forum

[Official Specifications] Storyboarding by Scripting

posted
Total Posts
show more
WyndII
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
abalee
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
WyndII
0 and 3 works the same XD. when i tested it.
Oh well. thx.
anonymous_old
Larto's Disturbia map uses elements from the skin in the storyboard.

I tried doing this myself but scripting a "cursor.png" results in nothing. I tried other skin elements and it still fails.

Is there a switch I need to toggle or something to activate this?

(Similar to what WyndII wanted.)
LuigiHann
anonymous_old

LuigiHann wrote:

UseSkinSprites: 1

under [General]

Only works for images as far as I know.
Thank you! *star*
peppy
abalee

Echo wrote:

p: the efect parameter to apply
H - horizontal flip
V - vertical flip
A - additive-blend colour (as opposed to alpha-blend).
orz
LuigiHann
YoshiKart
Any chance that trigger loops will support combobursts and combobreaks? And possibly the transition (just the transition) from passing status to failing status, and vise versa?
K2J
RandomJibberish
What would you use to make an image just be there during a certain time period?
K2J
Use the move action. For instance:

Animation,Pass,Centre,"sb_items\sonicrun.png",320,240,8,30,LoopForever
_M,0,12671,42843,144,285

Notice how I specify a time period on the second line, followed by only one set of coordinates. You can do this with sprites, as well.
RandomJibberish
Xgor
I tried to copy-paste with Scripting in Enjoy the Silence but i only got pissed >:(
I guess it's a good idea to learn storyboarding by scripting due to that you can do much more though........
Breeze
Traslate this psot to Chinese for communicating
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=21281

A question : I just can't understand this "A - additive-blend colour (as opposed to alpha-blend)"
would someone explain it for me? Thannnnnnnks
anonymous_old

Breeze wrote:

A question : I just can't understand this "A - additive-blend colour (as opposed to alpha-blend)"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model

To understand how it works, it may be useful to try using it.
ShaggoN
I have little question. Couldn't find answer anywhere.
//Background Colour Transformations
What these parameters means? I know that three last (0,0,0) means colors (red,green,blue), but what about 3,100?
anonymous_old

ShaggoN wrote:

What these parameters means? I know that three last (0,0,0) means colors (red,green,blue), but what about 3,100?
Realize for other parts of the storyboard script, "Sprite" and "Animation" and "Centre" are simply named numbers. They are transformed into numbers before the storyboard is processed.

3,100 seems to signify the cmmand refers to the background colour transformation. It could be that 3 signifies background, and 100 signifies a colour transform. I don't know.
Breeze

strager wrote:

Breeze wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_color
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model

To understand how it works, it may be useful to try using it.
Thanks very much!
abalee

ShaggoN wrote:

i don't know what "3" means here, but "100" is the timeline during the song. for example, Al-Azif's map "Boundary of Space",
the background color transformation is controled by this, and he use a semitransparent background to show the color.
Azu_old
Examples of Triggers. Are there any? I want to have something were each time you click on the circle, the sprite/animation pops up.
RandomJibberish
Currently you can only trigger events on a clap, whistle or finish. You could use clever skinning to get it to work on "normal" hitsounds too though.
Azu_old
Even so, how would it look?
RandomJibberish
Uh, exactly how you SB it? You can make objects move around and stuff however you like :roll:
LuigiHann
If you're looking for examples, check out the Gorillaz collab maps, and notice what happens when you hit the notes versus what happens when you don't hit the notes

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/10862
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/8749
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/12131
K2J
Just a minor detail I'm not sure has been posted yet:

Objects in the .osb file take prescedence in the layering over the .osu files, but only within the four nominal layers. That is, let's say I have pseudocode in the .osu file:

Sprite,Background,Centre,"object1.png",x,y
_M,0,0,1000,x,y
Sprite,Foreground,Centre,"object2.png",x,y
_M,0,0,1000,x,y

And in the .osb file:

Sprite,Background,Centre,"object3.png",x,y
_M,0,0,1000,x,y

Object 3 will appear above object 1 (since they're both in the Background layer and the .osb file takes precedence), but not above object 2 (since object 2 is in a higher layer). You can think of it as (and this is probably how it actually happens) the game loading the .osu file's events, then appending the .osb file's events afterward. Thus, since the .osb events are necessarily further down the list in the layer, they appear on top.

Something to keep in mind if you're doing difficulty-specific scripting.
Cyril Scarlet
Oh ~ Nice thread <3

I want to learn how to make SB by Notepad too ~
Gomo Psivarh

Echo wrote:

origin:
TopLeft
TopCenter
TopRight
CentreLeft
Centre
CentreRight
BottomLeft
BottomCentre
BottomRight
A typo. TopCenter doesn't work. It's TopCentre.
Dangaard
Is it possible to use loops and triggers for sound samples as well?
-Napoleon-
I have a giant problem! The colour changer "C,...,...,...,...,...,..." what are the numbers that I have to? for Example: To the colour blue.
ziin
SPOILER
[quote="Xavier18488"]I have a giant problem! The colour changer "C,...,...,...,...,...,..." what are the [color=#BF0000]numbers[/color] that I have to? for Example: To the colour [color=#0000FF]blue[/color].[/quote]
It helps to know a little bit about computers and colors before attempting to color something in a storyboard.

In any case, you can see that your color blue is actually #0000FF. If you can understand the difference between decimal and hexadecimal, FF is equal to 255 (in hex and dec respectively). The blue color in decimal would be <0,0,255> with each number signifying an RGB component (which are the three primary colors in light). Green would be <0,255,0> and red would be <255,0,0>.

so the color changer looks like this:

_C,<easing>,<starttime>,<endtime>,<color1>,<color2>

Replace <color1> and <color2> with the color that you want, including the commas.
-Napoleon-
YAY I got to know the same thing, I do not want to offend with the previous sentence, but I do not understand anything about RGB and stuff like, must explain further.
ziin
-Napoleon-
Thanxs :D
emergist
In vector scaling:

Echo wrote:

startx, starty: the scale factor at the beginning of the animation
endx, endy: the scale factor at the end of the animation
1 = 100%, 2 = 200% etc. decimals are allowed.
I have a question: the "startx,starty,endx,endy" are positions, not scale factors, why can it be 100% or 200%?
those

emergist wrote:

In vector scaling:

Echo wrote:

startx, starty: the scale factor at the beginning of the animation
endx, endy: the scale factor at the end of the animation
1 = 100%, 2 = 200% etc. decimals are allowed.
I have a question: the "startx,starty,endx,endy" are positions, not scale factors, why can it be 100% or 200%?
Are you sure the "startx,starty,endx,endy" are positions? More than likely it implies "startxscale,startyscale,endxscale,endyscale".
emergist

those wrote:

More than likely it implies "startxscale,startyscale,endxscale,endyscale".
You're right, I've tried just now. Thx.
I don't know if this question had already asked or not, but I'm seriously curious about this thing:

How does timing in .osb file matched with the timing on the editor?

In case you still puzzled with the questions above, I give you some

The animation that I define above is the Clouds.png moving, I used Clouds.png only one time.

On the editor it said that the moving and fading animation starts on 01:52:500 while on the .osb it starts on 112500.
I know that the timing defined by the editor and the .osb are both same, but it seems that the timing system on .osb and on the editor is different.

For a storyboarder, timing are the most important thing on storyboarding especially if you cannot copy paste the sprites from the editor, which has to be done on the .osb. But due to different timing system on .osb, this might be a problem for the storyboarder since he doesn't know how to convert the timing on editor into timing on .osb.

I'm sorry if my question is confusing or you didn't understand what do I mean, but this had seriously made me curious since I'm also a storyboarder. Just ask further if you didn't understand what do I mean here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks before!
abalee
@inverness
01:52:500 = 00:(60+52):500 = 112500
show more