forum

Hirtcircles don't work ;s help plz !SOLVED!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dogan
Hi all,

Working on some Naruto skin for a friend of mine, but my hitcircles don't seem to work.
Anyone know why?
Low
Hello.

Make sure that the hitcircle file is exactly 128 x 128. When you're done making it, place it into the skin folder. Make sure the hitcircle is named "hitcircle.png" when it goes into the folder. If it's not named that, it will not work.
N A L U
Probably the name of the hitcircle image is wrong. Like Jacob said above.
-change the name into hitcircle.png
-Or put hitcircle.png in correct folder
-Check the size of it.
Topic Starter
Dogan
Alright I'll try that, thanks you 2! :D

EDIT: Haha, it seems I totally forgot to put the file into the skinfolder. I've got a folder in my pictures folder with all the textures, so I mistook that one for the skin itself XD

BUT... It still doesn't work.. I've checked the name and the size, they're both right.. So.. Could it be something else? Is there another texture that HAS to be there for it to work?

T.I.A!
Shiro
Have you even selected your skin in the client ?...
Topic Starter
Dogan
yh, I have, Odaril. That's why I know the circles don't work. Nothing appears at skin select screen, and I can't load song.
^^
Hanyuu
  1. Go to your osu! folder.
  2. Open the "Skins" folder.
  3. Here create a new folder and call it "Naruto Skin".
  4. Open the folder "Naruto Skin".
  5. Move your hitcircle.png picture there.
  6. Start osu! and click options.
  7. Select your skin there
:P
Wassaaaa

Dogan wrote:

yh, I have, Odaril. That's why I know the circles don't work. Nothing appears at skin select screen, and I can't load song.
^^
the file skin.ini exists?
Hakurouken
Hitcircle.png =/= hitcircle.png (dont use capital letters)

Also, you have wrote on the topic's title "Hirtcircles" maybe thats the problem?
Topic Starter
Dogan
Wassaa It does. I wasn't too clear by the way, I meant that in the skin select screen the hitcircles don't appear. I can select the screen and everything I 've done so far is there, but the circles. .ini exists, but do I have to do anything special there? 'Cuz I just used a .ini of another skin as example.

Hakurouken they're lowercased and the 'r' was a title misstype, 's'is just there 'cuz I meant the plural. The document is fine..

Could it maybe be that the picture is .. idk.. unusable or something? I mean, anything should be possiuble as long as the size is correct, right?
Hanyuu
Yeah it is .png file format and if the size is correct too it should work. You dont really need a skin.ini file to make it work. It should work anyways. Just use none or use the skin.ini file from the default skin and write in your name and all those things. Can you upload your hitcircle somewhere? I want to see what is wrong :D
Topic Starter
Dogan
...Hanyuu, thanks for saying the .ini isn't necassary. I deleted it, I didn't think it would work, but I tried it anywayz... And it worked!
<3

Thanks all for replying!
Mitsuneko
Have you put the skin in the forums yet? Because I want it XD
Topic Starter
Dogan
Haha, well, it's not like.. super-duper-awesome... Just some Naruto skin I made for a friend... But, if you really want it I can put it up, just some little things to change, I'll do those tomorow. If you want me to I'll post it after.. But you'll be disappointed I think xD