forum

Beatmap Morgue

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
mm201
This request is for an area for beatmaps, halfway towards the Graveyard but not quite.

Mappers, themselves (or at least the BAT), can move their maps here, and any time a map gets nuked it is immediately sent here. Maps in the Morgue continue to occupy upload slots. Once a map has spent 30 days in here, it is automatically sent to the graveyard REGARDLESS of its activity.

This should solve 3 problems:
1. Terrible maps cluttering up Pending (provided that BATs start using nukes again)
2. Maps never reaching the graveyard despite abandonment because others keep bumping the topics
3. Mappers bypassing the upload limit penalty for abandoning a map by getting peppy to grave them
anonymous_old
Can the mapper bring a map out of the morge himself? I would hope so, and if that is the case, I support this idea (without too much thought so far but ...).
Topic Starter
mm201
I'm thinking yes unless it's also been assigned a nuke.
Shohei Ohtani
Just a question. Upon moving your map to the morgue, will it reset the 30 day waiting period for your map to get graved?

Such as, if I make a map, and I realize after a week of inactivity, that I don't want to really work on it, can I move it to the morgue and expect it to be graved in 3 weeks, or would it reset the timer therefore making me have to wait 4 weeks instead of 3 weeks.
Topic Starter
mm201
These are all technicalities the implementer should worry about / use best judgement.

No, I don't think it's right for the counter to reset. In fact, as is, if you move a map between Help/Pending but don't check Bump, it's counter remains as is.
RandomJibberish
Sounds like a good idea. Support.
Sakura
I do agree, except that Nuking should be reserved for pending maps only, as WIP/Help mas well they are there because they need help and if the mapper is newbie enough he should be sending it to WIP/Help instead of Pending anyways, it would be mean to someone that's new to mapping and has no idea of what they are doing to get their map Nuked. And some people forget about maps after popping bubbles i can imagine BATs never checking nukes to see if they can be removed.
Ekaru
With the way the system's set up, a BAT should *never* be playing a nukeable map.

If a nukeable map gets to at least 8 SP then something is seriously, seriously, seriously wrong. Either the mapper's a serious kudosu troll or a bunch of retards modded it and went, "there is nothing wrong with a POS, star!"

I support this idea BTW.
Mashley
+support as long as they don't stay in the pending section of my profile >_<
Derekku
A new spot for CDFA's maps? ++auto support

jkjk

But really, more nukes and less clutter in Pending? Sure. Also, #2 could be solved with viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27668 but it doesn't matter, I suppose.
Topic Starter
mm201

Ekaru wrote:

With the way the system's set up, a BAT should *never* be playing a nukeable map.
I guess going along with this request would be to allow BATs to nuke (or classic star) maps without any priority. It takes a matter of seconds to identify a map as nuke-worthy, so all in all, it saves time sparing other modders from having to even look at them.

Perhaps also allow MATs to use nukes?
anonymous_old

MetalMario201 wrote:

Perhaps also allow MATs to use nukes?
Nuclear war.