Tokichii wrote:

top 16 seeds will be ranked by pp while the rest are randomised ;c
So I might have a chance to make it past the first round :D
Icyteru
joining
Aloha
Didn't miss it, thanks to happyjon.
Riesu
Change of mind, I'll take part in this. What's the worst that could happen apart from being obliterated?
Hulmy
Cheeze-senpai notice me.
Kraminka
I'm gonna get trashed but I'll have a crack anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
californiabones
let we have fun guys !!! ^^ㅗ
Rewben2
That tournament bracket linked isn't finalized is it? It's screwed up. It's matched the highest pp players against the lowest pp players.
Melt3dCheeze

Rewben2 wrote:

That tournament bracket linked isn't finalized is it? It's screwed up. It's matched the highest pp players against the lowest pp players.
That's the point? All the high ranked players verse each other at the end?
blahpy

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

That's the point? All the high ranked players verse each other at the end?
Yeah I feel like this makes it more interesting to watch the later matches/finals as it should be
EmeraldStar82
The top 16 players have been matched with the bottom 16 players and then the other 32 players have had their opponents randomized
Rewben2
Riesu
inb4 I go 0-7....
Tachibana Rika

[ Jibby ] wrote:

inb4 I go 0-7....
Jibby for #1 in au
Riesu

Tachibana Rika wrote:

[ Jibby ] wrote:

inb4 I go 0-7....
Jibby for #1 in au
I wish! oh man, I dream every night about that~

I also think that best out of 7 is a bit much, considering it's removing the lowest players. I know I'm going to get my ass handed to me, but didn't realise it was going to be this much of a slaughter/beat down.
Totoki

[ Jibby ] wrote:

I wish! oh man, I dream every night about that~

I also think that best out of 7 is a bit much, considering it's removing the lowest players. I know I'm going to get my ass handed to me, but didn't realise it was going to be this much of a slaughter/beat down.
best of 7 = first to 4 wins, you can't go 0-7
Riesu
Ah okay, then, let's make that: inb4 0-4. T-T
Hulmy

[ Jibby ] wrote:

Ah okay, then, let's make that: inb4 0-4. T-T
At least act like you have a chance.
Riesu
Practising like crazy so that I do! ;) Just need to work on my streams, should be good.
Oinari-sama
Good luck all! :)
Topic Starter
Happyjon

Rewben2 wrote:

I guess so, seeding some of the top players is good for this reason. idk about 16 but eh.

It says in the initial post that the top 16 will be seeded and the rest randomized, yet people after the top 16 are still being placed against the lowest ranked people. I didn't check through every name but it was consistent with the ones I did check. I'm not bothered by the system, I just think there may be a mistake because it specifically says players will be randomized.

^Also in reply to above post
Apologies, I must have forgotten to amend that rule. This time, the games will be seeded with traditional seeding by pp. The skill level of the majority of participants this year is reasonably close, as you can see from the graph below, and I don't think randomizing the lower 48 players should make too much of a difference this time.

Illkryn
B-]
Almost

I really hope to see the 2 boxes of Aus fight it out!!
Bauxe
#TeamJibby
#JibbyWillGo4-0
Riesu
Living the dream~ :D Thanks Bauxe!

Hopefully all this practise will pay off for when I face off against Timmy!
I just need to keep my nervousness under control for when the day comes...
Jks

This is going to be hard but fun. Looking forward to it
EmeraldStar82

ez winz ez lyfe... 4-0 hype!
Jks

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

ez winz ez lyfe... 4-0 hype!
I believe in you brother
Topic Starter
Happyjon
The map pool for round 1 has been released. Match schedules will be released tomorrow evening.
B1rd
Great map pool ar8 hidden, I can use this
AstralPhnx
Pretty sure insane techniques can't be downloaded anymore after the konami bemani music takedown
kasaski

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Pretty sure insane techniques can't be downloaded anymore after the konami bemani music takedown
just download the map pack provided by jon.
Tachibana Rika
or bloodcat
Aloha

B1rd wrote:

Great map pool ar8 hidden, I can use this
ar8, hidden, slow bpm, streams, whyyyy
EmeraldStar82
A cool thing someone could do is record everyone's individual score on every song that's played then make a spreadsheet for each song with a list of scores that each person got.

If you don't get what I mean here's an example:

Map 1:
Top player xxxxx
Random guy xxxxx
etc.

Map 2:
More people xxxxxx

etc. etc.
vawlt
I'd like to say, Being paired with shortpotato, IF there is no losers bracket, i'd like to pull out, if there IS a losers bracket. I'll stay in this tournament.
blahpy

Tachibana Rika wrote:

or bloodcat
^

vawlt wrote:

I'd like to say, Being paired with shortpotato, IF there is no losers bracket, i'd like to pull out, if there IS a losers bracket. I'll stay in this tournament.
wow rude shortpotato is cutest oneesama nz

if people do drop out before the first round like they do in most tournaments though i know someone who wants to join but found out too late so hit me up if you need someone
Dumii

Happyjon wrote:

Each player may only pick one map from each pool, nomod excluded. Eg. Player 1 picks a HD map, he may no longer pick from the HD pool again, but player 2 will still have the option to use a HD map until he uses it.
well fuck rip hard game pls tell me this applies for nomod too
Topic Starter
Happyjon

vawlt wrote:

Sure, I'll take you out.

blahpy wrote:

if people do drop out before the first round like they do in most tournaments though i know someone who wants to join but found out too late so hit me up if you need someone
That's fine, they can join provided they're willing to play the matches of the person who dropped out. I'm not redoing the seeding at this point. Just get them to send me a message with their availability.
blahpy

Dumii wrote:

well fuck rip hard game pls tell me this applies for nomod too

Happyjon wrote:

Each player may only pick one map from each pool, nomod excluded.
show more