forum

Spread Evaluation Team

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_dog

NOT ACTIVE - COMING SOON™

The Spread Evaluation and Difficulty Assessment Team (SET) is here to make mappers and players lives easier by focusing on the spread and difficulty of a mapset.

What is SET?
Applying
Frequently Asked Questions
Topic Starter
_dog

What is SET?

The Spread Evaluation and Difficulty Assessment Team (SET) is here to make mappers and players lives easier by focusing on the spread and difficulty of a mapset.

The Goals

Provide Support for Mappers
SET cares about the mapper and what they want to do and does not force any decisions on to them. We leave that up to the BNs and QAT. We give suggestions on ways to improve the mappers spread in the easiest way possible without damaging the quality of the map. We also aren’t here to normalize difficulties by making them play the same. Our calculations are open to multiple styles by not weighting opinionated difficulty raising aspects of a map differently. During the bubbling stages of a map SET will assess your map and provide a banner to be placed on your map showing the difficulty ratings provided by SET.
Aid the BNs and QAT
As some of you may know the QAT does not strictly use SR as a way to assess spread quality. We hope to provide aid to the QAT by being responsible for Spread and Difficulty so the QAT can focus on other aspects. SET uses its own way of calculating score through both Human and computer based assessment to provide the most accurate Star Rating possible. The upcoming AiSET tool will help analyze beatmaps for us, and, through a certain set of global procedures decided by the team, help us provide a score.
Refine the Current Difficulty Ratings
Star Rating has proven to be an unfair assessment to tell what a player can or can not play. We provide a standard score and raw score so all styles of players can quickly get what they want. Each SET assessed map will also be added to a database for you to find maps in your range.
Topic Starter
_dog
reserved
Send a forum PM to _dog for any questions on applying or talk in-game. We need help with programming, Mania, CtB, and Taiko aid.
Actual applications come later.
Topic Starter
_dog
reserved
Send a forum PM to _dog for any questions on how we run.
hehe
buce 1 iom
Sellenite
null for reducing qats' job
Owntrolf
I dont think spread really matters

Great way of restricting more mappers though
Topic Starter
_dog

Owntrolf wrote:

I dont think spread really matters

Great way of restricting more mappers though
Please read the thread fully before posting.
Our system doesn't restrict anything, in fact it actually benefits the mappers more.
pkk
sikh
Liiraye
what is spread
Arphimigon

Liiraye wrote:

what is spread
Shmiklak
Mod please t/354631
Rilene
Could you check my diffs spread please? (osu!mania)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/312902

I hope I request it at the correct place.