forum

[skinning] A couple of requests (5 now)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Derekku
Or maybe even on a per-map basis? Another checkbox added to song setup shouldn't hurt anything. *hides*
LuigiHann
Per-map would be mostly unnecessary, because if it's just for one song you could cut the mp3.

Per-skin makes the most sense because some skins have music on the results screen. For instance, the taiko skin has the taiko victory music play in the background after you pass a map. That overlaps with the continuing mp3 and sounds a bit icky sometimes.
Derekku
The default results screen music sometimes sounds a bit "icky" with a continuing mp3 too, which is why I suggested per-map, but I suppose that per-skin would be easier (and make more sense).
anonymous_old

LuigiHann wrote:

Per-map would be mostly unnecessary, because if it's just for one song you could cut the mp3.
I disagree. Again, some difficulties are shorter than others, and you'd have to have multiple audio files to fade-out each difficulty.

LuigiHann wrote:

Per-skin makes the most sense because some skins have music on the results screen. For instance, the taiko skin has the taiko victory music play in the background after you pass a map. That overlaps with the continuing mp3 and sounds a bit icky sometimes.
The skin I use has a clap MP3 and I still enjoy the music continuing.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

LuigiHann wrote:

The skin I use has a clap MP3 and I still enjoy the music continuing.[/quote]

Example: Try this with a song which plays at the results screen.

Download: applause.mp3
anonymous_old
Normal applause don't have (doesn't have?) music.
LuigiHann

strager wrote:

That's why you would toggle the option off in your skin...
anonymous_old

LuigiHann wrote:

strager wrote:

That's why you would toggle the option off in your skin...
You're right.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
*cough*
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
*cough cough*
Jeffro
+1

I support oh yes I dooohooo
Beuchi
+1!

I agree with this. There are some skins (most of them based on videogames) that have a musical applause.mp3, so it sounds weird (I noticed it because I'm trying to make one xD).
-David
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Dragvon
Since this topic is about Skin.ini, i would like to add something:

Add a special prefix for taiko sounds. Like "taiko-whistle" that would allow normal skins to be playable even in taiko mode.

And yes, support and bump :D
LuigiHann
Just curious

Why do you start a post with

Dragvon wrote:

And then make a request that is completely unrelated to skin.ini
Dragvon

LuigiHann wrote:

Just curious

Why do you start a post with

Dragvon wrote:

And then make a request that is completely unrelated to skin.ini
I mean, to work like font.
[Fonts]
//The prefix will be used for the png files corresponding to the font. With a prefix of default, you would create pngs for default-0.png default-1.png etc.
HitCirclePrefix: default
//Overlap is number of pixels each character is allowed to overlap the last.
HitCircleOverlap: 3

//Score fonts can be drawn differently to hitcircles. If you only want to use one font, you can set this to the same prefix as your hitcircle font.
ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: 3

Could also apply to ctb sounds.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
So yeah. Bump cause I made another addition to the thread.

Request #3: Option to make comboburst.png's correspond with comboburst.wav/mp3

e.g. comboburst1.wav plays with comboburst1.png, comboburst2.wav plays with comboburst2.png, etc.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Another addition made. Then again, there isn't much support anymore so I guess this'll be the last one I make.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
I changed my mind. I'd at least like some feedback in regard to request #4.

*whistles*
LuigiHann
Animated playfield? No way. Image is too huge, even a short animation could hinder performance
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Even for something as inconsequential as the results screen? Pardon my naivety, but wouldn't the performance drop be similar to, say, a Storyboard object?