forum

[Archived] Installing Osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Paulakris
Well hello I was trying to install Osu. But when I tried to start the game, I got an error message: osu! (loading) An unhandled exception occurred in the application. Click continue to ignore the error and continue with the application. If you click Quit, the application will be terminated immediately.

For the specified culture or the neutral culture could not be found any resources. Make sure that Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Resources.resources by the compiling osu in the assembly! was embedded, or that the required satellite assemblies can be loaded and are fully signed.

So that was the message. I have tried to just press on the next button but it does not work. I've already reinstalled but nothing works. If anyone knows what to do please reply and tell me step by step.

(sorry if the english is a little bit weird I translated it from german to english :D )
XPJ38
By any chance, did you make sure that .Net Framework 2.0+ is corectly installed on your PC?
Topic Starter
Paulakris
Yeah I already looked and it is installed. :( I have no idea why it doesnt works
kingking9
Have you tried re-downloading osu!?
Topic Starter
Paulakris
Yes it stands in the question :D
James2250
Checking similar threads may lead to a solution, but it could be a number of things. t/92891
Was that the entire error message? If not taking a picture of it may help (even if it's not translated).

You can try deleting osu!.exe/osu.dll and running Osume (The updater that will be in your folder).
Make sure your graphics drivers are updated and are able to run osu!.
Perhaps try re-installing Net Framework 2.0.
As the other thread mentioned, try removing the osu!.cfg (config file) from the folder and then run osu!.
Topic Starter
Paulakris
Ok thanks I'll try it and if itdoesn't work I'll post a picture of the error message. Thanks :)
Topic Starter
Paulakris
I tried everything but it doesn't work :( How do I post a picture ? (sorry I'm dumb :D)
James2250
Most people on osu use puush to share pictures as it's developed by peppy :P
http://puush.me/

Otherwise any type of image sharing site.
Topic Starter
Paulakris
Sorry i can't download it at the time :/ i'm on my ipad :D and on the computer i'm not allowed to