What do you prefer?

Headphones
83.29%
No Headphones
16.71%
Total votes: 431
Topic Starter
Nines
I'm curious about the rest of the osu! community. Provide a reason why you do what you do if you like :)

My choice: No headphones.
My reason: So i can hear my keyboard taps to tap in rhythm with the song.
Revion
Prefer use headphones (actually earphones) because I could hear the missing beat instead of using speakers and the noises around.
But sometimes using speakers to heal my ears. ._.v
Lach
I use headphones so people can't hear the shitty music I'm clicking dots to.
Bweh
Why would anyone prefer speakers

I'd be damned if anyone around me had to listen to some chinese cartoon's opening a dozen times. It'd be even worse if my gameplay was tragically interrupted because someone opened a door ten meters away or because a bird decided to chirp near my window.

Besides, listening to your keyboard doesn't do you any good. There's the miniscule input lag, and listening to your hitsounds would do the job best.
kriers

Brian OA wrote:

There's the miniscule input lag, and listening to your hitsounds would do the job best.
"this game is broken"
- every stepmania player trying osu! ever
Yano
I use Headphones since 6 Years

The Reason isn't Osu ... the Reason is my familiy ...

I only use Headphones, because they didn't want hear my Music the hole Day
Almost
On my first day playing osu! I noticed a massive difference in my accuracy when using headphones instead of speakers and have used headphones ever since.
Soulg
can use both just fine
pielak213
­
Reyvateil
Aa many I use headphones being considerate to other people in the house, just like closing the door because of the keyboard noise.
Purple

Lach wrote:

There's nothing better than feeling your family judge you as you're blasting squeaky Japanese music on your speakers
Espionage724
I may need to go get my headset and try some osu!; I have no problem with just speakers though.
Rewben2
Headphones all the way, speakers are a disturbance to other people around me and there's absolutely no reason I'd get speakers over a headphone/headset.
Sal32
If you're alone in your room then it's not a big deal if you play with speaker maybe..

But I prefer headphones since I can feel da beat
Mizuno Yui
Headphones, the sound of keyboard irritates me to no end otherwise.
Sorun
Yeah I use headphones, so I don't annoy my room mates and it's by far better for playing to the rhythm.

plus HD598s sound godly
Gigo
I think the OP meant to ask if using headphones affects your gameplay. Whether or not it bothers other people is irrelevant in this case. So the question would be: If you live alone and there are no people in the vicinity, would you use headphones?

Personally, I think my accuracy is better when I use them, but... damn, I just hate using them! I know that doesn't make much sense (it's like I want my accuracy to be bad lol), but overall I prefer speakers.
Quite Cynical

Sorun wrote:

plus HD598s sound godly
Using them as well, beautiful.

Anyway, I use speakers whenever I get the chance, typically when the whole family is out and about and I'm alone.
In terms of gameplay, no difference for me.
RaneFire
No headphones because humidity. Perspiration everywhere. Earmuffs become a sticky mess, in turn making my ears uncomfortable. Ass sticks to chair (ok... nothing to do with headphones). Air-conditioning helps, but I don't like the cold, and find myself wearing a jersey on temperate days already, so you won't find me in the northern hemisphere anytime soon.

That said, I prefer headphones when playing DT and fast maps. I hammer my keyboard harder as things get faster, which drowns out the music and hitsounds with just speakers.

So basically, I use headphones when their benefit is needed, but most of the time I play casually and just use my speakers.
Tsukasa
I'd have to say Headphones.

Hearing your keyboard tick may actually affect gameplay.
Since this is a rhythm game, Song rhythm/beatmap rhythm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>tap rhythm
A bit of practice, and you don't need to listen to your keys. Plus, listening to your keys might delay your tapping a few milliseconds and you'd either get 100, 50, or a miss
Rio-
Mostly I use Headphones (Cheap ones).

but I don't mind playing without It too. but the accuracy will get slightly decreased
-Selentia
Headphones are a better choice, since they help you concentrate on the rhythm by limiting you to listen to the hitsounds only... And you get less distraction, especially from your keyboard sounds.

Satrio wrote:

but I don't mind playing without It too. but the accuracy will get slightly decreased
^
Mamoru Senpai
Headphones. Kinda awkward listen myself tapping the keys like a retard.
nrl
Headphones, always. The difference it makes for my accuracy is astounding.
WolfCoder
Sennheiser HD's. Doesn't effect my performance at all, I just love headphones for everything.
-Chronopolis-
I played without headphones for a while and got used to it, along with the acoustics of my room. I'm not sure about keyboard clicks being annoying, but I sometimes listen to my mouse clicks as a supplement to tactile sensation to confirm I'm hitting all the notes in trickier pattern, say...a slider with an even number of 1/4 notes after it.
ggsnipess
I use both, no real preference, speakers when there is nothing on and I can hear clearly, headphones when loud noises everywhere and parents watching Indian movies (music in those just sky rocket in volume).
AskonNox
Headphones :V Im doing everything with my headphones 99% of the time. When i have to play Osu! with speakers i get so irritated by the keyboard taps that i start miss every hit xD
quaternary
Depends if it's good music ^^
I always wear earbuds when I play MATZcore :P

On osu!droid, never, b/c my headphone jack is broken :(
aRtii-
Both, the speakers aren't loud though.
Wh1teh
Headphones block the sound of clicks so I can focus on hitsounds better.
Naikaze
My choice: Headphones.
My reason: So i can't hear my keyboard taps to tap in rhythm with the song.
Shohei Ohtani
I use headphones because I'm not an asshole like shit niggas tryna sleep
Weed
choice: headphones
reason: only source for sound i have available
theburgerhd
sound of my keyboard is so damn loud... I just can't play without a headphone
Mikelicious

Lach wrote:

Coolgav
I use headphones so no one else hears the music i'm playing in my house and also because i got used to it
show more