osu! Alumni
2,763 posts
Mako Sakata wrote:
About the name I found it funny lol, more like a joke group instead a serious one :p

It's definitely not a joke. We, the United Beat-Knights of Ranking Criteria, are going through a stage in our lifes where we think of ourselves to be special, different from the masses of ordinary mappers. We might go as far as seeing ourselves capable of wielding mystical powers, or maybe even believe ourselves to have descended from a fantasy realm. This is why we felt the second rename was absolutely necessary.
Rhythm Incarnate
683 posts
heroic theme song pls someone
pishi can sing
Rhythm Incarnate
966 posts
Maakkeli wrote:
heroic theme song pls someone
pishi can sing

may I suggest

Knights of the Round Circle
Rhythm Incarnate
1,563 posts
About difficulty level naming, I vote for some alternatives could be used with no worries. (Amendments on our 'Constitution' would be acepted, too.)

e.g.:

Easy → Soft

Some insist "Soft" is no valid -- even though Soft, like Easy, tells us right and strongly which difficulty level a diff is and, thus, making it a really good and valid alternative. It's like those people claiming that the Earth is flat and stationary.
Rhythm Incarnate
513 posts
Desperate-kun wrote:
Mako Sakata wrote:
About the name I found it funny lol, more like a joke group instead a serious one :p

It's definitely not a joke. We, the United Beat-Knights of Ranking Criteria, are going through a stage in our lifes where we think of ourselves to be special, different from the masses of ordinary mappers. We might go as far as seeing ourselves capable of wielding mystical powers, or maybe even believe ourselves to have descended from a fantasy realm. This is why we felt the second rename was absolutely necessary.

I feel like I'm reading something that was written by a 12 year old. It doesn't even roll off the tongue, it's so clunky to say, I think you need to hire someone on your team to come up with an actual good name.
Quality Assurance Team
3,907 posts
Alarido wrote:
About difficulty level naming, I vote for some alternatives could be used with no worries. (Amendments on our 'Constitution' would be acepted, too.)

e.g.:

Easy → Soft

Some insist "Soft" is no valid -- even though Soft, like Easy, tells us right and strongly which difficulty level a diff is and, thus, making it a really good and valid alternative. It's like those people claiming that the Earth is flat and stationary.

Glossary lists the most commonly used diffnames, stuff like Intermediate, Soft etc are not in because they're not frequently used as substitutes for difficulty names. The rule that any diffname goes as long as they clearly describe the difficulty didn't really disappear from the general RC so this doesn't have much effect to begin with.

Hydria wrote:
I feel like I'm reading something that was written by a 12 year old. It doesn't even roll off the tongue, it's so clunky to say, I think you need to hire someone on your team to come up with an actual good name.

Idk how to say this but that's the point. The actual reason for this is on this thread: p/5441403 onwards
Quality Assurance Team
3,907 posts
Hi!

We decided to cut the general Ranking Criteria rework into multiple parts because there are experts for a few niche areas, which are:

Expect drafts for these subcategories of the general Ranking Criteria posted here~
Quality Assurance Team
3,907 posts
Just an heads up, I'm trying to get the same thing rolling for the skinning section, but basically hit a brickwall after finding Wafu and Chaoslitz being familiar with the topic.

If you know stuff about rules and how skinning works (pref beatmap specific skinning) pm me please
Reply 83 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6