forum

Mafia in Hoenn Region - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura
Oh btw Navi, if you need any help with your upick let me know.
Drezi
Amianki: Design around massclaims D1.
Drezi: Whynot here D1?
Amianki: GIF setup cannot be broken.
Drezi: Oh ok.

Drezi: Whynot now, though considering we have farto eating NK prolly anyway, and a fair share of claims/softs having been outed already? Please explain if I'm wrong.
Amianki: I don't feel comfortable, don't ask me, you're scum.
Drezi: I think you are...
Sakura

Drezi wrote:

Drezi: Whynot now, though considering we have farto eating NK prolly anyway, and a fair share of claims/softs having been outed already? Please explain if I'm wrong.
Did the bolded really happen i don't remember it.
Drezi
Along the course of several posts.

I condensed it in an exaggerated way to get my point and thought process across.
Sakura
could you link me to the post where it happened? I think you might be misinterpreting something but i could be wrong.
Drezi
p/4363129 starts from here until halfway through next page.
Drezi
p/4364057 + p/4364557 this two and three pages ahead.
Sakura
Yeah i read up until the vote.

re: fartownik shouldn't claim - fartownik as confirmed town should be the only person that shouldn't claim at all unless he has info on scum, if he doesn't then there's no need to claim, for all scum knows he could've been a VT and wasted a kill on him because he was town, or have a powerful role and scum let him live because conf town with wrong reads, conf town doesnt always mean they'll die next night, but usually at some point along the line, in this case fartownik being 1-shot BP AND having wrong reads would ensured him living for a while if he had claimed unless scum wasted their strongman on him which i doubt they'd resort to if he had wrong reads.

There's never any real interest for town to know what roles the town has unless it can catch scum, the info at hand wasn't enough to require a massclaim at that point in time because all 3 scum were still living, and there was potential deadly roles for scum like Frostings.

Speaking of... Frostings, never claim being roleblocked if you're town unless your role is already outed, it doesnt help town catch scum because you have no info and you get a big Target mark on your back.
Sakura
Tbf, the way you were asking for the massclaim did look more like scum trying to get information than town figuring out amianki's alignment.
Sakura
Also a mistake i see people make all the time is assume that confirmed town are going to die next night. This isn't always the case, and also depends on the way they are confirmed. A confirmed town with wrong reads isn't an immediate threat to scum, although it obviously means they'll never get lynched so scum will eventually have to kill them.
Sakura
On another note, the cop role is OP as fuck, and you should always expect scum to have a counter to it in balanced setups, not necessarily a god father, but there could've been a redirector that caused a scan to target the wrong person. In a normal circumstance a cop says you're guilty and you're done for, there's no arguing nor claiming miller out of it.
Drezi
I thought scum not killing confirmed town because of claims wouldn't be too bad, and claims would've allowed safer hider checks + doctor was already dead anyway. I was also under the assumption that we all have roles on the weaker side (my own, tess being roleblocker) to avoid problems with scum vs town getting them.
Sakura
Also I hate godfather and i'll always hate it, i always consider it a bastard role.

Related Story
I was once in a touhou upick game and i was a JOAT and one of my abilities was a cop, i used the cop ability on a scum godfather and that costed town the win to some extent, its not like town did too well in scumhunting anyway but still there could've been a scum lynch, after that game, the mod never used godfather again with the wise words "Godfather punishes good Town PR play"
Drezi

fartownik wrote:

Couldn't you have motivated me knowing I had a used-up Bulletproof (it wasn't used-up, but it was implied from the lack of the nightkill n2) to bring it back and possibly save a confirmed Town's life?
My role said the target gets an extra ACTION the following night, I didn't think it works on passive BP?
Topic Starter
Navizel
afaik it doesn't work on BP

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Motivator it also says here unless I misunderstood something again
Amianki

Drezi wrote:

Just FYI, I don't think I've ever been the one to suggest a massclaim as either alignment before. If I did, it was only one or two games out of the dozens I've played.

Also, just because massclaim D1 can potentially break the game doesn't mean that it will break the game. I know GIF has enough experience modding to avoid the major traps of how it could break the game, so the chances of it being beneficial to town is virtually nil.
GuyInFreezer

Sakura wrote:

Oh yeah, i actually forgot about the fact that Navizel said that roles were made before alignments, that meant that godfather gave scum an auto win button.
Please dont ever do that, that'd be grounds for voiding wins on MS.
????

Since when?

Also I allowed godfather because town was too OP in the first place and I didn't wanted to totally destroy navi's setup goal.
And you should know by now that I don't consider godfather as bastard :P
GuyInFreezer

fartownik wrote:

Navizel wrote:

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/nVyx8FcaGrH
I'm pretty GiF actually THOUGHT you mean '1-shot Strongman' as in a factional kill-modifier, not a Vigilante. I think you misunderstood that role completely.
^
GuyInFreezer
Fwiw I tried really hard to get rid of poisoner/vig without ruining the setup
Drezi

Navizel wrote:

Drezi wrote:

@mod: can we know if roles were assigned after alignments or not?
Roles were assigned before alignments. Roles cannot be used to determine alignment.
GuyInFreezer
Oh also navizel
next time give your reviewers access to mod PT.
it's a good practice in general and stuff like the strongman issue would've been averted easily.