forum

Muzzy - Timberwolf

posted
Total Posts
show more
Monstrata
[Wilderness]
  1. 00:43:788 (7,1,2) - This spacing is rather confusing for me. I would place 1 further up the screen so its more clear 7>1 is 1/1 and 1>2 is 1/2.
  2. 02:29:365 - Not going to map this?
  3. 05:29:537 (1) - I don't relaly like how you use this slider lol. It's too early imo. The track is still really upbeat and fast when this slider plays, but its a slow slider, so it just feels kinda awkward for me. What you do for 05:32:794 (1) - is a lot better because the track has died down.
The name strobing in Kiai is a possible epilepsy trigger. Anything that pulses under 1 second intervals can be considered a trigger so it's best to enable epilepsy warning. Yea, it's really small but there's nothing to lose in having it enabled imo...

Okay that's all. Call me back when you're finished replying/fixing/whatever.
Topic Starter
Secretpipe

Monstrata wrote:

[Wilderness]
  1. 00:43:788 (7,1,2) - This spacing is rather confusing for me. I would place 1 further up the screen so its more clear 7>1 is 1/1 and 1>2 is 1/2. Definitely right!
  2. 02:29:365 - Not going to map this? In that part I just wanted to emphasize the piano ! Adding a slider at 02:29:194 - would be weirdo!
  3. 05:29:537 (1) - I don't relaly like how you use this slider lol. It's too early imo. The track is still really upbeat and fast when this slider plays, but its a slow slider, so it just feels kinda awkward for me. What you do for 05:32:794 (1) - is a lot better because the track has died down. Emphasizing the flute was so important for me though!In the end of the map there's also pattenrs like this : The guitar samples are followed (06:06:737 (1,2,3,4) - ) even if the song was really upbeat at that part! So I guess I wanna keep that to be consistent with 01:28:166 (1) -
The name strobing in Kiai is a possible epilepsy trigger. Anything that pulses under 1 second intervals can be considered a trigger so it's best to enable epilepsy warning. Yea, it's really small but there's nothing to lose in having it enabled imo... You're right! Added!

Okay that's all. Call me back when you're finished replying/fixing/whatever.
Thanks a lot Janna! :D
Monstrata
HAPPY NEW YEAR
CONGRATZ ITS A GIRL
Okoratu
Are you ok
Topic Starter
Secretpipe
JUST MY IDEA

WOOO I KNEW IT'D BE A GIRL
Liiraye
I've never been a mom b4
DeletedUser_4329079
Congrats! can I hold her?
Bara-
Gratzzzz
grumd
This is a great map with insanely well-made hitsounding, but the hitsounds actually turned out to be a little problem here.

We have this drum-hitnormal21.wav which is used once at 04:49:765 -
It has an inaudible beginning and it fades in:

Ranking Criteria says this:
Hitsounds must have an acceptable range of delay under 5ms, unless there's a special purpose. Every hitsound file should start in time, preferrably at 0ms. This is to ensure that every map doesn't sound mistimed, and therefore could provide acceptably synchronized rhythm feedback to players.
Indeed it can be called a special purpose, but actually the problem in this particular hitobject is that it doesn't have any other sound except the fade-in thing. You replaced the hitnormal with this sound, which makes this clickable slider start absolutely inaudible. It would be perfectly fine if you had an audible hitnormal and the fade-in sound was an addition to it.

The same thing happened to 03:22:680 - (normal-hitnormal33.wav)

The other problem, which directly refers to the aforementioned RC rule is soft-hitfinish.wav. It has a close-to-silent delay of around 15ms, which is unrankable. You should edit this file and cut the beginning.
E: Invalid point.
Topic Starter
Secretpipe
Waiting for a QAT to DQ!
Kurokami
And here it comes.
Nerova Riuz GX
WHAT IS THIS?

grumd wrote:

This is a great map with insanely well-made hitsounding, but the hitsounds actually turned out to be a little problem here.

We have this drum-hitnormal21.wav which is used once at 04:49:765 -
It has an inaudible beginning and it fades out:

Ranking Criteria says this:
Hitsounds must have an acceptable range of delay under 5ms, unless there's a special purpose. Every hitsound file should start in time, preferrably at 0ms. This is to ensure that every map doesn't sound mistimed, and therefore could provide acceptably synchronized rhythm feedback to players.
Indeed it can be called a special purpose, but actually the problem in this particular hitobject is that it doesn't have any other sound except the fade-in thing. You replaced the hitnormal with this sound, which makes this clickable slider start absolutely inaudible. It would be perfectly fine if you had an audible hitnormal and the fade-in sound was an addition to it.

The same thing happened to 03:22:680 - (normal-hitnormal33.wav)
I agree with these two. They are inaudible at the beginning, and if these are the problem that cause dq, I will be totally fine with that.
in the next update I'll fix these things.

BUT, about the last thing, which is the only one that I cannot agree with:

grumd wrote:

The other problem, which directly refers to the aforementioned RC rule is soft-hitfinish.wav. It has a close-to-silent delay of around 15ms, which is unrankable. You should edit this file and cut the beginning.
let me put a picture here first:

There are two samples, the first one is the original soft-hitfinish.wav, and the second one is the one which got cut at the beginning.

you can see that they have a huge difference between them, but it's also quite strange because:
They are not totally the same thing because you just cut the echoes.
obviously everyone knows the hitsound is working like a clock sound, but if you cut the beginning, it will sound like just a plain geek hihat.
so anyway, you can't say that should be cut because "the part is barely audible". It has its own functional purpose.

also here's a proof, that the hitsound has already been used on a ranked map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/291285
there are some of them but i cant remember them all.
grumd
Saying "something is okay because it was ranked previously" is not right, rules change, mistakes are being done, we should only consider current rules and issues.

You are totally right about the second one, the sound is very much different. soft-hitfinish.wav should not be modified.
Even if you delete the second half, you'll hear the majority of the sound, so it's basically starting not 15ms later, it's starting from the very beginning, it's just that the wav file for some reason looks weird.

Still the first points about the fade-in sounds remain valid, so we can fix it and soon requalify this!
Waiting for your update.
Zexous
what a workhorse secrettupaipu
Topic Starter
Secretpipe
Everythin' has been fixed!

Thank you once again grumdy ♥

Let's summon BNs to rank Endgame 2!
grumd

Secretpipe wrote:

Thank you once again grumdy ♥
kd pls :c

and yeah summon somebody to rerank this faster, it took longer than it should have
Topic Starter
Secretpipe
I can't give one but I'll call a QAT :')
Nozhomi
Removed old osb file and one unused hitsound.

#1 again
Topic Starter
Secretpipe
Let's fuckin go!
meii18
I forgot to give the bubble #2 :o .Also I rechecked the map (mostly the snapping). I think it's good to go #2
Battle
Gotta get requal fastttt
grumd
yessss
Helyana

jub wrote:

I swear to god I love your song choice like a white girl loves Starbucks
Monstrata
Muzzy - Timberduck
Topic Starter
Secretpipe
ergfdklsq,sdfg;nds,fgdesxcfvnbx w,s;vj fd,;cfvgnfd,;fkjnhgf,d;fn

Endgame 2 done!

Let's do Endgame 3
Okoratu
Half the thread is rebubbles congrats
Topic Starter
Secretpipe

Okorin wrote:

Half the thread is rebubbles congrats
Click the circles they said
Haruto
Grats pipe! yey more big jumps xD
Sotarks
Félicitations, prends cette baguette en guise de récompense.

Topic Starter
Secretpipe
o cimer!
Zerss
Totally ranked, gratz~! \o
Topic Starter
Secretpipe
Thanks a lot mate!
Bara-
Gratzzzz!
[D i r e]
Holy