forum

Beatmap Merging, Various Creator and stuff.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
LordRaika
Osu~ ^^/

Idea :
Especially in the future...
Is to merge all SAME ranked beatmap with same title into 1 list..., for example we have 6 ranked " Tamura Yukari - Fantastic future (TV Size) "

instead of downloading them one by one, why not merge them into 1 List here...
it will shows Various Creator, and when it clicks.... it will display a list of 6 ranked map on ranked page ( the page where we have a top 50 leaderboard , so yes those new page will have whooping total dif of this 6 ranked map ) and when its download, we have all 6 of them.

Inside osu song selection in the future, it will merge all same title song, the creator name of course goes different according to their respective creator
like this screenshot : ( Notice the creator and stuff )
i'm sure you know what i mean by now...
and please don't question me about that screenshot on how i make it, IT'S JUST an illustration on this idea... thank you~

Benefit :
* so in the future, if there will be another same title is ranked, it should be packed or listed all together with all ranked version.
( if u guys need someone to organize beatmap, or managing this... i can help while taking responsible on my own idea. )
* Hope this helps as well for MBC#7 idea... on how the beatmap will goes.... like 1 song 1 beatmap with 12 dif merge into 1 selection like in Screenshot.
-WinnerA's Insane
-WinnerB's Oni
-WinnerC's Rain
-WinnerD's MX
while showing their respective creator or stuff....

so yes, in the future if there are same title beatmap, it will be merged with ranked version, so next people who download it will have all ranked version as well... how bout the person who have the old ranked version while we have new ranked one? maybe add a function to "Detect and download available additional version" with osu!direct or what, (even its limited to osu!supporter) as long as it works and the way you guys see it fitting...

That's all...
FEEL free to reject something that doesn't seems logic and give me your full honest opinion, i don't mind if this idea is not implemented.
i am just pouring my ideas here.... ^^ thanks~
Tristan97
I have actually been thinking about this for a while and think it's a great idea

It would likely make the process of submitting maps easier and give people the chance to flush out spreads appropriately in situations like certain mania maps.
drum drum
Isn't this the same thing as beatmap packing?
Topic Starter
LordRaika

Tristan97 wrote:

I have actually been thinking about this for a while and think it's a great idea

It would likely make the process of submitting maps easier and give people the chance to flush out spreads appropriately in situations like certain mania maps.
Thanks ^^

drum drum wrote:

Isn't this the same thing as beatmap packing?
Close, but its not...
Since they are going to treat all same title into 1 instead of another one which might confuse....
Who's version we should download????

In this idea, 1 title with any ranked map will be downloaded at the same time, also... In game
Song selection will merge them into one, but still shows the proper creator ^^
deadbeat
i feel like we'd need this first t/115773
Topic Starter
LordRaika

deadbeat wrote:

i feel like we'd need this first t/115773
that one ofc will be useful...
but the point is... we have looots of ranked song with same title...

erhem, like popular song from Accel World, Touhou, SAO, and so on....
im sure most ppl will choose 1 , and download the one with highest download...
which is.... ..... .....