forum

Give Mapper Ranking bonus for maps in Monthly Charts.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
Pretty self-explanatory, I think users' mapper rankings should increase for every map of theirs that gets into the Monthly Charts. This would add an aspect of quality to the mapper ranking calculations, something that star rating doesn't accurately convey.

Also, a column that shows how many maps each user has in the Monthly Charts would be nice too.
Real1
I agree!
It would add some spice to the broken mapper ranking!
I hope we get points for those maps that has been in montly charts already, cause I have had that.
Shohei Ohtani
Or maybe we can add a tab in the Mapper Ranking section to see how many maps a mapper has gotten into the monthly charts.
Kitsunemimi
I agree with this too!! But it's a little confusing how it should be implemented into the mapper rankings.
Derekku
Sounds like a great idea to give more variable to the ranking.
Topic Starter
0_o

CDFA wrote:

Or maybe we can add a tab in the Mapper Ranking section to see how many maps a mapper has gotten into the monthly charts.
I actually thought of this as I was on my way to check this thread :P Adding to the OP.
Mashley
+support ;)
Gens
Yes, it sounds like a great idea~
KRZY
On an off note,

how are maps selected for the monthly chart?
Topic Starter
0_o

DJ KRZY wrote:

On an off note,

BATs decide (with MAT input)
Sakura
I agree, if your map is in the monthly charts means that is of good quality, this should of course add to the mapper's ranking. However i do see a bad side to this is that the fewer maps you have the less chances of one of your maps being in the monthly charts specially for people that take forever to get their maps ranked. I will stay neutral on this
Dangaard
If there was an objective way to pick the chart maps, I would possibly support this. But under current circumstances I don't believe this will turn out fair. Charts are just a mirror of what MATs/BATs like. In the end charts are decided by only some very few members so I doubt this reflects the general opinion best.
James

DJ KRZY wrote:

On an off note,

from what i can see...

"i like this map lets put it to monthly charts"

yup. its just personal..
Topic Starter
0_o
bump

And regarding "the charts are subjective": a map getting into the charts is a much more reliable sign of quality than user ratings are. Sure the system isn't perfect, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.
qlum
support even though I've never even looked at the charts.
this may also help restore the balance in genres because the chance of getting in the monthly charts is a lot higher when you don't map j-anime crap.
RandomJibberish

qlum wrote:

the chance of getting in the monthly charts is a lot higher when you don't map j-anime crap.
That isn't true. It's just it's easier to get bad maps with Touhou/Anime/J-pop ranked because the songs are popular and get high priority. You don't have a disadvantage getting into the charts if you make a good anime map.