forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
EneT
Dark Souls is pretty easy don't worry.
< Souls Fanboy.

That download speed though is agonising.
-sev

Yoeri wrote:

No sleep until Brian posts
B-but I need sleep
Yoeri

IppE wrote:

no sleep, just agony
I hope you have a good controller and an insanely powerful PC
EneT
Yeah PC controls for Dark Souls is pretty shit.
Zelda
I don't think "shit" accurately describes how bad those controls are.
EneT
The main problem is that you can't even properly do the kick or the forward R2 properly with PC controls.
B1rd
The Dark Souls is the mast half-arsed port you could imagine. Not worth your time. If you want a good RPG try one of the Elder Scrolls games.
Zelda

B1rd wrote:

If you want a good RPG try one of the Elder Scrolls games

B1rd wrote:

good RPG

B1rd wrote:

Elder Scrolls games
Oh
Blue Stig
It feels like demon dark souls has turned into the bad apple of video games.

You should play La-Mulana instead.
EneT
But... I like dark Souls. :C
Blue Stig
I like bad Apple however it's still bad Apple
Granger
obligatory

And i just realized that that song is from Alstroemeria Records, no wonder why i like it
Blue Stig
I feel like this page should be a bad apple page now

Yuudachi-kun
Bad apple is overdone like Un Owen
Yoeri
You'll be overdone once I'm done with you
Yuudachi-kun

Yoeri wrote:

You'll be overdone once I'm done with you
o-ok
Blue Stig
It feels to me like Un Owen is less overdone now since focus has been on other stuff

EneT
You like being dominated don't you?
Trash Boat

Granger wrote:

can i haz sleep
Of course Hermione, sleep all the time you need

/me runs

silmarilen wrote:

yeah but i have a collab avatar with you and enet doesnt so you have to listen to me
Actually thats not true. I do have a collab with Sonatora and Shellghost but that doesnt mean I own them. Its more like companionship.
Yuudachi-kun

EneT wrote:

You like being dominated don't you?
yes
Shellghost
I'm here to publicly denounce Trash for thinking that just having an avatar from the same source is a collab and announce that I have nothing to do with him.
silmarilen
who the hell are you
Yuudachi-kun
Another OT user who hasn't played the game in ages yet is still here.
Birdy
lern2take a joke nub
IppE

Yoeri wrote:

IppE wrote:

no sleep, just agony
I hope you have a good controller and an insanely powerful PC
PS3 controller suffices.

It runs okay-ish (30fps usually, randomly dips to 24fps because :reasons:) at 1920x1080 with dsfix so ech.

And now after the first 3 hours and a few dozen deaths, I quite like it.
EneT
If you really do get into the game and get an interest for the actual story I'd recommend you watch some lore videos in youtube. It may not seem like it but the developers really do put a lot of effort into the lore through the use of vague hints such as item descriptions, enemy/item placements, the environment etc.
You'd be surprised. They don't spoon feed you the story, they instead choose to make you search for it which is something I like from souls games.
IppE
I'm fairly familiar with how the lore and shit is in bloodborne so one would assume the game that really got trough in the west would be no different in that regard.

Though for the starters I did spend more time trying to learn the mechanics than reading item descriptions.
EneT
The combat is a lot slower than Bloodborne but I consider it to be harder. Bloodborne is the easiest out of all the souls games. There are a couple things that I have to criticize about Dark Souls though. Some parts feel like they were rushed during development, most notably the area before the Bed of Chaos boss fight; some of the textures are shoddy and some parts don't even have textures at all. Also you might get extreme fps loss in an infamous area known as Blighttown. That coupled with the poisonous enemies makes that area cancer.
Trash Boat

Shellghost wrote:

I'm here to publicly denounce Trash for thinking that just having an avatar from the same source is a collab and announce that I have nothing to do with him.
SHERUGHOST, TEMEE!!
IppE

EneT wrote:

The combat is a lot slower than Bloodborne but I consider it to be harder. Bloodborne is the easiest out of all the souls games.
I never actually played bloodborne, just watched it being played (I watch grep to pass time, sue me).
silmarilen
good thing brian hasnt posted a saber yet, now i got to wish someone a happy birthday at their midnight
Bweh

EneT wrote:

The combat is a lot slower than Bloodborne but I consider it to be harder. Bloodborne is the easiest out of all the souls games. There are a couple things that I have to criticize about Dark Souls though. Some parts feel like they were rushed during development, most notably the area before the Bed of Chaos boss fight; some of the textures are shoddy and some parts don't even have textures at all. Also you might get extreme fps loss in an infamous area known as Blighttown. That coupled with the poisonous enemies makes that area cancer.
Fuck blighttown in the ass. Worst place ever. Especially that fucking one-way broken ass tree root thing you have to jump to when you're ten billion feet high that pretty much leaves you no choice but to die because who the hell would guess that you actually can't make the jump back.

Only thing worse than that were the archers in Anor fucking Londo

On that note, do we have a teamspeak or something to that effect?
Aurani
Why the fuck is everyone complaining about those archers. They're the cutest things ever. IMO I had a harder fucking time adjusting to the shitty-ass piss PC controls at the start of the game, than actually avoiding those projectiles.
Bweh
They're easy to kill when you're not on some skinny gothic-styled arches that would otherwise stop you from falling to your doom.
Aurani
It's actually interesting to see that you've played the game. I thought you weren't all that much into games.
Bweh
I love games but college doesn't let me lose myself in games like I used to.
Aurani
It's simple shoco - just drop the social life completely and devote your life to doing things in 5 rooms, one of which is playing games for hours.

Wait, don't do it, lest you want to end up like me.
Bweh
I like my social life
Aurani
Social life is for weaklings.

You know you need those stats, mate.
Yuudachi-kun
Current year posting
show more