now, I don't think this map belongs to qualified yet, but I'm certain that you will be able to improve it so you can push it again.

See you!
Nyukai
Gotta agree there, I like the song and map as well but I kinda miss another diff between N and "H".
Fycho
Kinda agree with Irre's post, the spread issus does exsit. Especially for feels difficulty: 01:35:801 (5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - the stream makes a huge difficulty spike and makes it more like an "Extra" difficulty, we encourage every (normal) Insane difficulty not have stream that not longer than 9 notes, but this difficulty is even a hard difficulty according current spread. You have to figure it out before moving forward.
Bonsai
Hey BB, in case you add another diff, I recommend calling the current Hard 'Light Insane' :^^)))
/run
Topic Starter
BounceBabe

Irreversible wrote:

Hey there, while looking at your mapset, there were several things that caught my attention.

Spread

I really feel like there is something going wrong within the whole spread. The jump from CS 3.5 to 4.7 is one thing, but then having such a spike from the Normal to the so-called Hard is too much. Hard feels more like an insane - whether it be because of the long streams or the big jumps. Easiest fix would probably be to simply map another difficulty which resembles the Hard diff, to provide a proper spread between those diffs.

As for the spread issue, I haven't had any difficulties getting my previous maps ranked with such settings. There even is a mapset that is ranked with similar difficulty settings and spread. In general, those are my kind of settings that I use. It's just how I make my spreads. The hardest difficulty is also not supposed to be a Hard, it's a Hard+. I won't push the settings or mapping even further and unnecessarily overmap the difficulty to make it an Insane. It doesn't suit the song and is too much. My spreads are usually very unique. The Normal also is not quite a Normal in my eyes. It's a little harder than that an this is fine. The star rating may not agree with that but the gameplay of the patterns do. It is definitely fine for this spread as middle piece between Easy and Feels. The only thing I could address is to change the difficulty names according to it's level (or see at the bottom), but the mapset spread is perfectly fine. I even lowered the difficulty settings a bit for Normal as it was classed as "too" hard for it to be a Normal.

Inaudible Hitsounds

00:14:246 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,1,2,3,4) - The hitsounds of this part are pretty inaudible, thus they don't provide enough feedback to be rankable. Please increase the volume of those sligthly to easily fix it.

They are not inaudible. The volume of the song is low which doesn't need to be overwhelmed by louder hitsound volume. It does match the volume of the song perfectly. The hitnormal that I added is audible enough as well. It isn't supposed to overtake the music, especially when the first part isn't that loud. I can use 40% but that is as far as I'll go. Everything higher will be too noisy for it to support the music properly.

Feels

I personally feel like more mods would have been beneficial to this difficulty. I've seen one mod mentioning that there are inconsistencies to be found, which I actually agree on. The rhythm is inconsistent many times, often ignores the downbeats (example: 01:42:023 (3) - , why do you need to make this such an awkward break? It would be way better to keep the flow + movement going). Another really inconsitent rhythm would be 01:48:023 (4,1,2) - . It ignores the downbeats again and has really low spacing for this circumstance. I mean, you have more spacing 02:00:912 (1,2,3) - ..
The way you stack also doesn't make a lot of sense to me, could you elaborate on that? Namely 01:41:357 (1,2) - 01:42:912 (4,1) - 01:49:357 (3,4) - 02:01:579 (3,4) - vs 02:02:690 (1,2) -

And I already explained my reasons why I keep those "inconsistencies" in my map. It's also one of my mapping characteristics and they are very frequently used in my maps. You can check them out by yourself and you'll see what I mean. I commonly use more variations that add to the music. It's not overmapping, it's mixing several point in the music into a pattern. It's all playable and makes sense if you listen to it.I haven't had any problems with this either so far. I don't know why this is an issue now. The downbeat doesn't always have to be mapped when there are other synth, vocals, you name it at this specific point that are more suitable for mapping. As you wish, I'll elaborate on your points mentioned to clarify any "inconsistencies" that occured in your eyes but are totally reasonable to me.

"01:42:023 (3) - , why do you need to make this such an awkward break? It would be way better to keep the flow + movement going" Did you listen to what I mapped here? To the vocals. The pause is intentional as there is nothing worth mapping to other than the vocals at this point. I won't add unnecessary notes that aren't needed in my pattern. Besides, the flow is perfectly fine and the pattern enhances the vocals perfectly. I don't see a problem here. It plays really smooth.

Another really inconsitent rhythm would be 01:48:023 (4,1,2) - . It ignores the downbeats again and has really low spacing for this circumstance. I mean, you have more spacing 02:00:912 (1,2,3) - ..
Initially this was a completely different pattern here. If you go through the mods you will see that. There is a small spacing inconsistency tbh but no rhythm inconsistency? My usual spacing through the map that I used was 1,0 1,5 and 2,0. I didn't use anything else. Everything that has slightly different spacing is merely due to mods. 01:48:801 (1) - This circle was initially placed to create a jump at the top left http://puu.sh/rcgYp/773edea9ac.jpg The spacing was 1,5 between those 01:49:135 (2,3) - it was reasonable but someone pointed it out that it had bad flow if i recall, I agreed and I adjusted that. Which is now a slight spacing inconsistency. The small jump between 01:49:135 (2,3) - is with 1,5 spacing and creates an enhancement with the discernible drum in the music at 01:49:357 - . In regards to the downbeat, I mapped to the vocals again, that's why the circles are on the blue and red ticks. Why would I include the downbeat when I mapped to the vocal? The pattern is totally fine.

What exactly doesn't make sense to you? I have no idea what you try to imply with this statements. Explain it to me first then I can elaborate on that.

Fycho wrote:

Kinda agree with Irre's post, the spread issus does exsit. Especially for feels difficulty: 01:35:801 (5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - the stream makes a huge difficulty spike and makes it more like an "Extra" difficulty, we encourage every (normal) Insane difficulty not have stream that not longer than 9 notes, but this difficulty is even a hard difficulty according current spread. You have to figure it out before moving forward.
This is nowhere near to an Extra. This is how I usually map my Hard-Insane difficulties and they were totally rankable so far. It does clearly not play like a Hard so it is not one. Compare it to my previous ranked maps. The icon and ratings are similar. The Normal is quite challenging for a Normal as well and it was more difficult before it got modded to this degree as well. The stream is also completely fine for this difficulty. Streams are fine in Hards and Insanes. As for the star rating, the rating lies within the RC star rating rules which makes it also a Hard. The star rating is 3.6 which is not yet Insane but still more challenging that an average Hard, which is fine for my usual mapset spreads.
"2.25-3.75: Hard" Source: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria The Easy difficulty is also very easy apart from 1 pattern which can't be mapped to anything else in my eyes. Before jumping to conclusions about a bad mapset spread you should also take the gameplay into consideration of each difficulty and not only the star ratings and what the Icons say. Apart from the jumps, spacing changes, streams in Feels, the difficulty itself is somewhat close to the Normal, just with more elements. The spacing is not random like I already mentioned and well thought through. The patterns match the rhythm and vocals of the song. The Normal has significant patterns that are more challenging to play as they are not following the downbeats accordingly, which requires more experiences to play.

If you want a change in regards to this system read my post about the ranking criteria proposal. It is more reasonable than the current one and will greatly improve mapset spreads. But as long as my difficulty star rating on each difficulty match the RC rules, are accordingly mapped to the music with reasonable spacing unlike other maps that I've seen, this is an unjustified disqualification and I can only offer to modify the difficulties themselves to further enhance the spread to your liking but I will not add another unnecessary difficulty that is not needed for this mapset. Besides, I've seen maps that have such spreads and they were not addressed so why me? It's my usual spread too. Totally incomprehensible to me.

Bonsai wrote:

Hey BB, in case you add another diff, I recommend calling the current Hard 'Light Insane' :^^)))
/run
Don't ever suggest that to me. :o I would never make a Light Easy, Light Normal, Light Hard and Light Insane. That's not me.

Shitstorm in 3... 2... 1...
Nyukai
All my respect to you BB but... This is not 2013 mapping anymore. Or 2014. Whatever before 2015.
Topic Starter
BounceBabe
Please don't drag me down to that again. I know. I went through some recently ranked maps and they have bad spreads too but it's not noticeable due to the amount of difficulties, especially Extras. As long as they don't get addressed as well nothing is going to change. And why this statement of not being in 2013 anymore? What's that got to do with this? The RC hasn't changed much and the new rules are possibly, hopefully going to be improved which everyone can use to create a better spread. If you really do dislike it so much don't play it. I can't say it enough. Live and let live. I have my policies and I stick to them. They are correct and according to RC rules so why all this? There's no harm in having differences from mapper to mapper. It would be bland to have only same mapset from mapper to mapper. There are set rules that everyone follows. Everything else is subjective and can be discussed. This is why mods exists. If you do dislike something about a map then say it and don't just complain without any proper reason that is not justified. Period.
Ora

Nyu-chan wrote:

All my respect to you BB but... This is not 2013 mapping anymore. Or 2014. Whatever before 2015.
Why would you even say this? It might seem like it but I've said this before to BounceBabe, this feels like a more refreshed version of older mapping, and it's actually done well. There's nothing wrong with the way he mapped it or the style
Bonsai
I like how you bring up the argument "the SR & icon says it's a good spread" but then go "Before jumping to conclusions about a bad mapset spread you should also take the gameplay into consideration of each difficulty and not only the star ratings and what the Icons say." - That's exactly what they did, they pointed out gameplay-elements that make the Hard appear like an Insane. I've looked at it myself rn, and I agree:
  1. The Easy does have a few passive ( = unclickable-to-clickable) 1/2-gaps and one single active 1/2-gap
  2. The Normal never got more than three clickable 1/2s in a row and not a single 1/4-gap, not even passive; and afaik sticks to constant DS 100%, zero jumps
  3. The Hard got 19 clickable 1/4s in a row, big jumps, often extremely ambiguous (anti-)spacing, and also already perfectly stacking 1/2s when there are 1/1-stacks too which might be confusing Hard-players at AR7
To me, this seems extremely imbalanced. Talking about starrating or icons is completely irrelevant as they are zero indication of the exact difficulty of a map. ofc your icon technically suits the RC-rules, but not breaking any strict RC-rule doesn't mean that it's rankable at all. There are tons of mapsets where spread is being discussed even though the icons or the starrating appear to be okay, because nowadays we rather concentrate on a spread being linear. Not minding that, referring to other maps is never a valid argument for anything, many things are hard to define or case-by-case, and not every map gets the same attention by the same people. If you have concerns about spread in other maps, feel free to voice them there.

Unrelated to the spread-issue, I have two quick things I'd like to point out that I noticed while checking the spread:
Normal: 00:42:690 (1,2) - Since this isis the first time you've used this rhythm, it would be nice if it were introduced by a reverse-slider like you used it many times afterwards, so the player is aware of this rhythm existing before they have to actively click it
Feels: Since you seem to use GridSnap, your spacing varies slightly, which ofc is no problem in itself, but it does play a big role visually when a difference of x0,03 decides whether a followpoint is visible or not - Examples for what I mean are 00:21:357 (1,2,3,4) - 00:35:579 (1,2,3) - 01:01:357 (3,4,5) - 01:05:135 (5,6,7) - etc etc, this makes it seem a bit unpolished visually, disabling GridSnap for a sec and reducing the relatively few points where the spacing is x1,03 to of x1,00 would be nice

Also, the thing about 'Light Insane' was just a joke bc I know you dislike it xd sry
Nyukai

Ora wrote:

Nyu-chan wrote:

Why would you even say this? It might seem like it but I've said this before to BounceBabe, this feels like a more refreshed version of older mapping, and it's actually done well. There's nothing wrong with the way he mapped it or the style
I don't mean style, I mean other stuff. Things like mapset spread were kinda different before.
Konei
Topic Starter
BounceBabe

BounceBabe wrote:

I can only offer to modify the difficulties themselves to further enhance the spread to your liking but I will not add another unnecessary difficulty that is not needed for this mapset.
What changed:

- Renamed Easy to Beginner, Normal to Intermediate and Feels to Advanced.
- Toyed around with the difficulty settings of each difficulty so the settings gradually increase with each difficulty level.
- Increased the hitsound volume from the start to 40% in all difficulties.
- Changed the combo colour patterns accordingly to the SB.
- Changed something in the SB too.
- Added a few more elements in Easy.
- Increased the difficulty of the Normal to create a middle piece between Beginner and Advanced. Added small jumps, spacing changes and the KIAI has a 1,15 SV change. Added a lot of new elements as well as changing some existing ones. Remapped some parts.
- Removed the "Extra" stream from Feels.
- Fixed any spacing inconsistencies. Even the nazi suggestions listed.
- I got a concussion due to my head accidentally hitting my desk several times in a row when fixing the spread.

What needs checking:

Mostly Intermediate due to the jumps, spacing changes and SV change in the KIAI time that I've added. Also need a hitsound check on every difficulty for consistency due the SB being a hitsound SB.

Intermediate:
00:14:246 (1,2,3,4,5) - 00:30:246 (4,5,6) - 00:33:801 (4,5,6,7) - 00:40:912 (3,4,5,6) - 00:45:579 (5,6,7) - 00:48:023 (4,5,6,7,8) - 01:01:579 (2,3,1) - 01:17:579 (4,5,1) - 01:30:246 (4,5,6,7,8) - 01:34:246 (4,5,6) - 01:38:468 (1,2) - 01:43:135 (1,2) - 01:45:135 (5,6,7) - 01:52:912 (4,5) - 02:06:912 (6,7,8,1) -

Advanced:
01:48:023 (4,1,2,3) - spacing
01:36:023 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - stream to slider change

Bonasai wrote:

If you have concerns about spread in other maps, feel free to voice them there.
t/463506/start=0 The Easy plays like a Normal and it's gameplay is advanced, not suitable for beginners. There are a lot of rhythmical changes, aside from being too many elements in an Easy. The Normal is only slightly harder so the difficulty level increase from Easy to Normal is only little. The Hard plays like an Insane due to the high BPM of the song and really large DS, even if it doesn't have many jumps, it's definitely hard to follow and a huge jump in gameplay from Normal to Hard. The fast tapping due to the BPM make it more advanced than a Hard. The Hard is a Hard-Insane. This should be addressed as well.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1011753&m=0 The Hard difficulty has more advanced gameplay than it should have and is even partially overmapped for a Hard. Patterns like 00:59:367 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - 01:24:539 (2,3,4,5) - 01:27:470 (1,2,3,4) - are not easy to play and is not suited for Hard difficulties and should be used in Insane and Extras. There are a lot of inconsistencies in the spacing as well. Not to mention several SV changes that are pretty big. This is also a Hard-Insane and not a Hard. Compared to the Advanced, which has linear patterns and easy to read patterns that are mostly 1/1 and 1/2, the jump from Advanced to Hard is too big in gameplay. Additionally, the spread itself is not even as it is dominated by harder difficulties. The Normal as it's lowest difficulty has a star rating of 1,7 which is fine but the rest is above 2 stars, so there should technically be an Easy in order to have a balanced spread that is not dominated by harder difficulties.
This is the exact same on this mapset https://osu.ppy.sh/b/978443&m=0 The Hard difficulty has a star rating gap of 1,5 and the gameplay is more advanced that it is suited for Hard difficulties due to it's large DS. Patterns like these 00:38:694 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,1,2) - are very long, need endurance and more experience in regards to readability in order for players to be able to play this properly without misses or combo breaks. There is a SV increase in the KIAI that makes the whole difficulty even harder in gameplay which can already be considered as them being jumps but with consistent spacing.1,8 DS is also a little much for how the difficulty is played. Additionally, the difficulty has several SV variations, not only in the KIAI which increase the hardness or the difficulty in gameplay, again. Another Hard that is a Hard-Insane. By comparison, the Normal has no SV nor DS changes and has easy to play 1/1 and 1/2 patterns and doesn't require as much experience in regards of gameplay knowledge. The Normal also consist of a lot of sliders which makes the Normal even easier compared to the Hard, whereas the Hard has multiple jumps in a row sometimes, more circle and slider variations that need more experience in order to play them good. And what I already mentioned, the large DS and even SV changes make it even harder. This makes the jump between Normal and Hard, again, very big and this should be addressed as well.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/353398 Not to mention this mapset. The BPM is horrendously high and this makes the spread hard to be balanced. First of all, the Hard difficulty plays like an Insane due to the slider being so "short" in gameplay because of the BPM. Especially two notes in a row play like doubles in a usual Insane that has lower BPM. Like here 01:44:025 (3,4,1,2,3,4) - this pattern requires quick thinking, reaction and finger tapping in order to successfully play it. Especially this streak of objects 03:31:052 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3) - is very hard to play due to its many rhythmical placement variations that require experience in reading, movement and tapping accordingly. Compared to the Normal, which has linear 1/1 objects placement, the gameplay of Hard is like an Insane and should not be named Hard. Additionally, the Easy difficulty only has a minimal difficulty level changes. The Easy should have a lot less elements and longer and also reversed sliders to keep the difficulty increase from Easy to Normal balanced.

I'm also very concerned about the difficulty spread of this map https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1026028&m=0 For one, the Hard has due to it's BPM a lot of patterns that have many tapping changes that are hard to play like this streak 01:39:267 (7,8,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - It needs endurance, experience and according gameplay for it to be playable and such streaks are not recommendable for Hards as they are more frequently used in Insanes and higher because it requires more advanced tapping / gameplay. Not to mention the many readability issues that I disagree with. Due to it's DS, the clustered pattern placement and constant gameplay changes, the difficulty lacks of readability in order to grant a proper and smooth gameplay. Especially on the first patterns before the break like 00:31:509 (4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - 00:37:371 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - 00:41:509 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The overlaps at 00:55:302 (1,2,1,2) - also are hard to read and not suitable for Hards as they are not mapping characteristics that should be included in this difficulty level.

As for ranked maps:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/783427&m=0 The Hard difficulty play like an Insane due to it's high BPM and DS. It's the same like I already said in this spread. Although the DS is not as harsh. The high BPM take this away tho, since its faster paced and requires fast finger tapping again in order to play it properly. Luckily the Easy and Normal balance the spread out a bit in total but the Hard's gameplay is not easy enough to have this difficulty level name on it.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/783429&m=0 The jump between Normal and Hard is, again, too drastic. The Hard has SV and several spacing inconsistencies that are clearly noticeable, whereas the Normal has no SV changes and nicely structured rhythmical patterns that are suitable for this difficulty level. The Normal is perfectly fine here. This needs polishing up as well in order to have a balanced difficulty increase from Normal to Hard.

There are also a lot of other ranked maps that have only minimal changes from Easy to Normal gameplay wise which makes the spread, again, unbalanced and they should be addressed. This is mostly due to the higher BPM and lack of using longer and reversed sliders in Easy difficulties and having those exact same existing mapping characteristics from Easy in the Normal just slightly advanced but almost not mentionable. Some Easys even have more advanced rhythmical pattern placements aside from 1/1 patterns that should be addressed in order to keep the difficulty increase from Easy to Normal balanced. Easys need small red tick breaks between 1/1 patterns as well and not just constant streaks of objects that barely give time to relax for the beginners. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/443751 https://osu.ppy.sh/b/974116&m=0 https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1058683&m=0

I also saw a very unbalanced mapset spreads. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/915125&m=0 https://osu.ppy.sh/s/205107 These maps have no Easy difficulty and are clearly dominated by Hard ones. The rules say that the lowest difficulty has to be 2 stars but with so many higher difficulties this doesn't apply anymore due to the harder difficulties overtaking the spread and making it completely uneven. The Normal is also not easy enough for beginners and is slightly more advanced. The Normal only serves as a filler that fills the gap accordingly to the rules to have the minimum ranking criteria of 1 difficulty that has to be lower than 2 stars in the difficulty, which is really sad, considering the mapset should be balanced and there should be a difficulty for everyone to play, especially for new players that have no experience with more advanced gameplay which makes it unfair to just provide them with mostly endgame difficulties that can't be played by them yet.

I could go on and on and on about this but that is enough for now to address and elaborate on. I wish you will further discuss this topic in the staff before releasing your RC rule draft in the near future and take this into consideration or else the mapset spread will get out of hand and only become more and more unbalanced.

I already said this in my proposal, the base game should be playable by the average player, everything else is endgame and only for experienced players which may break the rules and have more freedom in regards to mapping. The base difficulties Easy - Insane should be playable for average players though. If you don't, I will definitely not accept this disqualification because it is not justified. Only because I have 3 difficulties and it's easier to notice that the mapset spread is unbalanced and it can be "easily" fixed for me, which it wasn't by the way. It's totally not fair to me, because I also put a lot of work and thought into this. Others have the same problem that you addressed here and they are ignored due to the amount of difficulties. It would be too "difficult" to change a mapset spread with 7 difficulties. I know not everyone can check every mapset but the BNs should check this and be strict with it or it will simply not get ranked if the mapset spread lacks balance. This should be a rule and is the most important aspect about getting a mapset ranked. It has to be balanced. Every difficulty in its own and the whole mapset overall should be balanced in regards to SR, difficulty naming and setting AND most importantly gameplay. Only because the difficulty name says it's a Hard, it doesn't mean it is one. I noticed that mostly the gaps between Normal to Hard and Hard to Insane are extremely unbalanced. Even more because Hards are mapped a lot harder than than they should be and almost become Insanes. They have more characteristics from Insanes than from Normals but actually they should have bost characteristics combined in this difficulty. That's the whole point of a Hard - a middle piece between Normal and Insane.

A lot of people think the same but they are too shy to speak up because they think nothing is going to change and are likely to be ignored, which I totally understand and agree with. By the looks of it, if you really do dislike the spreads so much, but don't address it as a rule, then nothing will change. But I really wish that this will change in the near future. There really should be strict rules. This is getting out of hand. :roll:
Irreversible
If you see spreads with flaws, feel free to voice them in the thread itself and report it here.

Any suggestions towards the ranking criteria post here.
Stjpa
And while we are at it, comparing your map to others isn't and will never be a valid argument for anything. That's like allowing tons of memes maps just because a few maps got through the qualified section when they shouldn't have.

(and the rules say that the lowest difficulty only has to be 2* and not 1.7*)

However, good luck for the re-qualify!
CrystilonZ
Did some irc stuff with BounceBabe
Long Log
2016-09-17 21:02 CrystilonZ: anyway to the mod part orz
2016-09-17 21:02 CrystilonZ: i won't mention any 'modern' map stuff btw
2016-09-17 21:02 CrystilonZ: or i will ruin this map orz
2016-09-17 21:02 BounceBabe: xD
2016-09-17 21:02 CrystilonZ: let's start with this o/
2016-09-17 21:02 BounceBabe: already is kinda
2016-09-17 21:02 CrystilonZ: ACTION is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1065711 Kiiara - Feels (Jai Wolf Remix) [Advanced]]
2016-09-17 21:03 CrystilonZ: please don't modernize this ;__;
2016-09-17 21:03 CrystilonZ: it has the charm
2016-09-17 21:03 CrystilonZ: the unique charm that can't be found these days
2016-09-17 21:03 CrystilonZ: oh when you mentioned it
2016-09-17 21:04 CrystilonZ: that part can be pushed a bit
2016-09-17 21:05 CrystilonZ: if you want to 01:36:912 (3) - this can be changed to stream
2016-09-17 21:05 CrystilonZ: I was told by doyak that these 1/4 sliders are very easy to play lol
2016-09-17 21:05 CrystilonZ: maybe too easy for this diff
2016-09-17 21:05 BounceBabe: yes they are ^^
2016-09-17 21:05 BounceBabe: i mean its 135 bpm
2016-09-17 21:06 BounceBabe: unlike other maps that have 170+
2016-09-17 21:06 CrystilonZ: ye
2016-09-17 21:06 CrystilonZ: my map is 160 and it's still easy
2016-09-17 21:06 CrystilonZ: so change this to 1/4 stream if you want to
2016-09-17 21:06 CrystilonZ: it's kinda 'too boring' to have this part be a 1/4 reverse sliders orz
2016-09-17 21:08 BounceBabe: http://puu.sh/reiT0/010fe0c128.jpg
2016-09-17 21:08 CrystilonZ: ooh looks great XD
2016-09-17 21:08 BounceBabe: ^^
2016-09-17 21:09 CrystilonZ: btw did you decrease the AR?
2016-09-17 21:09 BounceBabe: oh wait i cant do that ppl will complain about this being 2,0 01:37:357 (7,8,1) - and this only 1,0 01:38:468 (2,3,4) -
2016-09-17 21:10 CrystilonZ: i was getting to that lol
2016-09-17 21:10 BounceBabe: should i decrease it? imo the AR works fine for the diff
2016-09-17 21:10 CrystilonZ: you should increase it i guess
2016-09-17 21:10 CrystilonZ: somehow
2016-09-17 21:10 CrystilonZ: i get the
2016-09-17 21:10 CrystilonZ: 01:38:468 (2,3,4) -
2016-09-17 21:10 CrystilonZ: this thing here
2016-09-17 21:10 CrystilonZ: all 50s lol
2016-09-17 21:11 BounceBabe: maybe i should make a double and a slider instead
2016-09-17 21:11 CrystilonZ: uh no
2016-09-17 21:11 CrystilonZ: that's worse
2016-09-17 21:11 CrystilonZ: i have a thing in mind
2016-09-17 21:11 CrystilonZ: but i don't know if it's good or not
2016-09-17 21:12 CrystilonZ: 01:39:023 (3) -
2016-09-17 21:12 CrystilonZ: try
2016-09-17 21:12 CrystilonZ: moving this to the right-down side instead
2016-09-17 21:12 CrystilonZ: idk how this works but
2016-09-17 21:13 CrystilonZ: it makes players kinda twist their wrist a bit more so they kinda stand out
2016-09-17 21:13 BounceBabe: would break the flow ye
2016-09-17 21:14 CrystilonZ: not the best but i think it's better i guess
2016-09-17 21:14 BounceBabe: problem is that this is on a blue tick 01:39:023 (3) - so the spacing is even bigger with 2,0
2016-09-17 21:14 BounceBabe: trying to make a triangle but i need to sort the spacing here http://puu.sh/reja8/a3cee99f97.jpg
2016-09-17 21:14 CrystilonZ: lol that looks really rip
2016-09-17 21:15 CrystilonZ: i think
2016-09-17 21:15 CrystilonZ: around 1.2 - 1.5 is fine to make this easier to read
2016-09-17 21:16 CrystilonZ: 280/264 try that spot
2016-09-17 21:16 CrystilonZ: yea much better
2016-09-17 21:16 CrystilonZ: 1.5x is fine~
2016-09-17 21:16 BounceBabe: for 3?
2016-09-17 21:16 CrystilonZ: yep~
2016-09-17 21:17 CrystilonZ: or somewhere
2016-09-17 21:17 CrystilonZ: that makes the spacing between 01:38:468 (2,3,4) - 1.5
2016-09-17 21:18 CrystilonZ: btw what happenned to the custom diff name? QAQ
2016-09-17 21:18 BounceBabe: http://puu.sh/rejlD/d1684340d1.jpg
2016-09-17 21:18 BounceBabe: cant really use a custom one now that the other have different names too
2016-09-17 21:19 BounceBabe: needs to be related
2016-09-17 21:19 CrystilonZ: lol rip i liked that
2016-09-17 21:19 BounceBabe: mh ^^
2016-09-17 21:19 CrystilonZ: looks a bit unbalanced O_O
2016-09-17 21:20 CrystilonZ: oh here's an idea
2016-09-17 21:20 CrystilonZ: point the
2016-09-17 21:20 CrystilonZ: 01:38:468 (2) - that thing
2016-09-17 21:20 CrystilonZ: towards 01:39:579 (1) - 's head
2016-09-17 21:20 CrystilonZ: and put 01:39:023 (3) - else where
2016-09-17 21:20 CrystilonZ: so they kinda rhyme with 01:39:579 (1,2,3,4) -
2016-09-17 21:21 BounceBabe: positioned the triple slider to not break the flow with 01:39:023 (3) -
2016-09-17 21:21 CrystilonZ: oh you want to keep the flow?
2016-09-17 21:21 BounceBabe: yes
2016-09-17 21:21 CrystilonZ: okay that's fine too ><
2016-09-17 21:22 CrystilonZ: 01:46:246 (5,1,2) - this is a mirroring pattern right?
2016-09-17 21:23 BounceBabe: maybe i should decrease the spacing to 1,5 on these too 00:16:468 (1,2) -
2016-09-17 21:23 CrystilonZ: oh yep
2016-09-17 21:23 CrystilonZ: it kinda sticks out
2016-09-17 21:23 CrystilonZ: when you
2016-09-17 21:23 CrystilonZ: decrease the spacing on other stuff
2016-09-17 21:24 BounceBabe: they are sister patterns that intertwine with each other c: 01:46:690 (1,2,3,4) -
2016-09-17 21:24 CrystilonZ: beautiful O_O
2016-09-17 21:25 CrystilonZ: let's see how to polish these a bit more
2016-09-17 21:25 BounceBabe: not sure what works better http://puu.sh/rejDd/c4ddba5b97.jpg this or that http://puu.sh/rejDV/d3848d2559.jpg
2016-09-17 21:25 CrystilonZ: w8 a sec
2016-09-17 21:25 BounceBabe: its with 1,5 now
2016-09-17 21:26 BounceBabe: but having the 2 circle on the right breaks the flow a bit
2016-09-17 21:26 CrystilonZ: hmm
2016-09-17 21:26 CrystilonZ: i think
2016-09-17 21:26 CrystilonZ: stacking circles works better
2016-09-17 21:26 BounceBabe: ye me too
2016-09-17 21:27 BounceBabe: oh wait you mean the two circles stacked?
2016-09-17 21:27 CrystilonZ: yes why? o_o
2016-09-17 21:27 CrystilonZ: they land on the similar vocals
2016-09-17 21:28 CrystilonZ: so they being stacked kinda work
2016-09-17 21:28 BounceBabe: wanted to have a jump with each vocal stop at 00:16:246 - 00:16:468 - 00:16:690 -
2016-09-17 21:29 CrystilonZ: hmm
2016-09-17 21:29 CrystilonZ: both work actually
2016-09-17 21:29 CrystilonZ: it's just how you look at it lol
2016-09-17 21:32 BounceBabe: that makes me change my whole pattern lol
2016-09-17 21:32 CrystilonZ: rip
2016-09-17 21:32 BounceBabe: http://puu.sh/rejYp/b00b918f15.jpg http://puu.sh/rejYM/c8a116e152.jpg
2016-09-17 21:32 BounceBabe: it works tho
2016-09-17 21:33 CrystilonZ: looks great XD
2016-09-17 21:34 BounceBabe: made this 1,5 too http://puu.sh/rek1S/85bdf0648d.jpg
2016-09-17 21:34 CrystilonZ: oh wait
2016-09-17 21:34 CrystilonZ: do you want to change that to 2 circles too?
2016-09-17 21:34 CrystilonZ: just asking, they work fine as they are
2016-09-17 21:35 BounceBabe: not sure, the slider works really well due to the shape of these 00:19:135 (5,2) -
2016-09-17 21:35 CrystilonZ: yes XD
2016-09-17 21:35 CrystilonZ: i'm just asking
2016-09-17 21:35 BounceBabe: http://puu.sh/rek7D/11f852224f.jpg
2016-09-17 21:37 CrystilonZ: http://puu.sh/rekbb/92a1c4a939.jpg
2016-09-17 21:37 CrystilonZ: kinda rip flow but oh well
2016-09-17 21:37 BounceBabe: ye slider works better :p
2016-09-17 21:37 BounceBabe: xD
2016-09-17 21:38 CrystilonZ: 00:39:135 (1,2,3,4) - this pattern can be polished a bit btw
2016-09-17 21:38 CrystilonZ: it's not very noticable tho just so that others don't bring up this to dq again
2016-09-17 21:39 BounceBabe: this is so nazi lol
2016-09-17 21:39 CrystilonZ: lol rip that how things work
2016-09-17 21:39 CrystilonZ: i don't like modding like this much but it needs to be done orz
2016-09-17 21:39 CrystilonZ: just move 00:40:023 (3) - to 225/30 and you're good to go
2016-09-17 21:40 BounceBabe: i only mod spacing inconsistencies that are 0,05+ i dont care about 0,1-3
2016-09-17 21:40 CrystilonZ: no it's about
2016-09-17 21:40 BounceBabe: i mean 0,01-3
2016-09-17 21:40 CrystilonZ: the aesthetic stuff
2016-09-17 21:40 BounceBabe: oh lol
2016-09-17 21:41 CrystilonZ: oh i forgot the spacing
2016-09-17 21:41 CrystilonZ: ahhh
2016-09-17 21:41 CrystilonZ: 00:40:468 (4) - to 295/231
2016-09-17 21:41 CrystilonZ: that should do it
2016-09-17 21:42 CrystilonZ: but you need to move that star yourself lolol
2016-09-17 21:43 CrystilonZ: 00:48:023 (1,2,3,4) - same with these
2016-09-17 21:44 BounceBabe: without breaking the spacing slightly this will be hard to fix
2016-09-17 21:44 CrystilonZ: yeh i'm trying to
2016-09-17 21:45 CrystilonZ: without breaking the spacing
2016-09-17 21:46 CrystilonZ: okay got it
2016-09-17 21:46 CrystilonZ: somehow
2016-09-17 21:46 CrystilonZ: 00:48:468 (2) - 356/310
2016-09-17 21:46 CrystilonZ: 00:48:912 (3) - 476/201
2016-09-17 21:46 CrystilonZ: 00:49:357 (4) - 253/20
2016-09-17 21:46 CrystilonZ: so nazi
2016-09-17 21:46 CrystilonZ: please kill me
2016-09-17 21:46 BounceBabe: xD
2016-09-17 21:47 CrystilonZ: fix 00:50:135 (1,2,3,4) - these yourself and this is also good~
2016-09-17 21:49 BounceBabe: er 253/20 o.o?
2016-09-17 21:49 CrystilonZ: oh no
2016-09-17 21:50 CrystilonZ: 200 i guess?
2016-09-17 21:50 BounceBabe: cant get this perfect lol http://puu.sh/rekPa/87d3d149a5.jpg
2016-09-17 21:51 CrystilonZ: lol rip wait a sec
2016-09-17 21:51 CrystilonZ: okay
2016-09-17 21:52 CrystilonZ: 00:48:912 (3) - 475/197
2016-09-17 21:52 CrystilonZ: 00:49:357 (4) - 251/205
2016-09-17 21:53 CrystilonZ: i just got my glasses earlier today orz
2016-09-17 21:53 CrystilonZ: they didn't help rip
2016-09-17 21:53 BounceBabe: that looks awful xD
2016-09-17 21:53 CrystilonZ: really?
2016-09-17 21:54 CrystilonZ: oh is it because they aren't square?
2016-09-17 21:55 BounceBabe: ill fix it somehow dw xD
2016-09-17 21:55 CrystilonZ: lol rip me
2016-09-17 21:55 CrystilonZ: i think i need they to recalibrate my glasses again lol
2016-09-17 21:56 CrystilonZ: 01:46:690 (1) - this could also be polished actually
2016-09-17 21:56 CrystilonZ: god this is getting very nazi
2016-09-17 21:56 CrystilonZ: oh wait the can't
2016-09-17 21:57 CrystilonZ: i forgot about the spacing again
2016-09-17 21:57 CrystilonZ: i guess that's all for that diff
2016-09-17 21:57 CrystilonZ: :O did you remap
2016-09-17 21:57 CrystilonZ: ACTION is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1067409 Kiiara - Feels (Jai Wolf Remix) [Intermediate]]
2016-09-17 21:58 BounceBabe: kinda remapped
2016-09-17 21:59 CrystilonZ: yep ;w;
2016-09-17 21:59 BounceBabe: added a lot, changed the DS and SV too
2016-09-17 21:59 CrystilonZ: i think i mentioned something about interesting DS
2016-09-17 21:59 CrystilonZ: but it's all gone rip
2016-09-17 21:59 CrystilonZ: say
2016-09-17 21:59 BounceBabe: it was 1,05
2016-09-17 21:59 CrystilonZ: are you serious about consistency?
2016-09-17 21:59 CrystilonZ: ;__;
2016-09-17 22:00 BounceBabe: what consistency?
2016-09-17 22:00 CrystilonZ: stuff like
2016-09-17 22:00 CrystilonZ: 00:15:579 (5) - and 00:20:468 (5) - should have the same DS
2016-09-17 22:00 CrystilonZ: and things like that
2016-09-17 22:01 CrystilonZ: if you don't, i won't mention them
2016-09-17 22:02 CrystilonZ: btw
2016-09-17 22:02 BounceBabe: if you mean the jumps yes lol
2016-09-17 22:02 CrystilonZ: oh okay
2016-09-17 22:02 CrystilonZ: so i will mention them
2016-09-17 22:02 BounceBabe: http://puu.sh/relnm/acbc34f081.jpg
2016-09-17 22:02 BounceBabe: its not a normal if thats what you mean
2016-09-17 22:03 CrystilonZ: it's okay i guess
2016-09-17 22:03 CrystilonZ: but it will be better if
2016-09-17 22:03 CrystilonZ: the form a closed pattern
2016-09-17 22:04 CrystilonZ: like the distance between (4) and (1) is equal to the others
2016-09-17 22:04 CrystilonZ: aesthetically
2016-09-17 22:04 CrystilonZ: they form*
2016-09-17 22:04 CrystilonZ: rip keyboard
2016-09-17 22:07 BounceBabe: im confused lol
2016-09-17 22:07 CrystilonZ: lol
2016-09-17 22:07 CrystilonZ: just update with what you have
2016-09-17 22:08 CrystilonZ: like, now and i will snapshot that
2016-09-17 22:08 CrystilonZ: oh by (4) and (1) i mean the advanced diff btw
2016-09-17 22:09 BounceBabe: oh xD
2016-09-17 22:09 CrystilonZ: oh you have already done it
2016-09-17 22:09 CrystilonZ: nevermind then XDD
2016-09-17 22:10 CrystilonZ: okay continuing on this diff
2016-09-17 22:10 CrystilonZ: ACTION is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1067409 Kiiara - Feels (Jai Wolf Remix) [Intermediate]]
2016-09-17 22:10 CrystilonZ: so it looks like
2016-09-17 22:10 CrystilonZ: 00:19:135 (3) - this should have a jump as well
2016-09-17 22:11 BounceBabe: really like the patterns better with 1,5 on advanced at the beginning now tho. its softer
2016-09-17 22:11 CrystilonZ: yep it's better XD
2016-09-17 22:12 BounceBabe: http://puu.sh/relRp/fb9a5d210d.jpg
2016-09-17 22:13 CrystilonZ: with 2.0x right?
2016-09-17 22:13 CrystilonZ: yep that looks cool
2016-09-17 22:14 CrystilonZ: 00:21:135 (1,2) - and 00:24:912 (1,2,3) - are unbalaced btw
2016-09-17 22:14 CrystilonZ: oops rip highlight 00:21:357 (2) -
2016-09-17 22:14 BounceBabe: not really i always just reversed them lol
2016-09-17 22:14 CrystilonZ: lol
2016-09-17 22:14 CrystilonZ: make sure it's 2.0x
2016-09-17 22:15 CrystilonZ: 00:21:357 (2) - is kinda a reduced form while 00:24:912 (1,2,3) - has a jump
2016-09-17 22:15 CrystilonZ: just remove the jump at 00:25:357 (2) - and it's good
2016-09-17 22:17 BounceBabe: think ill use 2,2 it works better with the patterns and its double of 1,1
2016-09-17 22:18 CrystilonZ: oh
2016-09-17 22:18 CrystilonZ: i didn't notice that
2016-09-17 22:19 CrystilonZ: then change 00:15:579 (5) - to 2.2 too
2016-09-17 22:21 CrystilonZ: r u done? owo
2016-09-17 22:25 BounceBabe: eeeh yes
2016-09-17 22:25 BounceBabe: had to change the slider of 00:15:579 (5) -
2016-09-17 22:25 BounceBabe: to blanket with the previous one
2016-09-17 22:26 BounceBabe: and this is supposed to be the same shape
2016-09-17 22:26 BounceBabe: 00:16:912 (7) -
2016-09-17 22:26 BounceBabe: so had to rearrange everything so the flow doesnt break
2016-09-17 22:26 CrystilonZ: i kinda figured out that you needed to do that lol
2016-09-17 22:26 CrystilonZ: 01:21:801 (1,2) - this is a very unusal gap you know o_o
2016-09-17 22:27 CrystilonZ: well you have always been following the vocals
2016-09-17 22:28 BounceBabe: no i follow both ^^
2016-09-17 22:29 CrystilonZ: okay you have always been following both the vocals and the instruments lol
2016-09-17 22:29 BounceBabe: technically this 01:19:579 (4) - should be here if i was
2016-09-17 22:29 BounceBabe: but here is a drum 01:19:579 -
2016-09-17 22:29 BounceBabe: and the vocal continues too so :p
2016-09-17 22:29 BounceBabe: shouldnt*
2016-09-17 22:30 CrystilonZ: you don't want to extend 01:21:801 (1) - too? owo
2016-09-17 22:30 CrystilonZ: okay then moving on
2016-09-17 22:31 CrystilonZ: 01:38:468 (1,2,1) - this spacing is very hard to read actually
2016-09-17 22:31 CrystilonZ: this is uhhh a...
2016-09-17 22:31 CrystilonZ: normal-hard afterall
2016-09-17 22:31 CrystilonZ: so you should keep things easy to read
2016-09-17 22:32 BounceBabe: yer i figured
2016-09-17 22:32 CrystilonZ: just tell me when you're done with each suggestion >w<
2016-09-17 22:33 CrystilonZ: i don't want to overwhelm you with lots of stuff at once lol
2016-09-17 22:37 BounceBabe: http://puu.sh/ren02/7203432881.jpg not sure
2016-09-17 22:38 CrystilonZ: it's better i guess lol
2016-09-17 22:39 CrystilonZ: 01:54:690 (2) - nazi but that 0.04 is very noticable lol
2016-09-17 22:41 CrystilonZ: btw do you want some nazi stuff about the flow too? OwO
2016-09-17 22:42 BounceBabe: "want" ? xD
2016-09-17 22:43 CrystilonZ: yes lol
2016-09-17 22:43 CrystilonZ: i don't want to mention those stuff much but somehow i'm good at it XDD
2016-09-17 22:43 CrystilonZ: so i will do it only if the mapper wants me to
2016-09-17 22:44 BounceBabe: fine lol
2016-09-17 22:44 CrystilonZ: okay lol
2016-09-17 22:44 CrystilonZ: ACTION is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1067409 Kiiara - Feels (Jai Wolf Remix) [Intermediate]]
2016-09-17 22:44 CrystilonZ: lol rip
2016-09-17 22:44 CrystilonZ: ACTION nazi cannon loaded
2016-09-17 22:46 CrystilonZ: rip connection wait a sec
2016-09-17 22:47 CrystilonZ: 02:08:023 (1,2) -
2016-09-17 22:47 CrystilonZ: http://puu.sh/rensk/8a6d4520f0.jpg
2016-09-17 22:47 CrystilonZ: told you this is going to be nazi
2016-09-17 22:49 CrystilonZ: 01:10:468 (8) - btw this jump shouldn't be here
2016-09-17 22:49 CrystilonZ: well firstly you have never jumped before a downbeat before OwO
2016-09-17 22:51 BounceBabe: vocal is completely different here and the music is changing too, gives a good transition between these musical parts
2016-09-17 22:51 CrystilonZ: oh the transition
2016-09-17 22:51 CrystilonZ: okay then~
2016-09-17 22:52 CrystilonZ: then that should be all i guess
2016-09-17 22:52 CrystilonZ: i peeked at beginner diff
2016-09-17 22:52 CrystilonZ: it's good
2016-09-17 22:52 BounceBabe: http://puu.sh/renKO/277ff1f8c3.jpg 02:07:135 (7,8,1,2) -
2016-09-17 22:52 BounceBabe: changes this anyway now so the jump is 2,2 again
2016-09-17 22:53 CrystilonZ: oh
2016-09-17 22:53 CrystilonZ: i did want to mention the 2.2x jumps stuff to
2016-09-17 22:53 CrystilonZ: but it's kinda too nazi so i didn't lol
2016-09-17 22:53 BounceBabe: :p
2016-09-17 22:53 BounceBabe: is literally just reversed sliders
2016-09-17 22:54 CrystilonZ: well i will mention those now lol
2016-09-17 22:54 CrystilonZ: some arent
2016-09-17 22:54 CrystilonZ: like
2016-09-17 22:54 CrystilonZ: 01:45:801 (7) -
2016-09-17 22:54 BounceBabe: it did this for a long time
2016-09-17 22:54 CrystilonZ: 01:53:801 (1) -
2016-09-17 22:54 BounceBabe: that will ruin the blanket
2016-09-17 22:54 CrystilonZ: you can always move 01:45:357 (6) - instead owo
2016-09-17 22:55 CrystilonZ: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6115838
2016-09-17 22:55 CrystilonZ: like that
2016-09-17 22:55 CrystilonZ: oops i forgot the DS
2016-09-17 22:56 BounceBabe: well i could reverse this one 01:45:801 (7) -
2016-09-17 22:56 CrystilonZ: http://puu.sh/renVl/e8fcb80ab8.jpg
2016-09-17 22:56 CrystilonZ: oh wait it's 2.2x
2016-09-17 22:56 CrystilonZ: rip my life
2016-09-17 22:56 CrystilonZ: that will be harder to fix
2016-09-17 22:57 CrystilonZ: but it's up to you lol
2016-09-17 22:58 CrystilonZ: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6115867 i cheated a bit lololol
2016-09-17 22:58 CrystilonZ: 2.2 now
2016-09-17 22:59 CrystilonZ: http://puu.sh/reo6l/6b4eacb68d.jpg
2016-09-17 23:02 CrystilonZ: that's all~
2016-09-17 23:03 CrystilonZ: do you want me to post on the thread?
2016-09-17 23:03 CrystilonZ: it won't get kds anyway cuz this counts as a recheck
2016-09-17 23:04 BounceBabe: ugh did it differently but ye xD
Topic Starter
BounceBabe
Ok seems like I'm allowed to give kudo because I've changed the mapset.
DaxMasterix
I owe you a mod so.. M4M From my queue :D

Advanced
  1. The AR is so low IMO
  2. 00:22:245 (4) - Move this to x:485 y:229 for a perfect triangle with 00:21:801 (2,3,4) - / And if you don't agree because is the same pattern at 00:21:357 (1,2) - (end slider - circle) just move (3) and (4) to x:419 y:163, to have this
  3. 00:24:912 (1,2,3,4) - You know what to do if you did my last suggestion
  4. 00:28:468 (1,4) - I would preffer them like this, Imo is a better flow, at least the (4)
  5. 00:36:468 (5) - Move this to where 00:35:579 (1) - is , for a better consistency and redeable pattern
  6. 00:45:690 (4) - This can be straight, just move it a little down
  7. 00:52:246 (3) - This circle isn't exactly at the same place of 00:52:912 (5) - (end)
  8. 00:54:912 (5) - This should be in x:74 y:144 (It's actually in x:75, yeah it's a nazi suggestion cause of a straight line with the last slider :P )
  9. 01:05:357 (6,7) - Ctrl+G
  10. 01:08:912 (5) - Imo better like this
  11. 01:28:023 (3) - Ctrl+G
  12. 01:47:135 (2) - Maybe better like this
Intermediate
  1. 00:25:801 (3) - I would preffer this like this, for a btter flow maybe (?
  2. 00:45:579 (5) - This object is unnecesary, remove it and remake the pattern with the next objects
  3. 00:58:690 (2) - Maybe better like this
  4. 01:00:468 (1) - Why not Straight line for avoid overlap
  5. 01:42:246 (6) - IMO much better like this
Beginner:
  1. CS 3 please
  2. 00:22:246 (2) - I cannot understand this slider figure at all, why not use something like
  3. 00:35:579 (1,2,3) - This is hard as fuck for newbies, but it's ok
  4. 00:58:690 (3) - IMO much better like this
  5. 01:12:912 (4) - This for a better flow
  6. 01:36:023 (1,2) - You can remove those objects and add a spinner here (Since you have just 1 spinner here and 6 on the other diffs)
  7. 01:43:135 (1,2,3) - And why not like this
That's all! Sorry for big delay and good luck re ranking!
Topic Starter
BounceBabe

DaxMasterix wrote:

I owe you a mod so.. M4M From my queue :D

Advanced
  1. The AR is so low IMO Next person's gonna say it's too high again :p all perspective
  2. 00:22:245 (4) - Move this to x:485 y:229 for a perfect triangle with 00:21:801 (2,3,4) - / And if you don't agree because is the same pattern at 00:21:357 (1,2) - (end slider - circle) just move (3) and (4) to x:419 y:163, to have this Fixed
  3. 00:36:468 (5) - Move this to where 00:35:579 (1) - is , for a better consistency and redeable pattern Ye I'm having problems with that too. Maybe it's because of the combo colour idk. I hope its better
  4. 00:45:690 (4) - This can be straight, just move it a little down Lol 00:45:357 (3,4,5) - this is supposed to curve around the previous slider 00:44:912 (2) -
  5. 00:52:246 (3) - This circle isn't exactly at the same place of 00:52:912 (5) - (end) Fixed
  6. 00:54:912 (5) - This should be in x:74 y:144 (It's actually in x:75, yeah it's a nazi suggestion cause of a straight line with the last slider :P ) Fixed xD
  7. 01:05:357 (6,7) - Ctrl+G That would ruin my intention for this pattern. 01:05:579 (7,1) - I want these to have a jump between each other. If i reverse them the flow might be better but it would break my pattern
  8. 01:28:023 (3) - Ctrl+G I want them to "move out" after this slider 01:27:135 (1) -
  9. 01:47:135 (2) - Maybe better like this01:46:246 (5,1,2,3,4) - These are sister patterns lol They intertwine. If I do that the pattern that I tried to make is broken.
Intermediate
  1. 00:45:579 (5) - This object is unnecesary, remove it and remake the pattern with the next objects Ok
Beginner:
  1. CS 3 please Ok
  2. 00:35:579 (1,2,3) - This is hard as fuck for newbies, but it's ok Had something harder than that before tbh. Sliders are easier to play and they suit the rhythm here,
  3. 01:36:023 (1,2) - You can remove those objects and add a spinner here (Since you have just 1 spinner here and 6 on the other diffs)Added 2 new spinners at the beginning and removed some objects.
That's all! Sorry for big delay and good luck re ranking!
[*] As for everything else suggested that I deleted: I always curve out slider instead of curving them in. It's one of my mapping characteristics. I used this even more on this mapset I supposed. Adds a bit more variety. Mostly it isn't hard to play too because there are only small cursor redirections so it's alright to keep them like this. It doesn't hurt the flow and transition much. It also emphasises the vocals better. Thanks for the mod!
DeRandom Otaku
[Advanced]
  1. 00:21:801 (2,3,4) - 00:25:356 (2,3,4) - Dax already said about this but these triangles are still not perfect enough
  2. 00:42:023 (5,1) - Well this small overlap is bad but whateves
  3. 01:04:690 - aa there is a pretty clear vocal that should be mapped ,idk why u skipped it tho
  4. 01:06:246 (2) - could move this a bit lower to like y:92 so that the vertical distance between 01:06:246 (2,4) - and 01:05:801 (1,4) - would be exactly the same
  5. 01:11:801 (3) - Maybe move this single or 2 pixels down for better blankie zzz
  6. 01:13:357 (3,6) - This blanket is pretty baaad , fix
  7. 01:29:579 (3) - its pretty clear that the slider end supports a loud vocal/sound so it should rather be clickable
  8. 01:48:801 (1,2) - ok this pattern is kinda misleading since u used these stack visuals for 1/2's previously and now its suddenly 3/4 which can be misread easily while playing
  9. 01:54:246 (2,3) - This overlap is bad also zzz
  10. 01:55:135 (4,1) - Blankieee
  11. 02:16:468 (3,1) - ^^
  12. 02:08:023 (1,2,3,4,5) - 02:11:579 (1,2,3,4,5) - The spacing between these is kinda high tbh since because in the intro u used an easier rhythm as well as smaller spacing for the same exact sounds in the song , eg 00:21:357 (1,2,3,4) -
[Intermediate]
  1. 00:21:357 (2) - so uhmm why arent the vocals here mapped while 00:24:912 (1,2,3) - these are mapped? using a long slider 00:21:357 (2) - doesnt really represent all those vocals very well
  2. 01:00:468 (1,2) - this overlap kinda sucks also ;n;
  3. 01:42:023 (5,6) - ^^^^ ~ overlapping these a bit more would look neater
  4. 01:57:135 (6,1) - This blankie is bad also
  5. 02:12:468 - add break lo
    i m not kinda sure about those Ctrl g'd patterns here really because spread wise this was supposed to be a normal-like difficulty and those ctrl g patterns can be more than pain for newbies
[Beginner]
  1. 00:32:023 (1,2) - aa dont make them overlap , they look so ugly like that x-x-x-x-x
  2. 00:41:801 (4) - y:330? to be on perfectly right side of 00:40:912 (3) -
  3. 01:06:690 (5) - how about move it to y:186 so that the movement between 01:05:801 (3,4,5) - will be perfectly linear
  4. 02:05:357 (2,4) - bad blankie again
    The patterns and rhythm u used in this difficulty is way more simpler and easier than Intermediate ... u might need to nerf intermediate or make beginner harder later i guess
gl
Topic Starter
BounceBabe

DeRandom Otaku wrote:

[Advanced]
  1. 00:21:801 (2,3,4) - 00:25:356 (2,3,4) - Dax already said about this but these triangles are still not perfect enough Geez 00:21:801 (2,4) - these are stacking with 00:21:357 (1,3) - xD thought its obvious
  2. 00:42:023 (5,1) - Well this small overlap is bad but whateves Best readable solution for it not to lose spacing
  3. 01:04:690 - aa there is a pretty clear vocal that should be mapped ,idk why u skipped it tho Already explained this in a previous mod
  4. 01:06:246 (2) - could move this a bit lower to like y:92 so that the vertical distance between 01:06:246 (2,4) - and 01:05:801 (1,4) - would be exactly the same Moved it a bit lower
  5. 01:11:801 (3) - Maybe move this single or 2 pixels down for better blankie zzz k
  6. 01:13:357 (3,6) - This blanket is pretty baaad , fix Explained this also in a previous mod
  7. 01:29:579 (3) - its pretty clear that the slider end supports a loud vocal/sound so it should rather be clickable But I'm not following the vocals lol
  8. 01:48:801 (1,2) - ok this pattern is kinda misleading since u used these stack visuals for 1/2's previously and now its suddenly 3/4 which can be misread easily while playing Tried to fix this issue many times. Without breaking the spacing here I cant fix this.
  9. 01:54:246 (2,3) - This overlap is bad also zzz Personal preference ^^ I like it
  10. 01:55:135 (4,1) - Blankieee 01:54:690 (3,4) - It's an arch. Fixed it anyway
  11. 02:16:468 (3,1) - ^^
  12. 02:08:023 (1,2,3,4,5) - 02:11:579 (1,2,3,4,5) - The spacing between these is kinda high tbh since because in the intro u used an easier rhythm as well as smaller spacing for the same exact sounds in the song , eg 00:21:357 (1,2,3,4) - Don't want to use the same thing again tho lol The star is nice
[Intermediate]
  1. 00:21:357 (2) - so uhmm why arent the vocals here mapped while 00:24:912 (1,2,3) - these are mapped? using a long slider 00:21:357 (2) - doesnt really represent all those vocals very well But the drums :^) and i wanted to create a nice concluding pattern before the spinner with this 00:20:468 (5,1,2) - and another long slider is boring here 00:24:912 (1,2,3) -
  2. 01:00:468 (1,2) - this overlap kinda sucks also ;n; Explained in previous mod reply
  3. 01:42:023 (5,6) - ^^^^ ~ overlapping these a bit more would look neater I disagree
  4. 01:57:135 (6,1) - This blankie is bad also [/color]
  5. 02:12:468 - add break lo k
    i m not kinda sure about those Ctrl g'd patterns here really because spread wise this was supposed to be a normal-like difficulty and those ctrl g patterns can be more than pain for newbies Well, it's not a newbie difficulty anymore due to all the changes I had to make to fix the spread :^)
[Beginner]
  1. 00:32:023 (1,2) - aa dont make them overlap , they look so ugly like that x-x-x-x-x k
  2. 00:41:801 (4) - y:330? to be on perfectly right side of 00:40:912 (3) - did smth
  3. 01:06:690 (5) - how about move it to y:186 so that the movement between 01:05:801 (3,4,5) - will be perfectly linear k
  4. 02:05:357 (2,4) - bad blankie again k
    The patterns and rhythm u used in this difficulty is way more simpler and easier than Intermediate ... u might need to nerf intermediate or make beginner harder later i guess It's supposed to be Beginner, not anything harder than that.
gl
Nazi much .-. ty anyway

Also decrease OD in Beginner and Intermediate
show more