forum

Touhou PyP IV (Game over - Mafia wins :>)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura
Exactly, you must look at intent, which is why I'm voting Tanz.
Kitsunemimi
I'm also reminded that if we're all really unsure, then it's still possible to go for No Lynch, but that might not be such a good idea after all...?
Sakura
The fact that there's a 2-shot reviver, means that anything could happen

inb4 town reviver to counter scum dayvig.
Sakura

Kitsunemimi wrote:

I'm also reminded that if we're all really unsure, then it's still possible to go for No Lynch, but that might not be such a good idea after all...?
Actually it would, we already lost 1 towny today, we could assume we lynched NH instead.

Vote: No Lynch
Kitsunemimi

Raging Bull wrote:

BRBP to me is just.....i don't know. His actions weren't justified and just because he's a dayvig doesn't confirm he's town I suppose. Honestly, even I used the wiki when I was checking dayvig. Maybe pieguy isn't a bastard mod, but you'll never know. Of course I could be wrong.
Remember when BRBP made his post to reply to all of the suspicions held against him? Since pieguy had confirmed his dayvig status afterwards, that also most likely means that everything he said in that post was true. I had grilled him pretty hard with the post I made too, and considering how close he was to the fire, as well as his previous (thoughtless?) contradictions/errors, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't lie about anything in that post, in which he did explicitly state that he was 1-shot dayvig, town aligned. Combine that with the likelyhood of a mafia aligned dayvig, and he's almost certainly town.

You can pretty much never be 100% sure, but that's kind of how mafia is... right?
Sakura
As I said, we already had 1 casualty today, let's keep it that way I don't want to risk having 2 townies dead in the case both tanz and kanye are both town.
Kitsunemimi
Alright I think I'll stick a vote in No Lynch for now, and hope this works out for the better >_<

Vote: No lynch

If this goes through, then Kanye, I really really hope you use the time to start to posting more, as it would help us settle this debate.
If you STILL continue with your inactivity, then I'm going to start to see that as pretty suspicious...
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Votecount 1.8:

Tanzklaue (3) - Royston, Lilac, Kanye West
Kanye West (3) - Raging Bull, fartownik, Tanzklaue
No lynch (2) - Sakura, Kitsunemimi
Jinxy (1) - BRBP
fartownik (1) - Jinxy

deadline is in 9:42
btw, in case I didn't mention it before, ties go to the player who had the most votes before the tie
Lilac
Unvote.

There is no way I'm taking the risk for now on voting for Tanz even if I think that the idea of a Gunsmith being around as that could be either Town or Mafia and that the mafia scenario is griping at me. I can't do a deduction of a vote while hearing a math lecture at the same time while typing this but I think I have a good enough idea now as to what to do at night tonight.

I'll explain why I have two possible scum teams in mind. A no lynch though, is a very terrible idea in my eyes. Even though we already have a town down, leaving a day without a lynch means a day that town leaves without an informed decision on who is mafia. A Kanye lynch will see whether one of the possible scum teams that I have in mind are true.

I will explain more when I can.
Raging Bull
Unvote

Vote:Lilac

Somehow it looks as though you are just gonna go along with the lynch and not get involved. Recent behavior has been rather irritating me. You've been hopping around back and forth way too much for me.

Lilac wrote:

I also forgot about the possibility of a Serial Killer to balance the mafia of 3. That is definitely a possibility.
Scumslip? How do you know there are 3 mafias?

I also cannot tell if the small little thing on Kitsunemimi was just distancing. Within one hour of your post, you voted for Kitsune and then unvoted. Used day chat to coordinate this little scene?

And then afterwards, you switched so fast to tanz to perhaps join up on his bandwagon that was starting to happen. You said you were going to post reasoning, yet it never happened. Seems as though you targetted Kitsunemimi first then Tanz so tanz would have a harder time to give a reply without saying exactly what Kitsunemimi said.

Also rantai is my new hero

Rantai wrote:

In less subtle words, come at me now. We'll see how good you are.
Lilac
The formula for the most optimal mafia game is m divide by the square root of P, where m is the number of mafia and P is the number of players. I don't know if there are three mafia but I am confident that there is.

I did go for Tanz in the hope of getting reason on him but, like I said in my previous post, I just did not have the time to think straight while in class and I still can't right now when I'm out and about to get home. I'm not getting involved in any lynch because I can not focus right now on to who I want to lynch. I probably won't get home in time before the hammer occurs but I will explain everything tomorrow.
Lilac
EBWOP: Tomorrow as in the next day in this game.
Raging Bull
so...square root of 12 = mafia?
Lilac
Yes. That's how I see it. Use that number to also resolve how much kills and lunches it takes to get to Lylo and that's how I see that formula can hold true.
Lilac
lynches* My phone does that a lot.
Raging Bull
What do you think about Kitsunemimi right now? What is your stance on his(her not sure) no lynch that he offered?
VoidnOwO
:)
Lilac
I think I already stated my stance on this.

Lilac wrote:

Even though we already have a town down, leaving a day without a lynch means a day that town leaves without an informed decision on who is mafia. A Kanye lynch will see whether one of the possible scum teams that I have in mind are true.
Reason I didn't vote for Kanye is because I was not in the right mindset at the time to give a reason and I would never vote anyone without a well thought out reason behind it.
Tanzklaue
deadline is approaching.

RB, pressuring lilac now means that you go indirectly for a lynch against me. if you don't want that, then you shouldn't keep your vote on lilac.

I'm all for pressuring different people, but the deadline is too close to do much pressuring now.
Lilac
If memory serves there's about 50 minutes left or maybe even less so just hang on until I get home. I'll figure something out even though I'm starving. I will get home in about less than 30 so that should be barely enough time to get something out. This is like a marathon guys, stay with me here.
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Votecount 1.(9):

Tanzklaue (3) - Royston, Kanye West, BRBP
Kanye West (2) - fartownik, Tanzklaue
No lynch (2) - Sakura, Kitsunemimi
fartownik (1) - Jinxy
Lilac (1) - Raging Bull

deadline is in 0:53
Tanzklaue

Lilac wrote:

If memory serves there's about 50 minutes left or maybe even less so just hang on until I get home. I'll figure something out even though I'm starving. I will get home in about less than 30 so that should be barely enough time to get something out. This is like a marathon guys, stay with me here.
for me it's like I'm in CPR.

RB, why would you chose now out of all moments to pressure lilac? if you're unsure about kanye being scum after all, say it. if you still think he is likely scum, or more likely than me, then vote him. or else I am most likely dead.
Rantai

Sakura wrote:

Actually it would, we already lost 1 towny today, we could assume we lynched NH instead.

Holy crap, something in that pile of arguments that makes sense.

Taking a lynch now (with high probability of mislynch) means we're likely going to have to take a no-lynch somewhere down the track anyway (going on the assumption of a 3:9 ratio) because of the messed up numbers. I'd say better to do it now than later.

Vote: No lynch

God I wish my placement ended earlier.
Lilac

Ugh. Far out. My computer is way too slow to load so I'm using 3G. As much as I said I do not like this I don't think I can convince anyone now to think otherwise and I do concede that another possible town lynch could be really bad.

I will get to the bottom of this.
Tanzklaue

there won't be a kanye lynch, so there is no reason for me not to vote no lynch now.
Raging Bull
vote no lynch
Topic Starter
pieguyn
oh great sorry for late I was watching Railgun S o.o

Votecount 1.10:

No lynch (6) - Sakura, Kitsunemimi, Rantai, Lilac, Tanzklaue, Raging Bull
Tanzklaue (3) - Royston, Kanye West, BRBP
Kanye West (1) - fartownik
fartownik (1) - Jinxy

*slowly opens door and enters room*
uuu...have you all figured out who did this.. > <

After much commotion and yelling, even after it was supposed to be figured out, the general consensus was that they were going to lynch someone named No Lynch.
hey, what kind of person would be named No Lynch?
No wait, they didn't want to lynch anyone.
but I want justice NOW > < and it's no fun if we don't get to kill anyone... oh well, I guess it can't be helped...
Remi spoke in a sad voice. it seems you made her sad, way to go you heartless people @_@

It is N1. The deadline is 8/1 9:00 GMT, 23:43 from now
Topic Starter
pieguyn
Everyone woke up. However, they immediately noticed something was wrong. As they went from the second floor of the mansion where their rooms were down to the first, they immediately saw a petite figure with horns passed out at the bottom, bleeding. They immediately recognized it as Ibuki Suika, so they figured she just got drunk or something, but when they looked at her, it turned out she hit her head and died..

Rantai (Ibuki Suika) - Neighborizer - fell down a staircase N1

once everyone got downstairs, they immediately noticed someone else was missing. she was so cheerful, plus she was beautifully dressed as a miko.. how could anyone ever forget? They immediately ran back to her room only to find she was stabbed while she was sleeping..

Sakura (Kochiya Sanae) - 2-shot VT Reviver - killed N1

so 2 people died? uuu..this is getting weird, we must figure out what's going on quickly. let's go again ~

It is D2. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. The deadline is 8/5 9:00 GMT (95:36 from now)
VoidnOwO
:)
Tanzklaue
I got no result, so I guess I got roleblocked :/

I targeted lilac for the record.
also we have either a SK or a vig amongst us. since there already was a dayvig, and the killmessage says something special, I would say it's probably a SK.
Tanzklaue
nvm sakura has a stabbed message, so we can't actually conclude anything from that :/
Raging Bull
I'm still curious about Lilac knowing there was 3 scum. Is what Lilac formula really true?
Raging Bull
Well actually....

@Mod, does Neighborizer die if he recruits mafia?
Topic Starter
pieguyn

Raging Bull wrote:

Well actually....

@Mod, does Neighborizer die if he recruits mafia?
nope
Masonizer is the one that dies in this case :P
Lilac

Raging Bull wrote:

I'm still curious about Lilac knowing there was 3 scum. Is what Lilac formula really true?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

I got a bit distraught there. Give me a bit while I have dinner.
Tanzklaue
@mod: would we know if rantai was suicidal?

if he was then that could explain why he was so uninterested in this game.

or he just got vigkilled/SK killed and was bored by this game for real.
Topic Starter
pieguyn

Tanzklaue wrote:

@mod: would we know if rantai was suicidal?
yes
Jinxy
I get the feeling Rantai's death description is trying to hint to the killer's identity, it's way too different when compared to Sakura's. It certainly sounds... unlucky...

So I'm wondering about this post from Lilac:
[quote="Lilac":1337]Here's why. This was a quote that Hina/Mimi said about Tanz.Is that some sort of nickname, or...?
Kanye West

Raging Bull wrote:

Well from a pure game balance perspective, 20-30% of players should be scum so 3 scum makes the most sense. 2 mafia and 1 sk is the most probable outcome based on what happened at night because I don't think we would have 2 vigs.
Lilac
Mi long ago actually cosplayed as Hina. I adored his cosplay so I called him that for quite a bit. Still do now.

Second hint. My character is someone I have a cosplay of too. Not much of a hint but eh.
show more