forum

[resolved] can't update or connect to bancho

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ohrami
now that those stupid fucking coins is over maybe i can get a real answer to my problem
http://puu.sh/gZBBn.png
Nathanael
This year's April Fools is... XD
Anyway, the server is running fine and I can normally connect. It could be on your side.
Topic Starter
Ohrami
it's been going for days, myfrend why would this happen
VeilStar
This is the 5th thread about being unable to connect to osu! servers today. What is even going on?

VeilStar wrote:

Try the following;
  1. Close osu!.
  2. Open the 'windows firewall with advanced security'. (Search for "firewall" or get to it trough the control panel.)
  3. Go to 'Inbound Rules' and click on 'New Rule...'.
  4. Program -> Browse to the osu!.exe file -> Allow the connection > Select all.
  5. Do the same for 'Outbound Rules'.
  6. Reboot your router.
  7. See if it works.
If not do the following;
  1. Open the command promt (cmd.exe).
  2. Type "ping irc.ppy.sh" and press enter.
  3. Wait till it finishes and see if there are any time-outs.
(If there were time-outs it's likely a routing issue, and neither us nor you can do anything about it. Contact your ISP.)
Wingman626

VeilStar wrote:

This is the 5th thread about being unable to connect to osu! servers today. What is even going on?
the last two days where the same. people were stating how to game client was the only thing that couldn't connect but every other thing was fine (even their firewalls and anti-virus weren't the cause except for one thread. strangely enough, this all seems to have started when the "Osu!Coin" april fools update was released).

-------------------------

have a look at t/316166 if you go through the above settings and end up fruitless.

in that thread, i listed how to reset your IP address. i think OP in that thread didn't understand what i was talking about. (i don't know if that could be the issue, but 'you could' try a new IP address and see if that will help).
Topic Starter
Ohrami
nothing works
Kyonko Hizara
Is this the problem where the updater is looping?
Topic Starter
Ohrami
im getting really annoyed that i can't submit all these scores that i'm impressed of myself by (fc 6+ star maps, sure it's not impressive for many players but still i think it's good)

thank you osu coins for all these blessings
VeilStar
All I can say in addition to what I posted previously;

-Close down any and all programs or background processes that aren't required to run
-Try it on a different PC on the same connection, and on the same PC but on a different connection.

Saying 'nothing works' isn't going to solve the issue either. Narrow down the issue.
Topic Starter
Ohrami
can anyone pls help me fix this shit before I have to copy all my shit just to reinstall the game
abraker
Duplicates, duplicates everywhere @.@ Dear devs, WTF IS GOING ON?!?

Anyway, I replied to the other thread
TheVileOne
Appears to be resolved. Don't really know what osu!coins had to do with updating the game. It wasn't any different than any other update.