forum

sakuzyo - Neurotoxin

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rumia-
Quality Aji Team

Aleks719 wrote:

Since we were not satisfied with the turnout of this set, we can not let it move forward as it is. It is your responsibility to now fix the concerns listed above and find modders and BATs to help you getting this to Qualified again. We always recommend you to receive further revision by the modding community before pushing this for Qualified again.
you should really discussed with the mapper or atleast to a part of a community before making any stupid decision though . selling stupid on a post is only making you look like a douche. does all QAT have shitty pride because they had power to unrank maps ? seriously you guys lack a thing called multiple perspective. blah blah unnecessary unranks everywhere.

and then you call bat to rank again ? you know there are lot of maps that are still in queue . while you guys only checks the qualify which is 8/day and that is all mode together.

fraud behaviour of me ? how about you.
kyuten
What the hell is Quality Assurance Team???
牢门啊,怎么各种诈尸
CSY the corrupt
牢门啊
Ephoenix
Amazing
Sharlo
牢门啊
Jenny
Just by 2ct since I saw this map come up in #modhelp.

Pure black and white combo colours (255,255,255 in your case) are forbidden.
Why? There's no white flashes or spots in the map that would blend with the color so readability is no concern (plus, as if you would have to consider that for the majority of people who just use 100% dim and disable custom colors to begin with), so I wouldn't know what the motivation behidn this is exactly.

01:41:705 (2) - head and tail of slider cover all sliderticks. They are only one way to determine your slowdown.
Multiple indicators why this is not a problem whatsoever:

1. The previous slider has already slowed down
  2. the song has no indication to change speed any further as this is the most calm part in the entire thing and it's perfectly natural to have this speed here in the first place
  3. it's part of the same combo so why would you treat it differently from the slider before, which if anything at all, should be the one you would be concerned about (I have also yet to see anyone have problems with catching it or seing it as unfit)

01:10:205 (1,2,3,4,5) - that's look wrong. What's a point to confuse players with spacing? i can understand sliders or streams, but you have many doubles and it's confusing.
While I think that the notepairings in the music are not strong enough to justify an angle like this (would much rather have it like this), it's no big problem whatsoever; sure it's not perfect and I gave an alternative version to make it better, but it has already been done near-perfectly the combo before this one, so just pointing at the second occurance of anything is not making this look like a professionally considered and discussed unrank, really.

02:03:538 (1) - well, it's rankable, but look ugly. Symmetrical overlapping can be good, but not this one.

^looks fairly accurate to me to be honest, and your personal preference for slidershaping is of no matter to unranks - if you're going to put out a full mod and go through everything thoroughly and entirely sure, bring it up, but in this context.. really?

I feel like you are focussing way too heavy on individual objects and objects alone, picking out just one or two seemingly random examples at all and not even giving any reasoned argument that has a basis within the song, which is what should be your highest and foremost priority unless the map is becoming entirely unplayable (and even then one might argue that it's not mapped to appeal to everyone but rather those who are of a similar belief for what goes with the music as the mapper is - just because a map gets bubbled or ranked that doesn't mean it has to cater to everyone or the largest audience possible) - and even if that was the case, as long as the difficulty spread is large enough, having an extremely hard and "unplayable" peak difficulty could still be reasoned enough due to the rest of the difficulties catering to enough of a player base to justify ranking it anyways (which is not the case here, but anyways).

What should be of your concern would be patterns like this 00:35:038 (1,1,2) - simply because they don't accentuate and follow the musical patterning and beat distribution well enough (-> soundpattern of three equally strong beats of the same kind, therefore should be equally accentuated and not mapped as "one note plus one closely spaced pair with a new combo"), but seing how you do not do this I am wondering what exactly it is you are unranking by; sounds extremely offensive reading back on it, but I seriously don't see it, so feel free to clear me up.
Zare
Also, afaik the white combo color rule has been abandoned ages ago.
I remember it being there when i started mapping, which was roughly 2 years ago but at some point it got deleted/changed. (Maybe the default skin change? idk really)
Anyway it's not a reason for a disqualification since there's basically nothing wrong with it.

The thing in the Hyper with the reverse is a decent point, that would actually fit better, however I can imagine that for the sake of readability and playablity (keep in mind it's a lowdiff), this was done on purpose to not load too much on the player.
Natteke desu
Calm down a bit guys, please.
Some suggestions here
[Another]
00:51:038 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - well it seems like music grows here, so you could emphasis it better with increasing spacing, like that :

^ Just wanted to show what i had in mind (talking not about pattern but about the way how you can increase spacings)
00:54:705 (3,4) - things about emphasing again. Yea, i can see that you lowered spacing between them but, what's about increasing spacing between 00:54:538 (2) - and (3)? It'll help with emphasing that "sounds" in music immo
00:57:371 (3) - what's about replacing that slider by circles and making a jump? (once again, suggesting it because of emphasing and blahblahblah)
01:41:705 (2) - honestly i don't see any problems with this slider, but well, you could make this slider looking like that :
it's almost the same with previous one, but all tics is visible now
01:40:371 (1) - RC says : "Do not manually edit anything in an .osu file that cannot be changed through the Editor. The only exceptions are .osu-specific storyboards and skin-related options such as SliderBorder and SliderTrackOverride."
Sadly but true, anyway we've need some QAT's opinions about that, because personally i have no troubles here, and found that SV fitting with moment
< seems it's fine but consider 01:44:371 (4) - this one please (except 01:44:371 (4) - this slider, it's just feels like it should be faster because of stuff in music)
02:06:371 (9) - consider adding NC here, because music actually changing here and with NC you could emphase it better.
02:28:371 (1) - this start of spinner feels a bit better for me

[Hyper]
00:15:538 (2,3,4) - SONAZI well, could you increase spacing here a bit? It's looks kinda inconsistent with your previous triplets, also move 00:15:538 (2,3,4) - it a bit higher to avoid that messy overlap (00:15:038 (1,4) - )
00:16:871 (6,7) - well, it's playable (uncomfortable but playable) but i didn't see any reason for making that, because there no changes in music for that. Honestly, i'd use some kicksliders here
00:20:705 (2,3) - i don't see any reason for making a jump here, consider moving (3) to x: 142 y: 212
00:38:371 (1) - consider removing repite here and making this kind of rhytm here :
Why? Because of that boom sound on the downbeat. It's minor, yes, but it will be just feel much better and fun to play if you make it clickable
01:22:955 (10,1,2,3) - make spacing consistent because it looks kinda messy
01:24:038 (4) - again stuff about downbeats
02:06:705 (1) - use NC to mark 1/6s
02:20:705 (2,3) - same with 00:20:705 (2,3)
02:28:371 (1) - same with another

[Hard]
00:28:205 (4) - it feels much better without this note, consider removing it and stacking both sliders
00:51:371 (2,3,4) - whistles will sound much better if you add them on every red tic here
00:57:538 - it sounds like missing note for me
01:12:371 (1) - these repites do not fit immo, consider making two 1/1 sliders here (well maybe it's too subjective, tho)
02:28:371 (1) - same with hyper and another

[Standard]
00:38:371 (4) - the things about downbeats from hyper
01:00:371 (1) - well, it plays odd, consider replacing it by two 1/1 sliders
01:39:871 (1) - and again downbeats

Rest seems fine.
Also don't forget about combocolors which i suggested in IRC
-GN
The rule that says pure black and white combo colors are unrankable does not exist in the Standard Ranking Criteria, and in the case that it should be an unwritten rule it can't be used to justify an unrank on it's own since it is not written down.

I'd also like to say that the QAT members responsible for unqualifying this should be much less hasty to unrank on shallow reasons like these.
Colin Hou
先分锅啊
Natteke desu
nodramaplz
Aleks719
i see a lot of attention, especially from chinese community.

So, for you, my dear chinese commentators:
1. if you want to tell me something use PM.
2. if you want to tell me something use English.
3. the most commented phrase IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME, it's just a template. will be used for ALL unqualified maps. are you gonna comment every map in this way? i feel sorry you have nothing else to do.

All post is a filled template. i don't accept any complaints from this side.
RED lines are unrankable.
other lines are suggestions only. they can be left as is, so they are not a reason for unrank, just additional comments. in next time read carefully.

About red lines.
Pure and white combo colours are unrankable. That's a rule. Why it is not in RC? oh god, this rule goes from old 2008 or 2009.
Should we mention all rules like "don't put objects out of screen", "don't make 300 hitburst look like 100" etc
These two colours are not allowed as combo. Just take it as is. I don't say it's mapper's guilt, mapper can come at 2014 and never heard about it before. That's guilt of modders and especially BATs. they know it, they have to know.

About mentioned slider with covered sliderticks.
They are covered.
You can say: maaaan, it's not a hard pattern.
Answer: still.
You can say: maaaan, it's a slowdown.
Answer: after slowdown there is pretty fast 1.75x slider.
You can say: maaaan, this slider in another combo.
Answer: i'd never trust to the mapper who leaves tricky patterns, especially after that nonsense pattern which looks like doubles, but in reality it's 1/4. Or this 1.75x after slowdown? playable, but is it expected? not sure. Covered ticks for slowdown is a really bad idea.

And another thing: QATs are not your enemies. We write about missed mistakes and we have a week for it. Look at qualified maps as on beta-test game. They are available to play, but can be changed.
Sagisawa-Yukari
所以说我大天朝还是好好沉迷萌二屙屎和电子竞技圈吧,呵呵
Ulysses

Aleks wrote:

Pure and white combo colours are unrankable. That's a rule. Why it is not in RC? oh god, this rule goes from old 2008 or 2009.
Should we mention all rules like "don't put objects out of screen", "don't make 300 hitburst look like 100" etc
Let's see if there any rules related to what you mentioned.

Hitbursts must be clearly distinguishable from each other (e.g. 300/100). The best way to ensure this is to use a different color for each hitburst. Otherwise, the player won't know if they're hitting beats accurately.
Hitbursts must be clearly distinguishable from each other (e.g. 300/100). The best way to ensure this is to use a different color for each hitburst. Otherwise, the player won't know if they're hitting beats accurately.
Yes,pure and white combo colours WAS unrankable but now that rule WAS REMOVED ,therefore it is NOW unavilable to use and should not be an excuse to disqualify a map.
HentaiTei
老门啊
Card N'FoRcE

Aleks719 wrote:

No, there's never been a rule like that. I'm from 2007 so i know that pretty well.
There was a general consensus, which came in late 2010, that very bright and very dark colors are bad to use, but you have to take into account a few things. First of all, again, the white color is used to color-code a few patterns to make them more noticeable, so that the player has one more way to tell something different is happening. Then, the background is dark and there's no kiai active, that means they won't kill your eyes and the approach circles are very noticeable. Third, the deafult skin elements are visible enough because they have a black border.
Now what's your real issue instead of covering yourself with a "rule" that doesn't exist?

Aleks719 wrote:

That's common sense and what we're here for. This map doesn't have any of these technical issues you speak of.

Aleks719 wrote:

These two colours are not allowed as combo. Just take it as is. I don't say it's mapper's guilt, mapper can come at 2014 and never heard about it before. That's guilt of modders and especially BATs. they know it, they have to know.
I do know, that's why i say you're wrong and you're not giving any reasonable explanation for what you're saying and doing.

Aleks719 wrote:

They're visible because the slowdown adds two sliderticks and there's the colorcode thing. The slider you mentioned takes place when the combo and the slowdown already started, there's no reason for a player to get confused as they "don't see " the sliderticks.

Aleks719 wrote:

And another thing: QATs are not your enemies. We write about missed mistakes and we have a week for it.
Maybe you should have a look first, then ask the BAT who ranked it if you're doubting some of the decisions they make, instead of coming out the very last day and unqualifying without real issues to point out.
Koiyuki

Aleks719 wrote:

This map set has been determined to be not ready for ranked status yet, therefore we must disqualify this beatmap and return it to WIP. Please keep in mind that disqualified maps are handled by the Beatmap Appreciation Team and will be re-qualified by them. The Quality Assurance Team is not responsible for sending your beatmap back to Qualified.
I just dislike the attitude of this paragraph, it seems like QATs just unqualify maps without any duty to approve it back. Of course it's not aiming at you Aleks.

We are all mappers, which enjoy our map get ranked one day. It just crashed because of some even tiny problems, and mappers even cant catch those who unqualified this to recheck(reb), mappers will pay more energy to get map requalified, the enthusiasm of mapping will fade away.

I think it's not a good trend of today's modding system, maybe the authority of QATs need some change.

Hope it's my groundless worry.
Topic Starter
kiddly

EvilElvis wrote:

Calm down a bit guys, please.
Some suggestions here
[Another]
00:51:038 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - well it seems like music grows here, so you could emphasis it better with increasing spacing, like that : for the visual consistency,I wanna keep this.

^ Just wanted to show what i had in mind (talking not about pattern but about the way how you can increase spacings)
00:54:705 (3,4) - things about emphasing again. Yea, i can see that you lowered spacing between them but, what's about increasing spacing between 00:54:538 (2) - and (3)? It'll help with emphasing that "sounds" in music immo accept it.changed into an anti-jump.
00:57:371 (3) - what's about replacing that slider by circles and making a jump? (once again, suggesting it because of emphasing and blahblahblah) I'm sorry but no :o
01:41:705 (2) - honestly i don't see any problems with this slider, but well, you could make this slider looking like that : it's really need changes,but I did that in my way. :P
it's almost the same with previous one, but all tics is visible now
01:40:371 (1) - RC says : "Do not manually edit anything in an .osu file that cannot be changed through the Editor. The only exceptions are .osu-specific storyboards and skin-related options such as SliderBorder and SliderTrackOverride."
Sadly but true, anyway we've need some QAT's opinions about that, because personally i have no troubles here, and found that SV fitting with moment
< seems it's fine but consider 01:44:371 (4) - this one please (except 01:44:371 (4) - this slider, it's just feels like it should be faster because of stuff in music) I don't think it have to be so but.....okay,0.5x.
02:06:371 (9) - consider adding NC here, because music actually changing here and with NC you could emphase it better. fixed.
02:28:371 (1) - this start of spinner feels a bit better for me it's almost the same to me :roll:

[Hyper]
00:15:538 (2,3,4) - SONAZI well, could you increase spacing here a bit? It's looks kinda inconsistent with your previous triplets, also move 00:15:538 (2,3,4) - it a bit higher to avoid that messy overlap (00:15:038 (1,4) - ) fixed
00:16:871 (6,7) - well, it's playable (uncomfortable but playable) but i didn't see any reason for making that, because there no changes in music for that. Honestly, i'd use some kicksliders here fixed.
00:20:705 (2,3) - i don't see any reason for making a jump here, consider moving (3) to x: 142 y: 212 fixed,but moved to 140:202
00:38:371 (1) - consider removing repite here and making this kind of rhytm here :
Why? Because of that boom sound on the downbeat. It's minor, yes, but it will be just feel much better and fun to play(i'm loling on myself) if you make it clickable fixed.
01:22:955 (10,1,2,3) - make spacing consistent because it looks kinda messy fixed.
01:24:038 (4) - again stuff about downbeats fixed.
02:06:705 (1) - use NC to mark 1/6s fixed.
02:20:705 (2,3) - same with 00:20:705 (2,3) fixed.
02:28:371 (1) - same with another same with another

[Hard]
00:28:205 (4) - it feels much better without this note, consider removing it and stacking both sliders
00:51:371 (2,3,4) - whistles will sound much better if you add them on every red tic here
00:57:538 - it sounds like missing note for me
01:12:371 (1) - these repites do not fit immo, consider making two 1/1 sliders here (well maybe it's too subjective, tho)
02:28:371 (1) - same with hyper and another

Discussed with Low,and we decided to reject these :cry:

[Standard]
00:38:371 (4) - the things about downbeats from hyper fixed.
01:00:371 (1) - well, it plays odd, consider replacing it by two 1/1 sliders it's hard to do this with less change,so I gave up.
01:39:871 (1) - and again downbeats fixed.

Rest seems fine.
Also don't forget about combocolors which i suggested in IRC now is 230x230x230
Topic Starter
kiddly

Aleks719 wrote:

i see a lot of attention, especially from chinese community.

So, for you, my dear chinese commentators:
1. if you want to tell me something use PM.
2. if you want to tell me something use English.
3. the most commented phrase IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME, it's just a template. will be used for ALL unqualified maps. are you gonna comment every map in this way? i feel sorry you have nothing else to do.

RED lines are unrankable.
other lines are suggestions only. they can be left as is, so they are not a reason for unrank, just additional comments. in next time read carefully.

About red lines.

They are covered.
You can say: maaaan, it's not a hard pattern.
Answer: still.
You can say: maaaan, it's a slowdown.
Answer: after slowdown there is pretty fast 1.75x slider.
You can say: maaaan, this slider in another combo.
Answer: i'd never trust to the mapper who leaves tricky patterns, especially after that nonsense pattern which looks like doubles, but in reality it's 1/4. Or this 1.75x after slowdown? playable, but is it expected? not sure. Covered ticks for slowdown is a really bad idea.

And another thing: QATs are not your enemies. We write about missed mistakes and we have a week for it. Look at qualified maps as on beta-test game. They are available to play, but can be changed.

No one wants a world filled with enemy.I don't think so before,you make me.

Consider the way you speak to mappers,thank you,I'm not be aimed at you.
Secretpipe
Rerank plz :<
Frostmourne

Aleks719 wrote:

[Another]
Pure black and white combo colours (255,255,255 in your case) are forbidden.01:41:705 (2) - head and tail of slider cover all sliderticks. They are only one way to determine your slowdown.
I want to counter this with the evidence existing in an objective way.

The actual slider you can see in the beatmap is not explicit and doesn't destroy your eyes, yet you can see the slider path clearly
(follow points are easy to see from this point)
The mapper uses black colored background which white color can contrast it beautifully and appropriately. Also this is 2014, if this old rule said about pure white or complete black are unrankable, then, it should have applied to the "old default skin" , not the new one created by peppy in a few years ago.

Aleks719 wrote:

It isn't written so who we are to know if this is rankable or unrankable. If it isn't written then it shouldn't be enforced. It always is written in BATs' rules that "You must not follow unfinalized rules"

01:41:705 (2) - head and tail of slider cover all sliderticks. They are only one way to determine your slowdown.
The slider 01:40:371 (1) - already introduced the way it's going to happen in the music as players will intuitively acknowledge the pace of the song with the current specific combo color that it will not go any faster until 01:45:038 (1) - it changes completely.
and furthermore

I'm #66 standard osu! and I can see this slider point coming up before I hit, so I can determine from its length that it will stay slow the same as 01:40:371 (1) - guided.

I'm not going to support any side, either QATs or Mappers. I'm doing what I think it's right.
Ulysses
Well,disscussed with aleks.His position is still the same,but let's see what he thinks:

23:51 nold_1702: Hi there
23:52 Aleks719: hi
23:53 nold_1702: I am quite disappointed of what you are now doing,off-screen objects and skinning with 100/300 are written rules
23:54 nold_1702: and what you are disqualifying for,was a removed rule
23:54 nold_1702: and surely,is a remvoed rule
23:54 Aleks719: no, it's not.
23:54 Aleks719: 1. it was example, mentioned simple things
23:55 Aleks719: and explained that combo thing is a thing, missed by bats
23:55 Aleks719: 2. rule is still works
23:56 Aleks719: i have no idea, was it missed or forgotten
23:56 Aleks719: minor stuff? yes. unrankable? yes again.
23:57 Aleks719: i didn't make it just because i want to unrank everything
23:57 Aleks719: do you have a job?
23:57 Aleks719: what do you do there if you have it?
23:58 nold_1702: I don't have a job,I am still young,but that rule isn't forgotten but removed through disscussion.
23:59 nold_1702: after disscussion
23:59 nold_1702: I meant
23:59 Aleks719: nope. it doesn't exist in wiki since the creation, but it's presented.
00:00 nold_1702: "For the record, these include the recent changes made from the discussion forum. Any rule that is being discussed is listed here as it used to be and will be updated once the discussion reaches an agreement. "
00:00 Aleks719: then it has been missed
00:01 nold_1702: hey,aleks,the wiki is the updatest
00:01 nold_1702: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/75882
00:01 Aleks719: wanna me to add it?
00:02 nold_1702: If you can,do it
00:02 Aleks719: no prob
00:02 Aleks719: people didn't use these colours in ranked maps, for few years and even now
00:02 nold_1702: and then you will bear what you should bear.
00:02 nold_1702: Nope
00:02 nold_1702: There are some maps
00:02 nold_1702: Let me
00:02 nold_1702: Wait a sec
00:02 nold_1702: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/100252
00:02 nold_1702: [NOLD]
00:02 nold_1702: my diff
00:02 nold_1702: I used a pure black colour
00:03 nold_1702: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/114987
00:03 nold_1702: [SKYSTAR]
00:03 nold_1702: I think therw are enough evidance?
00:04 Aleks719: chinese bubble / chinese rank. sorry, your community is good, but modders missed it
00:04 Aleks719: on target or not, idk
00:04 Aleks719: let's take a look on 2nd
00:06 nold_1702: Let me savelog and post it on thread
00:07 Aleks719: oh i see
00:07 Aleks719: wanna more shitstorm? :)
00:07 nold_1702: I am not here to fire
00:07 Aleks719: then for what?
00:07 nold_1702: To presuade you that there's no rule like that
00:08 Aleks719: discussed in #lounge
00:08 nold_1702: but what you spoke,should be recorded and released on thread
00:08 Aleks719: many people remember it
00:09 nold_1702: well,aleks,I am not your enemy
00:09 nold_1702: You won't afraid what you have spoken I am sure
00:09 Aleks719: i'm just disapponted in you
00:09 Aleks719: that's all i want to say.
ZHSteven

Aleks719 wrote:

This map set has been determined to be not ready for ranked status yet, therefore we must disqualify this beatmap and return it to WIP. Please keep in mind that disqualified maps are handled by the Beatmap Appreciation Team and will be re-qualified by them. The Quality Assurance Team is not responsible for sending your beatmap back to Qualified.
Sorry if I am wrong, but I want to understand something clearly.

Are you saying that you, or your team, will not be responsible, for any of the decisions made?

Thanks for response.
Koiyuki
Frost my idol lol
Natteke desu
Could you guys just stop it? Bubbled.
Heatherfield
好吧我是混子
Skystar
elvis ily
Kyubey

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

elvis ily
:(
Hollow Wings

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

elvis ily
Topic Starter
kiddly
oops, great

edit:please stop trolling post here.no one playing this game is for argument.
Fycho
no more useless posts please...
Secretpipe
Did you forget dnb to tags ?
There's already a ranked map with dnb to the tags and it'll be logic to respect that for having consistent tags.

Check it out : Click!
DeeN

-GN wrote:

The rule that says pure black and white combo colors are unrankable does not exist in the Standard Ranking Criteria, and in the case that it should be an unwritten rule it can't be used to justify an unrank on it's own since it is not written down.

I'd also like to say that the QAT members responsible for unqualifying this should be much less hasty to unrank on shallow reasons like these.
maybe they just got [UNRANK] button
[ QIUT ] member list:
ehhh still in work ;)

like u siad responsibility and punishment
Jenny
previous post if anyone missed it
Just by 2ct since I saw this map come up in #modhelp.

Why? There's no white flashes or spots in the map that would blend with the color so readability is no concern (plus, as if you would have to consider that for the majority of people who just use 100% dim and disable custom colors to begin with), so I wouldn't know what the motivation behidn this is exactly.

Multiple indicators why this is not a problem whatsoever:

1. The previous slider has already slowed down
  2. the song has no indication to change speed any further as this is the most calm part in the entire thing and it's perfectly natural to have this speed here in the first place
  3. it's part of the same combo so why would you treat it differently from the slider before, which if anything at all, should be the one you would be concerned about (I have also yet to see anyone have problems with catching it or seing it as unfit)

01:10:205 (1,2,3,4,5) - that's look wrong. What's a point to confuse players with spacing? i can understand sliders or streams, but you have many doubles and it's confusing.
While I think that the notepairings in the music are not strong enough to justify an angle like this (would much rather have it like this), it's no big problem whatsoever; sure it's not perfect and I gave an alternative version to make it better, but it has already been done near-perfectly the combo before this one, so just pointing at the second occurance of anything is not making this look like a professionally considered and discussed unrank, really.

02:03:538 (1) - well, it's rankable, but look ugly. Symmetrical overlapping can be good, but not this one.

^looks fairly accurate to me to be honest, and your personal preference for slidershaping is of no matter to unranks - if you're going to put out a full mod and go through everything thoroughly and entirely sure, bring it up, but in this context.. really?

I feel like you are focussing way too heavy on individual objects and objects alone, picking out just one or two seemingly random examples at all and not even giving any reasoned argument that has a basis within the song, which is what should be your highest and foremost priority unless the map is becoming entirely unplayable (and even then one might argue that it's not mapped to appeal to everyone but rather those who are of a similar belief for what goes with the music as the mapper is - just because a map gets bubbled or ranked that doesn't mean it has to cater to everyone or the largest audience possible) - and even if that was the case, as long as the difficulty spread is large enough, having an extremely hard and "unplayable" peak difficulty could still be reasoned enough due to the rest of the difficulties catering to enough of a player base to justify ranking it anyways (which is not the case here, but anyways).

What should be of your concern would be patterns like this 00:35:038 (1,1,2) - simply because they don't accentuate and follow the musical patterning and beat distribution well enough (-> soundpattern of three equally strong beats of the same kind, therefore should be equally accentuated and not mapped as "one note plus one closely spaced pair with a new combo"), but seing how you do not do this I am wondering what exactly it is you are unranking by; sounds extremely offensive reading back on it, but I seriously don't see it, so feel free to clear me up.

More penny donations, woohoo.

Just in case anybody missed this: I'm not here to insult people but just give reasoned feedback for future improvement - that's the case for mappers aswell as QATs and I don't believe there should be any difference in how you have to approach either as opposed to the other. Please do not consider me on anybody's "side" because all I am doing is give what I believe to be reasonable and elaborate talk to help improve the system and prevent future drama by doing my best do reason with the ways of people approaching another and the topic in question as a bystander.

Another list:

1. this is kinda provocative to say in this manner; you might want to consider not insulting people and their ways of spending time, no matter how you personally see them (plus, replying to something like this barely takes more than five to ten minutes)
  2. we as the community do not have access to your QAT templates or anything so don't expect anyone to know about this or "respect" it
  3. if evidently the template is worded in a way that makes people feel disrespected and mocked, you as a team may want to reconsider the way you wrote it, seing how the entire Quality Assurance Team is based to service and "guard" exactly that community that is feeling disrespected by it (-> the template)

About red lines.
How exactly do you expect people to know about and respect "rules" that are not even written down? Word of mouth? By who? You folk aren't exactly the most communicative either way as it is to be honest, so don't act as if everyone could and should have known about it for years and is just a stupid kid that's trying to bypass the rules by ignoring them. Again, I do not know whether this is or was your intention but you should be aware (or informed, at least) that this is how you will come across as has pretty much been proven by everyone posting in here and the way they react to it. No difference between BAT, modder or mapper here.

Sure, that's the intention and that is probably also what you want to do, but if you happen to approach the topic and map in question in a way that obviously upsets a lot of people and has questionable reasoning behind it, having a fancy title should not make you immune to criticism and just put it all on "the template" that - as mention before - nobody can even look into seperately and would have to check multiple other recently unqualified maps to analyze and find out which part of the post is actually yours. That's not how it's supposed to be, at least in my book.

Nobody's telling you to fuck off and never come back (..well okay, a few people may be) but you should consider and work on changing and improving your approachon these topics and the different parts about it - just keep at it and try improving for the future because as you see, there's room to the ceiling in multiple ways, both including the presentation (template preset, wording and phrasing) aswell as giving more elaborate reasoning behind actual mapping-related subjects.

At this point, I might shamelessly advertise my own forum thread about a few things that I believe are commonly going wrong and not being care about enough in mapping as you might (or might not) deem them helpful or educative for the future - this goes to anyone that cares, really: t/239778/

Again, this entire post is made entirely for the purpose of offering improvement and criticism, to both sides, and I'm sad I have to put a disclaimer like this so that people won't just call it "shittalk" (which they will do anyways, but oh well) - there is no intention to be toxic in this, just honest concerns over what I see is going wrong in the handling of and reaction to the matters at hand. Do not simply imply you know my intention better than I myself do because that's simply a d*** move to pull and defeats the entire purpose of feedback in the first place and I personally do not want that.
InabaTewi
我看到了一堆远古级别偶像!!!!!
Card N'FoRcE

nold_1702 wrote:

Wow, I'd really like to know when and how, because my research gets me no results at all.

How about you actually reply to me, Aleks, instead of throwing this air of superiority which doesn't suit you?
I was told the new team was more open to discussion and that was why i came back, but maybe i just got fooled again because i'm so stupid.
Topic Starter
kiddly

Secretpipe wrote:

Did you forget dnb to tags ?
There's already a ranked map with dnb to the tags and it'll be logic to respect that for having consistent tags.

Check it out : Click!
fixed!
Secretpipe
kd plz ?
Topic Starter
kiddly

Secretpipe wrote:

kd plz ?
;)
Loctav

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

nold_1702 wrote:

Wow, I'd really like to know when and how, because my research gets me no results at all.

How about you actually reply to me, Aleks, instead of throwing this air of superiority which doesn't suit you?
I was told the new team was more open to discussion and that was why i came back, but maybe i just got fooled again because i'm so stupid.
This was my call. I asked developers and they confirmed me that a pure white and pure black combo color breaks various skins, especially in kiai times and causes excessive strobing, which can be easily avoided by putting a greyish combo color. Since we can't see why the mapper would see a big harm in changing it away from pure white, we claimed this as a thing to be fixed. Making such a big fuss of this is unneeded. Just change the color and move on.
show more