forum

Touhou PyP IV (Game over - Mafia wins :>)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lilac
No, I didn't lie. It's just not worth saying it.

You either have 4 town contributing or 3, the choice is yours.
Lilac
Also, that conceding post was at 1AM when I was in my hotel room, gutted by your comment I could not sleep because of that, I was next to a snoring person and the room was too hot to sleep in. So obviously I wasn't in the best state of mind then.
VoidnOwO
:)
Lilac
BRBP, are you perhaps a Lyncher as well...?

Like, I'm pretty sure...maybe my imagination.
Lilac
Also I can not see how more discussion will help scum at all.

So can other people like talk? You know, considering we have a confirmed dayvig and an implied PGO...
Tanzklaue

BRBP wrote:

Vote: Tanz

Tanzklaue wrote:

we're at MyLo, so of course we will no lynch if at the end of the day we don't have anyone to lynch who is 100% scum. anything else is pure suicide.
I agree that it's a suicide to you if vote for scum.
wow, you get rather ridiculous here.

the problem is that voting for BRBP is a big risk, a risk that we can't really take at this point. I am 99% sure that dake isn't scum at this point, except if there is another scumaligned roleblocking and/or hiding role (that thing with lilac and rb doesn't have to be necessarily true I guess), in which case we are honestly quite fucked regardless, from a role point of view.

BRBP, quickvoting won't help us here, if we vote, then we need to plan this out. you also are still so overly convinced of me being scum that it just seems really weird. no townie or scum would ever bite himself on one player for the whole game and tunnel on him like you do. you better explain your reasoning at this point, or we can start playing this as a LyLo with 3 town anyway.

also, mimi is awfully quiet, and hasn't said much beyond the point of BRBP ringing his scumbells.
VoidnOwO
I read the posts above.
Jinxy

Lilac wrote:

Also, that conceding post was at 1AM when I was in my hotel room, gutted by your comment I could not sleep because of that, I was next to a snoring person and the room was too hot to sleep in. So obviously I wasn't in the best state of mind then.
I will apologize for your lack of sleep, though the fact that you were that gutted from my arguments either means you're town and just didn't think things through, or you're scum and you have no rebuttal. I'm leaning with the latter, since at this point you're still keeping quiet about your so-called plan.

Lilac wrote:

Also I can not see how more discussion will help scum at all.
More discussion = More information for scum and they can then use that information to plan their actions, but there's no use now, more than enough has been today for them to make their plans, thanks to you

BRBP wrote:

I read the posts above.
Well, would you like a gold star for that? No use telling us that you read the thread when you certainly don't show it in your posts. We need reasons to your actions. What are your reasons for thinking Tanz is scum? Your previous post was literally "quote something irrelevant, and toss in some half-assed scumpainting in response".
VoidnOwO
Jinxy
Well, if that's how you interpret it. Slips are when
Jinxy
Whoops hit reply instead of preview, was checking if there were new posts while I got distracted by facebook

Anyway, slips are when something can be interpreted as scummy. I didn't see that from Tanz's post because that was a normal observation that's made in MyLo.

Also, back on topic, how about answering something actually useful instead of arguing about what constitutes a slip and what doesn't:

Jinxy wrote:

We need reasons to your actions. What are your reasons for thinking Tanz is scum?
Lilac

Jinxy wrote:

More discussion = More information for scum and they can then use that information to plan their actions, but there's no use now, more than enough has been today for them to make their plans, thanks to you
And also more information to town as well...your point is essentially moot. The only information they have is roles, that's it.
Jinxy
Do we truly need that information today, though? We could have ended D3 with a NL and gave scum nothing to plan with during N3, before discussing everything to make the best decision D4 where our chances of lynching correctly are at their highest.
Lilac
What decision could possibly be made? The only thing was your role was revealed. They're still going to have a hard time deciding with a PGO and someone who can give a bulletproof.

Even then they don't have all the information, I haven't said all of my role yet. I have one more thing I can do with my role on top of being Inventor and now scum are going to have to figure out what it is and see whether if their plan during N3 is worth it or not. Whether they have to calculate something new or not.

For now, I'm not pressuring to lynch anyone but I ask this question to everyone. If you wanted to lynch today, who would you lynch? (Apart from bloody BRBP.)
Kitsunemimi
Sorry for not posting for so long ;3;
I don't really know what to say at this stage of the game (it IS my second game of mafia ;_;), and I had a bunch of other things to do on the weekend too.

I still think No Lynch can help us gather information tonight. I feel like there's too much at risk at this point. If we make use of our information roles and get the correct lynch on D4, then we can use player connections/PoE to find out who the last scum is.
It sucks that Jinxy is only left with a Voyeur... I guess we could use it to confirm someone along with Jinxy himself, perhaps Lilac since Jinxy is so suspicious of him x:

As for Tanz, I'm thinking he's most likely going to get killed tonight. However, on the off chance that the mafia targets someone else for whatever reason, he can check BRBP (even though he used his oneshot dayvig, he could still be mafia and therefore still have a gun right?) or whoever else he wants I guess.

Also, if I REALLY HAD to lynch someone, it would probably be Dake, because among all of the players here (myself included), we've had the least information on his role and his claim is incredibly ambiguous.
Plus, so far he's almost completely ignored BRBP whereas he has pretty much given everyone else some sort of attention (scum points for everyone lmao). And his post from earlier today, where he actually puts some of his attention on BRBP, seems somewhat friendly/open to him. On top of this, they're both very focused on Tanz, being the only ones who had their votes on him at the end of the day.
Jinxy
So you're claiming your role isn't just an Inventor now? How unique, compared to everyone else.

If I really, absolutely had to lynch today, it'd be you obviously. Claiming it's not MyLo without backing it up... well, to be specific, recently backing it up with an extra ability claim, which I don't buy at all. In my eyes, you're scum that's trying to get us to lynch today when it's harder to hit scum.
Kitsunemimi
Actually, now that I look at it, what's this?

DakeDekaane wrote:

If you think RB doesn't want me lynched then vote him, or it's that you don't want him lynched?
(from Dake's first readlist which I had conveniently linked in my previous post, directed at Tanz I believe)

If I remember correctly, nobody said anything about RB protecting Dake...?
Kitsunemimi
Oh my god I love my new avatar so much.

Ne ne Patchy, you didn't kill Satori-neechan right? ouo
Jinxy
RB's actions were discussed D2 iirc, going to look around there now to see if there's anything new we can interpret from it. Though, I don't really think Dake's scum, since it's highly likely he's a Commuter thanks to Tanz's investigation.

Wiki wrote:

The Commuter is a role that "leaves Town" each Night, thus making them ineligible to be targeted by Night actions. By extension, they cannot use any Night actions they may have.
Assuming pieguy isn't derping around and reinterpreting roles, there's no way Dake can kill as a Commuter.

Also, now that you mentioned it, Dake's character is Patchouli. It seems weird that Patchouli of all people would be scum and killed her friend's sister. Of course, this is all by flavour so relying on it too strongly isn't what I would recommend.
Lilac
I'm pretty sure that Tanz could easily say he checked Dake and then say nothing happened while investigating him which could confirm his role as a scum pair which is my main point for a Dake and Tanz team. There's still a problem though if Tanz was scum and that is why did he make a roleblocker's existence be known if he was scum?

Anyway, getting up now.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
votecount 3.2

No lynch (1) - Jinxy
Tanzklaue (1) - BRBP

deadline is in 31:04
DakeDekaane
Now that I think better, Lilac, why didn't you give the Cop to BRBP, as he's the less likely to be targeted by scum as he's likely to be a VT now?

I know that my claim looks too convenient, but also yours Lilac. The only difference is that nobody can confirm your actions, that's why I doubt of you.

And Kitsune, yes, that was directed to Tanz for this: p/2472995/
He voted RB first and then focused on me when RB was in danger line.
Lilac
Don't trust him enough, I doubt you would either. I still have my doubts that BRBP is town.
Jinxy
Well, we have less than a day left. Does anyone else want to contribute anything? man so this is what happens when a funnier game starts

From Lilac's question, Dake and Tanz haven't answered on who would they choose to lynch if forced to. Could you guys answer this?

I'm still not agreeing to a lynch today if no obvious scum comes out, by the way.
Tanzklaue

Jinxy wrote:

Well, we have less than a day left. Does anyone else want to contribute anything? man so this is what happens when a funnier game starts

From Lilac's question, Dake and Tanz haven't answered on who would they choose to lynch if forced to. Could you guys answer this?

I'm still not agreeing to a lynch today if no obvious scum comes out, by the way.
most likely you, but with the situation we have atm, I don't think lynching would be a good idea.
Kitsunemimi
I'm also leaning towards not lynching anyone unless there's a really good plan.

Also, Dake's response doesn't really satisfy me. You just explained the context. The way you said "if you think RB is on my side then vote him, or maybe you're on his side" just looks like you're trying too hard to deny that you two may be associated, and you're switching around the blame. Also, I still think you trust BRBP too much. Also, as for Lilac, it is possible for someone to mostly confirm his actions (we've just had some uhh... bad luck with that so far), however it's somewhat difficult to confirm your role.
Kitsunemimi
...Well in any case I think we should try to think of something.

Jinxy should be capable of confirming himself along with Lilac if they target the same person tonight. It is true that the person targetted may die tonight, but as long as the actions match up with their claims, that'd be enough for me. If Jinxy dies tonight then the targetted person can still confirm if Lilac is town. However if Lilac dies, then maybe we should have Tanz check Jinxy first, so we'd know if he's the one who kills Lilac or not.

We can also neglect Jinxy and have Tanz target BRBP so we have results on everyone in the game.
I dunno. Somebody think of something more guaranteed for me. I'm just a pink marshmallow~
Tanzklaue

Kitsunemimi wrote:

...Well in any case I think we should try to think of something.

Jinxy should be capable of confirming himself along with Lilac if they target the same person tonight. It is true that the person targetted may die tonight, but as long as the actions match up with their claims, that'd be enough for me. If Jinxy dies tonight then the targetted person can still confirm if Lilac is town. However if Lilac dies, then maybe we should have Tanz check Jinxy first, so we'd know if he's the one who kills Lilac or not.

We can also neglect Jinxy and have Tanz target BRBP so we have results on everyone in the game.
I dunno. Somebody think of something more guaranteed for me. I'm just a pink marshmallow~
me targetting BRBP won't help us as far as I'm concerned.he as a dayvig should still carry guns around, though I can't know for sure ofc.

your method for confirming both liac and jinxy has the same problem that exists with me confirming dake; if they are both scum, then they can just lie. basically nobody can be really confirmed at this point I think.the only confirmations that could happen would be me dying, which would confirm dake if no shenanignans happened.
Kitsunemimi
In my opinion, the likelihood of them both being scum is low, especially after seeing their behaviour with each other here on the third day. There's always a small chance of pretty much any scenario, as you can't 100% confirm anyone to be town, but I'm willing to leave the less likely possibilities to the side because we won't get anywhere if we don't.

Also I thought you said dayvigs don't carry guns. And if he wasn't lying about what he said, he should be VT now.
Kitsunemimi
Why does nobody post here anymore ;___;
Damn you mafia it's all your fault for killing fart ;__;
Topic Starter
pieguyn
deadline is in 14:21
VoidnOwO
Tanzklaue

BRBP wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

me targetting BRBP won't help us as far as I'm concerned.he as a dayvig should still carry guns around, though I can't know for sure ofc.
My daykill was a spell, not a "physical" weapon. Unless you can detect used spells too (wat), it could help if you targeted me.
Except that you're scum and you targeting me kills me
I thought I already established that for reasons mere humans cannot comprehend every role that would normally have a gun flavour still has it.

and as much as I wish I could kill you, I sadly can't. because you get really annoying.

I also consulted the almighty wiki, and yea, lyncher seems like a possibility. lyncher gets commonly paired with a one-shot kill ability. like you conveniently have. but like already established, we don't really have any obvious 100% scum yet, and the deadline is almost reached. I won't be here before the deadline hits, so I will give my vote now.

Vote: No Lynch
Lilac
Lyncher would have a one-shot lynch ability. At least I did in Video Game mafia.

With 12 hours left I guess I'll claim that I have a night vig and I'll either shoot Dake or Jinx at this point. No objections? Good.
Tanzklaue

Lilac wrote:

Lyncher would have a one-shot lynch ability. At least I did in Video Game mafia.

With 12 hours left I guess I'll claim that I have a night vig and I'll either shoot Dake or Jinx at this point. No objections? Good.
so you are a nightvig?

why do you have 2 PRs? why do you tell us now that you have nightvig, which can be claimed as scum rather easily, since you can back up the kill?

also, we are at mylo, and shooting the wrong person ends in town losing. using the vig ability now is literally the worst thing you could do, if you are town.it's literally the dumbest thing, because it basically nullifies the no lynch, but instead of losing because the entity of town decided to misslynch, it is upon ones hand.

all in all, a weak claim, and if it is a true claim, then it would be really dumb to shoot.
Lilac
Then you'll know whether I'll shoot the right person or not. It's also why I wanted a lynch on someone as to lessen the chances of hitting the wrong person.

You can deny the claim but it won't matter if you see two dead bodies tomorrow night.
Tanzklaue
actually, no.

shoot dake. if I am right, then he shouldn't die. if I am wrong, then he is scum and we don't care.

if he still flips town, gg dake, you messed up.
Lilac
Are you essentially telling me to waste a vig shot on a guy who has the possibility to hide? Don't get me wrong, I think his role is rubbish but it might be a well-constructed piece of rubbish.

I'm fairly certain if he's a Godfather he'd have some sorta one shot bulletproof thing rendering my shot null too.
Tanzklaue
are you essentially telling me that you planned to shoot jinxy either way and just threw dake out there for good measures?

again, a godfather would have given me a result. I got a no result on him. he isn't a godfather.
your shot essentially will be wasted in any case other than hitting scum. if you waste it on the guy who maybe won't fall dead when you look at him funny (and then shoot a gun), you not only confirm the guy for yourself, but also town isn't dead. it's win-win.
Tanzklaue
essentially, you sound liek you are afraid of not killing two people tonight. why are you so eager to kill a second person this night? or do you trust yourself that you can block the mafia nightkill?
show more