forum

Computer reboots at various times [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gamechamp
I just downloaded this today, but I'm having a big problem with it sometimes causing my computer to reboot itself at certain times, including:

-Song start.
-Song end.
-Spinners.
-Exiting the game.

I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't work. It's rather hard to play when my computer keeps rebooting itself, so help would be appreciated.

System Specs (I have no idea what anything means so here's just everything in the system properties thingy)
Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
Intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
2.80 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
dtnc21

Gamechamp wrote:

I just downloaded this today, but I'm having a big problem with it sometimes causing my computer to reboot itself at certain times, including:

-Song start.
-Song end.
-Spinners.
-Exiting the game.

I've tried reinstalling, but that didn't work. It's rather hard to play when my computer keeps rebooting itself, so help would be appreciated.

System Specs (I have no idea what anything means so here's just everything in the system properties thingy)
Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
Intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
2.80 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
. . . I think you need a new computer. Mine's good.
peppy
I'll definitely put some time into a reply for this problem soon - been real busy but haven't forgotten!
RemmyX25
Very interesting... Now, you said it happens randomly at those points you mentioned, correct?

I have a feeling this problem isn't directly related to osu!, but rather suffering from it...
awp

dtnc21 wrote:

. . . I think you need a new computer.
I really don't think that's necessary. What's causing a reboot is either what's on the harddrive, or just the PSU kicking out. Which isn't likely.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Gamechamp
Update: the event has magically stopped happening. At least, it hasn't happened for quite a few hours of playtime. I'm going to go ahead and kiss God now. Shortly after playing Osu for all eternity. Farewell.
peppy
I made quite a few changes since you last mentioned this error, which could have fixed the problem. Or it could have been something on your pc that you fixed by accident, or that fixed itself (like a climate change causing less overheating). Either way - that's good to hear. I'm closing this thread.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

awp

James wrote:

you forgot to lock the door.
*closed*
You guys locked me in

*window dive*