forum

More privileges for room creator in multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +618
show more
H_Hitachiin
This would be pretty cool to have.
Kuro
Support! but alas no stars to give :(
Topic Starter
jabberwockey
btw is it still "host" or "creator" would be an other feature?
I think creator could be another feature.
deadbeat
you made this request for the creator of the room....
are you changing it to host now?
Topic Starter
jabberwockey

deadbeat wrote:

lol no oops
I didn't actually understand his question
ReVeNg3r

deadbeat wrote:

but host is transferable and creator shouldn't be (as i read in posts above) so?
Yarissa
I think it would be a great idea for the creator to differ from the host. Each should have their own unique priveledges. A lot could be done with MP as it is to make it more of an awesome party fest
Topic Starter
jabberwockey

ReVeNg3r wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

but host is transferable and creator shouldn't be (as i read in posts above) so?

I am still not getting your question XD
I am requesting that the creator should get these privileges, and they should be non-transferable.
she_old

Kaoru wrote:

I think it would be a great idea for the creator to differ from the host. Each should have their own unique priveledges. A lot could be done with MP as it is to make it more of an awesome party fest
It would be pretty awesome to be able to let a friend pick songs and let myself kick people without maps
Topic Starter
jabberwockey
bumping
Axel
We should be able to right click somebody and pick the option saying "Let user Change song"

but the game mode and all that isn't changeable
Oinari-sama
Support~

Sometimes benefit of the doubt can backfire on the host...

This feature would be great to have!
Prieto
It's a Awesome idea!
I Need this! ^^
Arnold0
I think I've already posted in this request before but I'll do it again now :

It's simple, sometimes I create a room and guys on it want to choose maps. But sometimes, one of them choose unenjoyable maps for me because it's too hard and I can't play it. In that case, it's too late, because the guy have host so I can't change map back for something I can play, and I can't kick it or anything because he got all privileges.

So yes, being able to keep some plrivileges while permit other person to chosse the map would be nice :)
Natsu
Nice idea :)
theramdans
what about this : Ther Room Creator rules all over the room itself
Support :D
Prieto
peppy... Please!, approve this :)
she_old
Nice name you got there, -WhiteWolf-
ShadowzI_old

she wrote:

Please be a bit more constructive with your comments

Anyways this is quite an important concept in many multiplayer games (revolveing around pvp and fps but meh).
The Host of the room is like a designated master and such but when they allows people to chose maps and/or modes he shouldn't lose their intial control.

Take smash bros for example. The concept is the first player has final say with most of the option but with stuff like map select (includes the option of randomly picking a person, people chose maps based on order, loser, winner ect ect.) allows other player to have small privilege without ursurping the 1st player control (well you can but then you'll be penalized in real life [online does not have that option thankfully]).

Though in truth I would just love it if simply the host can allow other people to choose maps and mod without losing privilege. They are the one to still start the game and they have the ability to rewoke the map choosing rights if no one agrees with the map. At the end of every round the host gets the option to choose the maps and mod or choose another person to.

Also a tangent idea, maybe an option that allows the host to pick a random person to pick a map every game would be nice to (you know to be fair and such).
Bladestar
Supported, brilliant idea.
emonite
I didn't even play multiplayer mode but I think that this is crucial for a enjoyable multiplayer experience so support.
-____-_old
This would be nice to have
theowest
You should be able to move these privileges from the original host to someone else too.
she_old

ShadowzI wrote:

she wrote:

Please be a bit more constructive with your comments
Oh I am so sorry!
-libili
Very Simple!

i think it should be the best if the privilegues are separated.

Like this:

Host Privileges.
Maps/Mods Privileges.

example:

(1., 2. means slot)

1. -libili (Owner) - I'm able to kick players, but not changing map/mods. I can take host back to me, if I want.
2. theowest (host) - Is able to change map/mods, but not able to kick players.
3. Shadowsoul (player) - same privileges like before
4. Kanna (player) - same privileges like before
5. deeerp (player) - same privileges like before

What happens if host leaves?
1. free
2. theowest (host) - still stay host, it only changes that he get the ability of owner!

What happens if host comes back?
1. -libili (Owner) - I'm getting owner back. This is for the case that i'm gettingg timed out or so. (Btw. only owner is able to change name/password of room)
2. theowest (host) - The ability to kick players, will disappear

can you edit ur post with an example like that? :3
TheAussie
omg best idea ever but i cant give you stars im all out :(
Nathanael

-libili wrote:

SPOILER
Very Simple!

i think it should be the best if the privilegues are separated.

Like this:

Host Privileges.
Maps/Mods Privileges.

example:

(1., 2. means slot)

1. -libili (Owner) - I'm able to kick players, but not changing map/mods. I can take host back to me, if I want.
2. theowest (host) - Is able to change map/mods, but not able to kick players.

What happens if host leaves?
1. free
2. theowest (host) - still stay host, it only changes that he get the ability of owner!

What happens if host comes back?
1. -libili (Owner) - I'm getting owner back. This is for the case that i'm gettingg timed out or so. (Btw. only owner is able to change name/password of room)
2. theowest (host) - The ability to kick players, will disappear

can you edit ur post with an example like that? :3
It would be better if permissions are listed on every position.
Also, I've included my suggestions.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Room Creator
  1. Start the game.
    This shouldn't be available to the host so the others can wait for the creator to return.
  2. Select 1 user to be a host to choose a beatmap.
    The creator can still select a beatmap unless the host is currently choosing.
  3. Change the room details.
    Room name, password, mods, slots.
  4. Kick players.
    That includes the host. XD
  5. Locks slots.
    Nothing important.
  6. Change a user's team color
    When the gameplay is by team.
Notes:
1. The creator's slot cannot be occupied when he/she left the room.
2. If the creator has joined another room, the "creator" permission will be sent to the host.

Host
  1. Can change the beatmap
    Unless the creator is currently choosing
  2. Can kick players
    Only if the room creator is not at the room
Note: If the host leaves the room, the room creator can choose another host.
Player
  1. The ability to get ready or leave the room.
Notes: Nothing special about this position. XD

Oh and by the way, I also support this even I don't have any stars to give.
Consider it as done
-____-_old

119410501 wrote:

Consider it as done
not yet
Arcanine
pls peppy.
Drace
I think it'd be much simpler and convenient if the host stays as it is, and works as it is now.

Instead, they should introduce a new tag for the person choosing the song. Like the host has a crown, the song selector will have like the osu cookie, or a music note. So when you right-click someone, you'll have "transfer host privileges" and "transfer song privileges".

The song selector can transfer his or her songs privileges and the host can choose the songs selector at any time.

Seems much less roundabout then creating a creator tag with more power than host, just my 2 cent
Nines
Support this idea! +4
Srbija
+1, very nice idea :)
Nathanael

Drace wrote:

I think it'd be much simpler and convenient if the host stays as it is, and works as it is now.

Instead, they should introduce a new tag for the person choosing the song. Like the host has a crown, the song selector will have like the osu cookie, or a music note. So when you right-click someone, you'll have "transfer host privileges" and "transfer song privileges".

The song selector can transfer his or her songs privileges and the host can choose the songs selector at any time.

Seems much less roundabout then creating a creator tag with more power than host, just my 2 cent
That's better than making more things difficult that you're focused at the room creator.
Any user can always create another room or just ask the current host of the room to return to him/her the privileges.
Yellowpalmtree

kriers wrote:

A multiplayer room should include 2 roles:

1. A host who has all rights over his room (can also be transfered to other players)
2. A map selecting privilege to be handed out between other players (works like current host, but without the rights of kicking players/locking slots)

+ the possibility for the host to take back that privilege for himself if needed.

I mentioned 3rd point with something like this in mind.
this ^
Onisakura
Support too :)
Jafem
wow sounds really great. I will vote for this
Oktawia
Support.

Axel wrote:

We should be able to right click somebody and pick the option saying "Let user Change song"

but the game mode and all that isn't changeable
I totally agree!
Yukiteru Amano
Support :)
CroAs
Or maybe host should just be able to give the authority of change songs to other players while holding host privileges
show more