forum

Choose Colors For the Beatmap Selection Menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
theMikeAG
I think it would be nice if we could choose which colors to use in the Beatmap Selection Menu. I'm sure that I wouldn't be the first skinner to want to change the menu colors to something more fitting in our skins.

This seems like it could be added to the Skin File, and the colors could be picked similarly to the slider overrides.

For further clarification, I'm referring to the boxes in this Menu. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/140952
Suimya
why
Shohei Ohtani
Those black bars are kinda uggy ;~;
Waryas
Ekaru

-Sekai- wrote:

why
Because black, white, and shades of grey would be significantly cooler and you know it. :P
Suimya

Ekaru wrote:

-Sekai- wrote:

why
Because black, white, and shades of grey would be significantly cooler and you know it. :P
lol OOH that i think it will be great maybe i think so xD

1/2 support other half i dont know =o=
Topic Starter
theMikeAG
One of the ideas I was thinking about was coloring the buttons and then setting Osu to only lightly color them or not at all. Take Xion's Nexus skin. You know the Blue Menu would look epic, but Osu tried to color it orange, giving it an ugly shade of green. Lovely.

ziin
Colorization approximations:

Currently Selected Beatmap difficulty: 255,255,255
Other difficulties in currently selected beatmap: 0,96,255
Other difficulties in currently selected beatmap (unplayed): 96,160,255
Beatmap with multiple difficulties: 255,128,0
Beatmap with one difficulty: 255,0,0
Beatmap with one difficulty (unplayed): 255,128,128

You can play around with the colors if you want if you know how osu colors stuff. I'm always for more customization, but this one seems just as unlikely as many of the other skin requests.

In general though, it's a good idea to leave the colorization at default and ensure that anything that will be colorized is grayscale.
mm201
If we can skin the boxes, we should be able to skin the colours, right?
(Most other skinning requests haven't been added thus far because they depend on a map-specific skin.ini, which is a pain, but will have to be done eventually to enable skinnable slider tracks.)