forum

Bastard Mini - Day 2 - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zexion
I'm not complaining about having a post restriction. I'm complaining to myself because I forgot it because reasons.

And I wouldn't have minded to be the cat cultist. It would have been puuuurfect, would have made a lot of puns ameow it.
Tanzklaue
am i really the only one who is happy that he wasn't forced into a dull cat filled existence? :(
Amianki
I couldn't recruit anti-town though.
Sakura

Tanzklaue wrote:

CalignoBot wrote:

If recruitment had been successful, the game wouldn't have lasted another 25 pages.
cult is retartedly powerful in a game of this size. even in my most bastard dreams i wouldn't put it in because it literally isn't fun to play with in 90% of the cases, and in my eyes bastard games should be wacky and fun for the most amount of people.
Do remember tho, in most cases Bastard games are more for the amusement of the mod than that of the players. This is one of the rare exceptions.
Tanzklaue
a good mod makes it fun for both players and himself. a mystery to solve like this is something i appreciate. a cult in a 6 playrer game isn't.
Sakura
Do remember not only there was a cultist but also a Mafia. 2 anti town factions and one that can just increase in size.
A mislynch D1 could've spelled doom for the town so im glad we never lynched beeboy (tho it would render Zexion unable to do night actions sooooo)
Amianki
Remember that both anti-town had post restrictions. If people had put two and two together and night 1 had gone badly for me, then what?
Sakura
The thing is.

I thought at least 1 of the PR'd people was scum, didn't think both would be tho.
Sakura
And yeah i replaced out because:
1) The game was giving me a headache (I stopped thinking Drezi was scum at some point and didn't know where else to go)
2) beeboy was just frustrating to deal with overall, tho he got better at the end tho i had already replaced out anyway.
Tanzklaue

CalignoBot wrote:

Remember that both anti-town had post restrictions. If people had put two and two together and night 1 had gone badly for me, then what?
first off, implying night 1 didn't go badly for you.

second, the post restrictions made up for it in part, but cult is still ridiculous in tis setup.

anyway, if i understand this correctly i'm the new god of the universe since we axed off the old one and i transcended mortality. that's how this shit works right? \:D/
Amianki

Tanzklaue wrote:

first off, implying night 1 didn't go badly for you.
That's irrelevant. I'm talking about a situation where I can't recruit but I don't die.
Drezi
Meh, two townies with each other being conf scum from their own PoV is just cruel.

I'm not sure if I should bring this up again but I still feel the need to address these points, so bear with me:

beeboy123 wrote:

reads
A lot of stuff that doesn't make sense as it only proves you as townie and doesn't prove Sakura/GIF as Mafia which just seems like a bad attempt at trying to get me to durdle around and do nothing. (It was actually working :|)

If I am a sane cop, or even just a townie, and you're conf town, it's perfectly fine to disprove all of scum's accusations to show that I'm town, and thus the third person is scum by process of elimination. It's something Sakura attacked too, but if I didn't do it, it would just look like I'm dodging the uncomfortable questions/points, also it means I shouldn't look like I'm desperate to scumpaint the other person.

Drezi wrote:

All I can think of, other than you being scum is that I'm secret Insane aswell, and beeboy didn't hammer me because he's a lyncher that needs to lynch you, or a jester that needs to get himself lynched.
An empty accusation of me being lyncher to buy time or get Sakura to turn on me. (Mostly made up reason I have no idea why he would do this it is just odd.)

At that point I considered the possibility of Sakura being town, thus I tried to think of ways it could be possible, alas very weak ones, but I did not except that people other than the 3 of us could possibly be lynched.

Drezi wrote:

Process of elimination. At first I thought I'd try to bait you into turning against beeboy claiming that my result indicates town, but I decided that there's no way you'd do that if you're scum either way, since beeboy didn't hammer me so you can't attack him.
Sakura declared I was town and that is why she set up a situation where I could randomly lynch someone to verify that I was town to everyone

That's why I decided that Sakura wouldn't try to convince me that my result means town and attack you either way, we agree here, what's the problem?

Sakura wrote:

Except you being a cop PGO is not a possibility ON TOP of your double voting ability.
Tanz died because he bombed CBot and thus he died, if you say Tanz targeted you who do you suppose killed CBot?

Sakura wrote:

Since you claim Seeing those posts care to quote them then?
Assuming they exist
I know I don't reply to things but this should be easy to reply to

I replied to everything here.

Stuff that just seems like nonsense and I don't need to explain why it is scumy

Drezi wrote:

To be honest I don't have to do this, you must realize too that your only option is to attack my claim, and you can't try to convince me that my result means town + try to get beeboy lynched since beeboy is obviously town, otherwise he would have hammered me.

Drezi wrote:

It's also evident that Tanz wants me dead, and he needs beeboy to do that. He can only achieve that if he scumpaints me, since beeboy is town. It's very simple.

Drezi wrote:

Both you and Tanz were townreading me D1, now I'm scum suddenly, isn't that strange.

Sorry but these are not nonsense at all, they make sense from my PoV the very least. Tanz part turned out to be wrong, but it's correct reasoning given my assumptions, since at that point in time I assumed Vengeance referred to having to kill his killer, and he wanted to get ME lynched, so I assumed he died on my PGO, in which case it made perfect sense that he'd have to scumpaint me, for you to agree to lynch me, regardless of Tanz's percieved alignment of mine.

I quit I was 37 pages in and I think I made my point

Well not really, and if you were serious about the game you should have read everything obviously at least, but much rather should have been driving the conversation, asking us questions that you feel would corner scum or help town prove his innocence etc.
Drezi

Sakura wrote:

I was serious when we started voting the mod, but then Drezi appeared acting all scummy...

Tanzklaue wrote:

same with me.
If you were serious, you could have told me ;_; "Hey Drezi, please vote the mod, we suspect that might be our wincon, we have nothing to lose by trying anyway, it's worth a shot." Or ask beeboy for a vote.

There's literally NO downside to trying to lynch the mod at all. We can even remove our votes and start playing normally right away after the hammer.
Sakura
Well beeboy started going

"I'M GOING TO LOSE IF WE LYNCH THE MOD"

So... lol
GuyInFreezer
Wait I solved the game?
Cool.
GuyInFreezer

Sakura wrote:

At least your post restriction was easy, I once was in a game where I had to make an animal pun or something every single post.
It almost sounds like you came up with all those puns :P
Sakura

GuyInFreezer wrote:

Sakura wrote:

At least your post restriction was easy, I once was in a game where I had to make an animal pun or something every single post.
It almost sounds like you came up with all those puns :P
Ah, the benefits of an hydra.
Amianki
Oh, one other thing before I forget:

beeboy

Feign confidence when you're not confident. One of the biggest parts of this game is being able to conceal things, since both town and mafia have to be able to do it in order to play to their win condition.

Town have to be able to show that they are willing to follow through with their decisions, even if they have little confidence that they are correct. Mafia are more afraid of these kinds of people, not the ones that happen to be correct. Even if doing this doesn't directly further your own reads in the right direction, it can force mafia to play differently in a way that other people will catch them.

Mafia naturally have to feign confidence because they know they're bullshitting. It's basically self-explanatory for the most part.

I've noticed that you don't really sound confident in most of your posts, especially early game. It would greatly benefit your play if you eliminate all posts like these:

beeboy123 wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

beeboy has yet to say anything of substance.
I am not pro like you and can't figure out who has post restrictions

beeboy123 wrote:

beeboy123 wrote:

Maybe I am just gullible and cancerous but I am with Sakura
I know this was a shitty post but me being dumb and inexperienced isn't new knowledge.
It doesn't help your play at all. All it really does is give everyone else in the game a free pass to disregard what your points are for the rest of the game.
Sakura
CalignoBot should totally be an IC on newbie games.
Amianki
I'm not remotely confident in my activity in mafiascum games to consider doing that.
beeboy123
Either way thanks for the help :D