forum

[duplicate] Fun Spoiler - Disable skin, keep custom colors

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
montymintypie
My old method of deleting skin assets has now been made obsolete with the update to fun spoilers (play once, disable all the things).

However, some maps have some very aesthetically pleasing custom coloursets which are removed when disabling the skin, but not when deleting/moving the skin images from the map folder.

An example:
Custom colours on (ignore the skin itself, it was just faster to disable in the editor)
Custom colours off

It'd be awesome if one could remove the custom skin yet retain the custom colours of the map assets.

I've used search to the best of my ability, apologies if this is a repeat, blah blah new user bollocks...
Jarby
Colours aren't really part of the skin, are they? I'd consider it more of a bug.
Topic Starter
montymintypie

Jarby wrote:

Colours aren't really part of the skin, are they? I'd consider it more of a bug.
Should I crosspost to the bugs section?
blissfulyoshi
Some people prefer the standard colors for visibility, so I highly doubt this is a bug
Topic Starter
montymintypie

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Some people prefer the standard colors for visibility, so I highly doubt this is a bug
Especially since some maps are entirely in black and white which is an absolute pain in the ass for visibility, at least for me. Making it optional would be awesome.
Royston
I think the best solution would be to split the current option into two, one being a disable skin option and the other an option to use default combo colours.
bwross
I wouldn't say that it's a bug... the colours are really part of the skin. But so are the hit sounds, and the two are quite similar in that custom hit sounds can provide a thematic tonal colour to hits. So I think it's pretty reasonable to separate out the circle colours too.
Wishy
Just add make it two options --> Ignore map's skin and Ignore map's hit colors. I think this should be indeed added since some people may like playing with map's hit colors and BG w/o skin.
theowest
ok wow, seems like I was wrong about this feature request. The example you provided is what I'm talking about in the following box.

but anyways, this would be a great if you want to keep the combo colours but you don't want the skin of the beatmap. This isn't a bug because you do want to use your own combo colours in many cases and the only way to do so, so far is to use this disable skin option. Now to satisfy both of these problems we'd have to separate the two options.

So one option called "Disable Skin"
and another one called "Use default combo colours" (which btw can be changed by fiddling in the skin.ini)

About the editor screenshots you used as examples
This is most definitely a bug and not the intended behaviour. (About the default combo colours infecting the editor) It's rather annoying.

When modding you are suppose to see their combo colours, in case they should be changed. You should map with the combo colours you've picked, if you don't like them or they don't fit on the background, why did you pick them?

The current way of changing the combo colours back to the original is to change the visual settings again, you should be able to do so in the editor if this is an intended behaviour after all.

edit: Let me rephrase myself: Why do I think this is a bug?
To change the combo colours back to the map's colours you have to go back to the menu, go to song select in any of the game modes, uncheck the checkbox for disable skin in the visual settings, and then go to the map you were editing. This is just annoying when you're often playtesting with different mods and like to play with different combo colours. edit: or if you have a map specific skin you don't want to play with when you're testing the map.

In case it was meant to be intended: You should be able to access the visual settings in test mode or being able to change back to the map's combo colours in the editor.
Saten
Should be in tech support imo

Combo Color seems to be the only thing that is stuck after playing. It follows you when editing the actual map
The other toggles seems to be normal (as in default state)

The dimming used to be remained in the editor, but it was fixed efterwards

theowest wrote:

In case it was meant to be intended: You should be able to access the visual settings in test mode or being able to change back to the map's combo colours in the editor.
Would be nice
But it seems strange that only the combo colors are affected.

Edit: I thought it was about the editor, sorry
merchat7

peppy wrote:

This is already possible by using the "disable skin" option in visual settings.
From this thread, so it's more than likely not a bug. However, the thing with editor seems to be and should be perhaps reported.
theowest

merchat7 wrote:

peppy wrote:

This is already possible by using the "disable skin" option in visual settings.
From this thread, so it's more than likely not a bug. However, the thing with editor seems to be and should be perhaps reported.
that's not about editing the beatmap Sorry I was talking about how the disable skin option forces maps you're editing to use the default combo colours. Yeah, the thing about the editor should indeed be reported.

edit: ok wow, seems like I was wrong about this feature request. The example you provided is what I'm talking about in the previous box.

but anyways, this would be a great if you want to keep the combo colours but you don't want the skin of the beatmap. This isn't a bug because you do want to use your own combo colours in many cases and the only way to do so, so far is to use this disable skin option. Now to satisfy both of these problems we'd have to separate the two options.

So one option called "Disable Skin"
and another one called "Use default combo colours" (which btw can be changed by fiddling in the skin.ini)
onotoleonide
ye!!!!!!!