forum

P*Light - Poppin' Shower

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kernaus
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on mardi 12 avril 2016 at 22:58:57

Artist: P*Light
Title: Poppin' Shower
Source: BMS
Tags: p*light beatmania bms of fighter 2011 happy hardcore
BPM: 175
Filesize: 1908kb
Play Time: 01:49
Difficulties Available:
  1. Another (4,88 stars, 452 notes)
  2. Hard (3,52 stars, 103 notes)
  3. Hyper (4,09 stars, 358 notes)
Download: P*Light - Poppin' Shower
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
WIP, first difficulty done, looking for feedbacks.
Hyper diff finished, looking for feedbacks too.
Hard diff under construction
GDs welcome
First attempt at standard mapping B O I S

pls graveyardu
Mercusheigan
Hi, from my modding queue

Just some words before I start because I do think it's valid to say so.

If this is truly yours first attempt with std mapping, give more time to yourself get used to it. Patterning and flow are stuff hard to learn and will start making sense a bit as you keep trying to make some more maps.

There's a part in a song that you like? Oh, go and try to map that out. Will take 30 minutes at best and you'll have tried something new, yours interpretation of the song. Things like that can help you even more than a mod from the modding queues because, in reality, there's no "fixing stuff" and it's more likely suggesting stuff. If we can't find the commom ground, how can we suggest anything?

You can also check charles445's guide on the osu!academy (I think it was made by him and ztrot only but I could be wrong) to learn more about more stuff that goes around mapping.

Check the beatmaps of mappers that you like, in the editor. Try to find the logic behind the way they map stuff and why do you like it, thus helping you find how you would like your maps to look.

I'm not really going to go into a deep look at your map and will try to help as I can.

This is debatable but IMO, don't go to modding queues IF your mapset isn't near finished and/or is seriously looking to polish itself for rank. (That's my opinion on this matter, feel free to call me a jerk or smth lol)

General

>Disable grid snap when mapping

>(Another) One of the ways to NC your map is to do so on the big white thicks, called hypermeasures. So, knowing this, 00:01:509 (7) - would be a NC and so on

>(Another) Stuff like this 00:16:252 (6) - will rarely end on the big white tick, as they usually mark a new "section" coming up. So it should end on the blue tick and a hitcircle added to the hypermeasure. Also, this sound mapped is not always mapped in the song, and they should, for the sake of consistency (eg 00:20:366 (3) - )

> Use more inherits points to change the hitsound volume of a section. This will help the player to notice the different section and make the player FEEL the difference, too

> (Another) There are some holes in the song that you didn't map and I think the probably should as in 00:42:330 - But thats more than the others my own opinion

> (Another) 01:15:566 - There's a strong beat here that isn't mapped. Use lower playrates as 25% or 50% to help you track them down

> (Another) 01:48:823 (1) - This probably should start on the previous red tick (but still end in the same place)[/spoilerbox]

Hyper

AR 9 is not good for hyper/light insanes, IMO. turn it down to 8 or 8,5.
HP 7 is the same as in Another, and should be reduced to 6 or 5.5
You are also using the same Slider Velocity (SV) on both hyper and another, and that's not how a difficulty spread should look like (also unrankable but eh)

And here you start the spinner too soon lol

Hard

AR should be somewhere from 7 to 8, IMO (I personally like the 7,5-7,7 range)
OD should go down to 6
HP to 4.5 or 5
SV is also the same from previous diffs

I picked most examples from another because they are easier to see. Hope this helped you.

My intention is not to bash anyone, sorry if it sounded like it, but some stuff will surely help you improve alot if you do want to map stuff :)

Cheers~