forum

Email sent to account when you're "Dethroned"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zetta
I got an email from Audiosurf the other day telling me someone had beaten my worldwide score on a song and thought "This would be awesome if it was on osu"

Now, I don't have many #1 spots on scoreboards, i think the most I have is 1 but I would like to fight for that top spot if ever someone would take it away from me.

There could also be a email sent whenever you're knocked off of the top 40 (Or maybe 50 in the future yes yes maybe yes?) scoreboard so you can regain your rightful place there? :>
Lybydose
oh god I'd get so much spam. I'd hope for at least some sort of opt-out if this were ever implemented.
peppy
There's already a notice in your profile. I guess opt-in emails could be added?
Kitsunemimi
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12793

Yet another duplicate?
NoHitter
Option to designate which beatmaps that we'll be notified of in case of the situation mentioned in the first post?
Gabi
that is not a duplicate..... this is about being notified by email when you lose a #1 spot on a map. the other ones are being able to see which you are already #1 on in your profile or history.

and agreed with lyby
Derekku
I'd rather that there was a listing of recent dethrones (possibly tied to the #1's in profile request) as has been suggested in other related requests than more e-mail spam. :<
peppy
There already is...
Derekku
If one plays a bunch of songs without checking their history all the while, it would be easy to miss a dethrone notice that snuck in. :?
mm201
Emails would get far too annoying for me. Forum or chat PMs are the way to go.

The only problem with Current Activity is that items get bumped off of it, sometimes before you read them.
RemmyX25
lol cyclone
Neo Adonis
We

Lybydose wrote:

oh god I'd get so much spam.
All depends of the situation. If you're a player with too many 1st places, missing a "dethrone" could be a daily situation (at least, frecuent), and you'll get lots of mails. If you have one or two 1st places, though, it could be useful.

Whatever, I'd rather preffer receiving PM's notifying me the "Dethroned" places. Although I think the best is let the user choice that (a optional feature).

Well, I support this ^^.
Topic Starter
Zetta

peppy wrote:

There's already a notice in your profile. I guess opt-in emails could be added?
I know about the profile notice but I don't check my profile every day, I check it every few weeks or so. Of course there would also be an "opt out" option for the people who have about 1000 #1 spots or people who just don't generally mind.
anonymous_old

MetalMario201 wrote:

Emails would get far too annoying for me. Forum or chat PMs are the way to go.
I was thinking forum PM's myself.
Cyclone

peppy wrote:

There already is...
H-Hey!

peppy is picking on me. :(
-David
a
anonymous_old

Davidz123 wrote:

via Forum PM : Don't you get a notification in your email as well?
You can disable this.
vytalibus
I guess this will be a feature that only a handful would find useful. It's more geared towards players that actually want to be in the top 40 of every single map. Not that I'm hating the feature. I'm not going to be thrilled with this kind of addition, but it's also not a bad idea.
FurukawaPan
I don't have a problem with e-mail or forum PM. I filter my e-mail by tags, and I'm sure this e-mail would have some sort of tag in the subject line for me to sort it by, even if I have to use "lost first place" as the tag :P

IRC PM seems useless since you'll probably be logged out when you lose a #1.