forum

Touhou PyP IV (Game over - Mafia wins :>)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tanzklaue
also, lilac, could you be by any chance be nitori? seeing how I wanted her aswell (she was the first of my 3 options), you have a cosplay of her according to your post history, and how I ended up with my second choice, nazrin.

either her, or yuuka. or someone you didn't ever mention in this forum (but that would be a useless breadcrumb for everyone but a selected few. also I believe you are female when you cosplay a lot of female characters?)
fartownik

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Lilac already explained why he calls me Hina, it's the legitimate reason.
Why would he do that in the first place? Why to such an obnoxious, weird thing? Maybe for someone to pick it up and then be able to claim something pretty convenient.
Kitsunemimi
Don't ask me why, he was the one who did it.

Again, I said he probably hadn't expect me to pick Hina in the first place.
fartownik
He did it for someone to notice (JInxy) so you have a reason to claim so people stay away from you during the night and the only way to kill you would be a lynch.
Kitsunemimi
So are you saying I'm a mafia-aligned PGO then? Wouldn't that be a bit OP? Also, if I were, I would've went with drawing attention to myself so everyone else gets killed, instead of trying to push it away from me.

Also, what you just suggested is so risky. In order for someone to have figured out the case, first of all, someone MUST pick up Lilac's reference to my character. Second of all, someone MUST target me during the night, and die. I never planned for it to happen, nor have I even made a single effort for towards that (because I'm trying to avoid getting townies killed here). And thirdly, someone had to have been able to connect the 'unfortunate' death of whoever targetted me to myself. I don't even know the extent to Jinxy's knowledge of Touhou, there's no way we can rely on a method like this which is so reliant on uncontrolled variables. No way I would do it anyways.

Plus, it goes against what I suggested in the first place, that is, if I were Mafia PGO, I'd already be trying to get people to come get me checked.
fartownik
That's why he made that breadcrumb so early, it was not the main tactic of yours, it was more like a gambit. Also I don't say you're a mafia-aligned PGO, I say you are lying about your role. No one would check you during the night, because they would be afraid of dying. This is pretty smart.
Kitsunemimi
Then what would the cause of Rantai's death be?

A serial killer? Pushed him down the stairs?
fartownik

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Possibly? I don't think flavor should determine the role tbh.
Tanzklaue

fartownik wrote:

Kitsunemimi wrote:

flavour does hint at the role. up until now, every claim made sense, and the flavour fitted the role.

especially since pieguy said that he would chose a character and give that character a fitting role.
Kitsunemimi

fartownik wrote:

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Seriously? I really hope you don't mean that "Touhou PyP" in the game name has no significance in the roles we get.

Unless you meant that the role doesn't have to fit the action in which case I ask you: do you think it's more likely that an SK performed his kill by pushing Rantai down the stairs (when SK kills are usually just denoted by just "killed"), or he just game to visit me, and de to my terrible bad luck, he tripped down the stairs, hit his head, and actually died from it.

I think the 'hit his head' part is important here.
Kitsunemimi
Oh my god I suck at typing on my phone.

he just came to visit me, and due to my terrible bad luck*
fartownik
Yes, I meant the cause of death shouldn't be a tell of someone's role.
Kitsunemimi
Tbh I think it's a pretty normal thing to make the kill indicative of the role of the person who killed them... That's the whole point of having a story, isn't it?
fartownik
Yes, when it's an open setup with known roles, but if the host does that with a closed one, when all the roles are unknown it's pretty much spoiling the game.
fartownik
Also the only thing that the stupid no lynch gave us is a possibility of scum being in that wagon, and it's high. You simply let mafia pick whoever they wanted to kill while keeping WIFOM and letting them hide as much information as they need. Also if we lynched D1 we'd have some useful information before the night which could interfere with the actual night actions for the better. Also obvious chance for hitting scum D1 was lost.

That's why I think there's at least 1 scum in that damn wagon.
Kitsunemimi
So then it's just a coincidence that someone died in a rather mundane way which makes it look like it has something to do with bad luck, which is what I had supposedly been wanting to happen so that I can fakeclaim Hina as PGO?
Tanzklaue
fart, if we had lynched, then we would be probably in a MyLo situation now.
fartownik
Fine, you're most likely not lying. Your train of thought and the answers for my questions seem Town, which also leans Lilac Town a bit more too.

Leaves Tanzklaue and RB from the no lynch wagon. I had a townread on Tanz and a possible scumread for all the game on RB, so it's him. He's probably scum with Kanye (good coincidence there).

Unvote
Vote: RB
Raging Bull
I voted NL since Tanz said pressuring Lilac won't do anything within that hour before lynch even occurs.
Lilac
Vote: RB.

You should have realised that before you even voted for me. It seemed to me that you were voting to waste time instead of either voting one of the two people that was close to being lynched or no lynching much earlier.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
votecount 2.1:

Raging Bull (2) - fartownik, Lilac

deadline is in 82:51
Tanzklaue
let's look even deeper into this issue...

up until RBs vote on lilac,it was a tie between the kanye bandwaggon and the tanz bandwaggon. if RB had stayed on the waggon, then lilac most likely would've voted kanye. neither the klaue nor the no lynch waggon could've beaten the kanye waggon. result: kanye dead.

with his unvote though, the kanye waggon was basically dead. there was no chance to bring the kanye waggon over the tanz waggon, and I would've been dead. now, of course I would now switch to the NL waggon in order to not get myself lynched, and lilac would join the waggon. result: kanye doesn't get lynched.

so what I am saying is: for some reason, RB didn't want kanye to get lynched. he didn't care in the end if I had been lynched or if no lynch gets through. there really wasn't that much reason for RB to not push a kanye lynch. at least no town motivated reasons.

overall, I think i have to let kanye get away another day.

Royston
Let's turn the heat up.

Vote: Raging Bull
Lilac
Unvote.

Not risking a quick hammer. I wanted to build pressure only.
VoidnOwO
:)
Raging Bull

Tanzklaue wrote:

let's look even deeper into this issue...

up until RBs vote on lilac,it was a tie between the kanye bandwaggon and the tanz bandwaggon. if RB had stayed on the waggon, then lilac most likely would've voted kanye. neither the klaue nor the no lynch waggon could've beaten the kanye waggon. result: kanye dead.

with his unvote though, the kanye waggon was basically dead. there was no chance to bring the kanye waggon over the tanz waggon, and I would've been dead. now, of course I would now switch to the NL waggon in order to not get myself lynched, and lilac would join the waggon. result: kanye doesn't get lynched.

so what I am saying is: for some reason, RB didn't want kanye to get lynched. he didn't care in the end if I had been lynched or if no lynch gets through. there really wasn't that much reason for RB to not push a kanye lynch. at least no town motivated reasons.

overall, I think i have to let kanye get away another day.

Raging Bull
fuck my internet this is what I wanted to say.

I voted for Lilac because of how he looked like he knew there was 3 people in a scum team. His questioning on Kitsune looked faked and staged too me as a way for distancing, especially with such a time zone difference and the time between the replies. And him wanting to vote but feel uncomfortable for voting. There shouldn't be a reason why.

You are reading way too much into it if I cared you got lynch or if I wanted NL. I stated why I thought Lilac was scum so I in turn voted for him. Then you stated how there is no point in pressuring Lilac at that point anymore and by the time I even get to reply, people just went on the no lynch wagon. Either I voted for you or Kanye or go for NL at that point of time no longer made a difference.
Lilac
There's a lot of things that don't add up...and honestly there's just one big problem.

Vote: RB. Why the hell did you not vote for me again? I'm only uncomfortable in voting when I don't have a reason to vote for someone and I even said that when I wanted to vote for Kanye but didn't have my computer to do it.

Trust me, I'm having a hard time deciding who's scum and you're not helping. So you'll need something much more to convince at least me why you aren't scum.

You're welcome, too.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
votecount 2.2:

Raging Bull (4) - fartownik, Tanzklaue, Royston, Lilac (L-1)
Tanzklaue (1) - BRBP

deadline is in 71:04
Raging Bull
Okay so let me see.

I didn't vote for you because I wanted to give you a chance and see how the hell you got 3 scum. You did and gave me the formula and so I also looked around games and they did tend to follow it. So that was one huge chunk of suspicion you helped removed. Also you didn't even stated you wanted Kanye to get lynched, you only mentioned Tanz. You also mentioned you were strongly against no lynching and after Rantai went on no lynch too, you just decided to go on no lynch. You could have tried to convince even more instead of just hopping on it, but yet you easily gave up. If you really were going to try hard and scum hunt, you shouldn't give up at all.

Honestly, the way it grew, at least one scum is on my wagon. My suspicion is still on you, but obviously voting on you would just make it OMGUS at this point.

@fart, what have I done that gave you a scum read on me?
Lilac
I am actually severely handicapped right about now since I have capped internet until 11th of this month. Not to mentioned I'm stressed out about this game but ignore that.

1. There's nothing wrong with an OMGUS vote, screw the haters, if you have a valid reason to vote for someone like me then bloody do it and make it a good case against me.

2. I did mention about a Kanye lynch being better than a Tanz one. I would dig up a quote but I'm having trouble posting enough as is now, look at the posts by me leading up to the no lynch.

3. I had 50 minutes to convince 2 other people that no lynching was terrible. Do you know how improbable that was to do?

4. I tried near the beginning of the day on 3 different people to try and scumhunt. Mimi, Tanz and BRBP. I don't want to give up but when 3 town are dead that takes a complete morale blow like you would never believe.

Come on, mate. At least help me if you can't help yourself.
fartownik

Lilac wrote:

3. I had 50 minutes to convince 2 other people that no lynching was terrible. Do you know how improbable that was to do?

Lilac wrote:

Vote: No Lynch

Ugh. Far out. My computer is way too slow to load so I'm using 3G. As much as I said I do not like this I don't think I can convince anyone now to think otherwise and I do concede that another possible town lynch could be really bad.

I will get to the bottom of this.
So you just voted No Lynch because you thought it's a terrible idea? Hm, interesting. Actually, if you hadn't done anything at that point, Tanz would be lynched. He had 3 votes on himself, same for No Lynch, but he'd get lynched because he got 3 votes first. Also - Kanye had 2 votes, you could've either: vote Kanye, vote Tanz or do nothing when you thought No Lynch was a bad idea, but you voted it anyways.

Unvote
Tanzklaue

fartownik wrote:

Lilac wrote:

Lilac wrote:

Vote: No Lynch

Ugh. Far out. My computer is way too slow to load so I'm using 3G. As much as I said I do not like this I don't think I can convince anyone now to think otherwise and I do concede that another possible town lynch could be really bad.

I will get to the bottom of this.
So you just voted No Lynch because you thought it's a terrible idea? Hm, interesting. Actually, if you hadn't done anything at that point, Tanz would be lynched. He had 3 votes on himself, same for No Lynch, but he'd get lynched because he got 3 votes first. Also - Kanye had 2 votes, you could've either: vote Kanye, vote Tanz or do nothing when you thought No Lynch was a bad idea, but you voted it anyways.

Unvote
at that point of time, I would'e voted NL regardless of what lilac would've voted. NL would've happened either way.
Tanzklaue
also, what lilac said wasn't that he/she (could someone please answer ;;) voted NL because it's a terrible idea, but because the high potential of hitting town is even worse, considering how one townie was already dead.
fartownik

Tanzklaue wrote:

at that point of time, I would'e voted NL regardless of what lilac would've voted. NL would've happened either way.
Yep, but still - the fact that he voted No Lynch even before your vote is weird. If he voted Kanye, he'd have 3 votes, and then you could vote Kanye too so he'd be lynched. Reason - he didn't want Kanye lynched. It's funny because you mentioned RB didn't want Kanye lynched and now it's up on Lilac, with you in the case. Either way, Kanye is scum, so I will just vote him because he's slipping there for far too long.

Vote: Kanye
Tanzklaue

fartownik wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

Yep, but still - the fact that he voted No Lynch even before your vote is weird. If he voted Kanye, he'd have 3 votes, and then you could vote Kanye too so he'd be lynched. Reason - he didn't want Kanye lynched. It's funny because you mentioned RB didn't want Kanye lynched and now it's up on Lilac, with you in the case. Either way, Kanye is scum, so I will just vote him because he's slipping there for far too long.

Vote: Kanye
I couldn't have voted kanye.

the reason: the scond vote on him after yours was mine.
there was no possibility to get 4 votes on kanye without RBs support, as the rest didn't want to lynch kanye.
fartownik

Tanzklaue wrote:

I couldn't have voted kanye.

the reason: the scond vote on him after yours was mine.
there was no possibility to get 4 votes on kanye without RBs support, as the rest didn't want to lynch kanye.
Oh shit, I didn't notice that.

It doesn't change the fact that Lilac voted something he thought was a bad idea. No Lynch itself is a way to decrease the losses in Town population, so he contradicted himself there. The vote was just too convenient.
Lilac
It's probably because I didn't know how the votes worked but I wouldn't vote for someone with that little time to think. I'm not sure why I wanted a No Lynch at the end but I really don't know anything anymore...

Let me just think for a bit. I'll get back to all of you tomorrow when I'll actually try and get my thoughts straight.
fartownik
@mod: deadline please
Lilac
Should be around 68 hours from now.
show more