forum

How to improve at osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bweh

Kobold wrote:

So, I actually went and read the singletaps/stream part

I've been playing for quite a while, and basically for high BPM, it's best to continue practicing to increase endurance? Because I've had a problem with my hand/arm kinda locking up after a short bit of 220 BPM stream ( Playing Rog ). Also, Pizzicato said he lifted weights to increase his BPM endurance by 5-10, so I don't know if that works or not varying on the person.
Lifting weights does help strengthening your forearm muscles, since you need to grip onto the weight. At least I do feel like it helps with stamina, though I don't think it helps much with speed, and ultimately practice is the only thing that'll bring results to the table.
Beastontour
first of all
Thank you very much for this und the time you put in for this! it helps me a lot to improve at my osu! gameplay.

There is a question that is bothering me for quiet a while about what fingers to use for playing the game.
yeah sounds wierd i know... but i would hear your oppionion about it. i started playing the game using my
fore- and middlefinger, but i wonder if its better to use the fore- and ringfinger.
is it all own preference like or is one better than the other?

again, thank you very much and i really appreciate some advice!
Maskless
What is the consensus on how to do triples? (xzx xzx or xzx zxz). I know it's mostly down to preference and OP lists some pros and cons, but I find it easy to adapt and was wondering which way people find more helpful in the long run.
Vuelo Eluko

Maskless wrote:

What is the consensus on how to do triples? (xzx xzx or xzx zxz). I know it's mostly down to preference and OP lists some pros and cons, but I find it easy to adapt and was wondering which way people find more helpful in the long run.
wut
GoldenWolf
xzx zxz xzx zxz xzx zxz is making my brain melt
otoed1
I have a question. How do you deal with "cluttered maps" by this I mean all of the maps where you can't actually see anything, the notes overlap so much you're not really sure what to do. Watching the computer do it rarely helps. I have this problem on many of the "hard" songs and I can't imagine what insane must be like. I can do basically any normal map without fail and can fc most too. However, maps that are cluttered are effectivly unbeatable for me. Any tips?
Insyni

otoed1 wrote:

I have a question. How do you deal with "cluttered maps" by this I mean all of the maps where you can't actually see anything, the notes overlap so much you're not really sure what to do. Watching the computer do it rarely helps. I have this problem on many of the "hard" songs and I can't imagine what insane must be like. I can do basically any normal map without fail and can fc most too. However, maps that are cluttered are effectivly unbeatable for me. Any tips?
Personally, I go into edit mode and figure the pattern out in slow motion, then play it a few times till you get the hang of it. Usually patterns are fairly general and carry across to to other maps. Usually when you get used to the pattern it will seem much less cluttered and make more sense.

Edit: What would you consider a "cluttered song" for sake of example?
kriers
I decided to write down my own experience and way to solve triangles, squares and other patterns in my ask.fm.
Feel free to use: http://ask.fm/kriers/answer/113373614252
Insyni

kriers wrote:

I decided to write down my own experience and way to solve triangles, squares and other patterns in my ask.fm.
Feel free to use: http://ask.fm/kriers/answer/113373614252
I wish I had the same issue as you. Right now aiming is my biggest issue, making my accuracy for Hards and Insanes almost identical. The only difference is if my aim fails me then I fail the Insane.

When I say aim, I don't mean for jumps... It also refers to missing sliders and singles at completely random spots.
Adioranyan
Nice thread! 1+ 8-)
Pinguefy
As a player, I feel like I'm okay a jumps.
However, certain maps really boggle me as to why I miss certain notes: My cursor is on the note and I feel like I'm tapping at the right time, yet it still results in a miss.

This isn't me, but it seems this person has a similar problem (I had massive issues with this map as well): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXae-RCIjcQ
0:22, 1:00, 1:10, 1:40, 1:56, and 2:32 for the misses.

As this was posted in r/osugame, one of the commenters had suggested that the player (and in all likelihood, me as well), was "predicting and moving the cursor away before you actually hit the note."

This would explain a number of issues I have, especially my confusion of why maps like Koigikoro and Colorful Minutes were difficult for me as well as why playing maps repeatedly resulted in anomalous misses.

So my question is: Is this the problem that he (and I) has? If so, why would you recommend that I could do to remedy it? Thanks.
FlameseeK
What you described sounds similar to something I experienced a few times. I think trying to play this kind of track with just your mouse could help you confirm the issue (if it's the same as mine).

I recall having a harder time doing jumps such as the ones on Airman when I switched from mouse only to keyboard + mouse. Mouse only made it easier to coordinate both clicking and moving because I would "lock" my hand on each note until I actually clicked the mouse. Now, working on fast singles has indirectly helped me deal with this issue. I started moving my wrist more and having more rhythm control when I single tap, so it's significantly easier to lock my right hand when I tap when I also move my wrist.

EDIT: I've just played this song and it doesn't seem hard to coordinate. There aren't any difficult jumps either and it's not fast paced. Trying to move your wrist too much like I described would probably feel weird, so don't worry about that with this beatmap. I still think working on fast singles could help you (especially since they have jumps like these too). But honeslty, now that I think about, it seems like a snapping issue more than tapping... poor snapping could definitely affect how early you try to hit the next note on this beatmap. Not being able to read the song comfortably could also affect your performance, but I guess that's a given.
Lavender

thelewa wrote:

Add this to accuracy as an easy way to practice: If you have really bad accuracy then just try to really look at the approach circles and really try to get acc that is above 97%, increase this minimum accuracy once you get better at it, capping out at 99%. Going for SS is useless for your general accuracy if you use a billion tries for it, so it's not worth the effort. Eventually something will click into place and accuracy will get easier.
Thanks to thelewa, my accuracy is improving.
Insyni

FlameseeK wrote:

Not being able to read the song comfortably could also affect your performance, but I guess that's a given.
@TryHardPenguin
I agree, it's probably a reading issue. I don't know if it will help, but try playing the song without sound (forces you to read rather than listen to the beat).
Pinguefy
It's not a reading issue.

Unless you're implying that the AR is too low, the song itself is AR8, where I can read AR9 comfortably and even AR10 is becoming less daunting. Also, this problem persists on higher AR maps as well, maybe not quite to the same degree though.

I tried turning off the sound, it seemed to work at first, albeit with a huge number of 100s, but I still broke on some easy parts. I played it with sound after that and found that the difference between the two was basically non-existent.

I'm not looking for advice on this map in particular, this just happened to be the map someone else had uploaded a video of the same problem as I had. I think the map is pretty easy, in theory. However, whenever I try to play it, I always get these seemingly inexplicable misses that I wish to address.

To be honest, the idea that I am "predicting and moving the cursor away before you actually hit the note" seems the most plausible to me. Snapping seems like a possible remedy for the issue, but I feel like I'm already doing it fairly well. I'll keep practicing it, I guess.

If anyone wishes to offer any other possible methods or reasons for my problem, please do. Any help would be appreciated!
Ikikaera

TryHardPenguin wrote:

Unless you're implying that the AR is too low, the song itself is AR8, where I can read AR9 comfortably and even AR10 is becoming less daunting. Also, this problem persists on higher AR maps as well, maybe not quite to the same degree though.

I tried turning off the sound, it seemed to work at first, albeit with a huge number of 100s, but I still broke on some easy parts. I played it with sound after that and found that the difference between the two was basically non-existent.

I'm not looking for advice on this map in particular, this just happened to be the map someone else had uploaded a video of the same problem as I had. I think the map is pretty easy, in theory. However, whenever I try to play it, I always get these seemingly inexplicable misses that I wish to address.

To be honest, the idea that I am "predicting and moving the cursor away before you actually hit the note" seems the most plausible to me. Snapping seems like a possible remedy for the issue, but I feel like I'm already doing it fairly well. I'll keep practicing it, I guess.

If anyone wishes to offer any other possible methods or reasons for my problem, please do. Any help would be appreciated!
As a side note, I could easily fc both Koigokoro insanes, but I get misses on completely random parts. The map doesn't even have hard jumps, and it's also a pretty slow map. I think it could be because it's too slow, and practicing other slow maps before trying to fc Koigokoro might help. I don't know though.
Insyni

TryHardPenguin wrote:

When you do the stars, do you see stars or 5 jumps? If you see stars rather than individual jumps, then you should look at the Why you aren't improving at Osu! "HOW DO I GET BETTER?!?!"" thread. It has a nice explanation there.

Honestly, try experimenting with where you are looking when you play the song. There are some songs such as http://osu.ppy.sh/b/139065 that should be very easy not to miss on but have somewhat similar pattern make-up. Take in consideration where you are focusing when you do maps like this. Try to transfer that visual focus to harder maps.

I shouldn't really talk, since I'm worse than you, but just sharing learning experiences. ;)
FlameseeK

TryHardPenguin wrote:

When I say reading, it's not only being able to understand patterns or follow them. Sometimes you can understand a pattern, but the pace at which your eyes follow it could be better. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean you need to stare at every single note during jumps. But I believe reading can help you because the more "comfortable" it is for your eyes to follow the beatmap, the easier it becomes. In other words, if we could make your current skill level the same, but give you the eyes of a player with 1-2 years more experience, it would affect your performance on that beatmap imo, even if you can already read it.

To be honest, I think your best call is to just play similar maps with lots of jumps. This will make your eyes better at reading jumps and improve your muscle memory. When it comes to muscle memory though, I believe it's important to focus on snapping notes properly in your case. You need to develop the ability to move your cursor quickly and confidently, without slowing down or second guessing your ability to hit the desired notes. Snapping will also improve your abiliity to get longer combos, which is really nice and something you seem to have problems with.
Pinguefy
@FlameseeK
I see, that makes sense. I'll definitely take your advice though, thanks for your time!

@DustyFfy
Haha, any and all help is appreciated, really! I've been having problems with the star jumps like the ones in Wahrheit, so I'll look into it. Thanks.

@Chris9427
Oh, you.~
Love Kairiki

RaneFire wrote:

Too bad there's no real reason to play low AR since. It will just become a "look I can play all AR's" (look at me!) feeling, if you do accomplish it.

Practically everyone can play low AR, while not everyone can play high AR. The mods are there to increase the difficulty, otherwise it is a battle of the SS's. Although getting less than an SS is not a true reflection of your rhythm accuracy either, neither is an SS.

The people who can only play high AR chose to do so because of the competitive nature of the game. If the scoring system were different, they would know both... because it's at a point where every map needs to be played at AR9.6+ to get a rank.

The "pro level" (ugh) is the point where osu! stops being a rhythm game. Until then it's a rhythm game. To be the best from there onwards, it's all about improving your [reading/aim/speed] and [reactions/anticipation/memorisation]. But you need a decent amount of skill in rhythm first. It's just that those other skills will improve much much more, and rhythm takes the back seat. If you get worse accuracy on really hard maps, it's not exclusively because your accuracy/rhythm sucks, it's because those other skills suck, and naturally affect it.

Learning low AR will toss out the second skill bracket, and place new rules on the first one, which naturally changes all aspects of/and puts more weight on reading, putting the handbrakes on your aim and speed. It is actually quite a huge change and this is why, in other rhythm games, AR is customisable and players usually settle on 1 speed or a small range of speeds, forever. In osu!, that is currently AR9 - AR10.3, forced on you by the game for rankwhoring reasons.

So before you think about learning the "lesser skills" - ask yourself... Dafuq am I doing this for?
Is this saying you should never learn low AR? I can play almost all insane maps but fail every normal map pretty much because low AR is hell.
Sotodashi

thelewa wrote:

If you have really bad accuracy then just try to really look at the approach circles and really try to get acc that is above 97%, increase this minimum accuracy once you get better at it, capping out at 99%. Going for SS is useless for your general accuracy if you use a billion tries for it, so it's not worth the effort. Eventually something will click into place and accuracy will get easier.
What should I do if most of my accuracies are way lower than that then? I don't think I can get 97% on anything that's not going to bore me to death at this point.
FlameseeK

Sotodashi wrote:

thelewa wrote:

If you have really bad accuracy then just try to really look at the approach circles and really try to get acc that is above 97%, increase this minimum accuracy once you get better at it, capping out at 99%. Going for SS is useless for your general accuracy if you use a billion tries for it, so it's not worth the effort. Eventually something will click into place and accuracy will get easier.
What should I do if most of my accuracies are way lower than that then? I don't think I can get 97% on anything that's not going to bore me to death at this point.
I think your question is kind of silly to be totally honest - it sounds like the kinda question people ask when they don't want to practice -, but I'll answer it anyway. If your accuracy is really bad, I'd say try several hards that have comfortable AR. I think avoiding maps that are weird by today's standards is a good idea too. If the offset doesn't feel right, don't blame yourself much and go play something else. The maps you play should be relatively easy to read/follow. You're starting out, so there's no point in working on your accuracy on maps that have difficult jumps, patterns, crazy sliders, etc. You don't have to get 97% right away, just work your way up until you start feeling the beat properly. Then, it will become much more natural to hit notes at the right time.
Ikikaera
I have a huge problem. I almost fc'ed around 6 or 7 different maps, but I can't get close to the max score I had on that map anymore, so I just stop playing them. It's slightly frustrating. My top ranks are slowly being filled by A's.
And the more I play them, the more random fails I get, which is another reason why I'm not even trying to fc long maps. Is there anything I could do about that?
Infernocash
Is there a way to improve your spinners? I'm getting tired of getting 50's or just using spun-out :o
VoidnOwO
:)
Shiningbolt
So I've been playing no mod on all sorts of maps for a long time now and I noticed I'm running out of difficult maps to play.

What exactly should I do now that I'm beating stuff like Scarlet Rose, boot, Noushou Sakuretsu Girl, etc.?
Topic Starter
jesse1412
Stop playing easy crazy maps. Made this list a while ago, all the hard maps I could think of.

==============Osu! Collection File==============

Edited by: jesus1412

Number of collections listed: 1

Collection 1: Worth Passing

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/200822/ DJ YOSHITAKA - FLOWER
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/109914/ Nico Nico Douga - U.Nknown Goose
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/207484/ Kil - Gaussian Blur
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/237023/ Nekomata Master - Far east nightbird
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/251257/ The Quick Brown Fox - Shut Down Everything
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/288301/ The Quick Brown Fox - Big Money
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/308917/ Manabu Namiki - Tenshi
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/339795/ LeaF - Don't think Feel.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/347360/ Pinocchio-P - Weekly Shonen Bye-Bye
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/199314/ Hatsune Miku - Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu (Hommarju Remix)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/231224/ Fleshgod Apocalypse - The Deceit
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/188709/ Zektbach - L'erisia(Primal Logic)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/177739/ bj.HaLo - G-garden
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/106965/ DM Ashura - deltaMAX
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/345103/ Danny Baranowsky - Fast Track to Browntown
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/35015/ IOSYS - Utage wa Eien ni ~SHD~
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/58064/ beatMARIO - Night of Knights
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/272800/ ARM(IOSYS) feat. Takatsuki Sakura(Tsukimori Ririka) - Seiya no Special Shooting Star
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/309074/ C-Show - Panic Holic
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/276865/ Helblinde - Imagine Breaker
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/256988/ Blue Stahli - Let's Go
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/132152/ Helblinde - DEAD END
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/203702/ bibuko - IZAYOI Girls Rage
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/201811/ Dokyo Kyodai - DIAVOLO
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/370777/ GUHROOVY - Stand Alone Beat Masta
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/133814/ chimpydolittle - Happy Little Tune
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/312606/ Beautiful Day - Toccata & Fugue
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/133938/ Hatsune Miku - Atama no Taisou
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/260838/ Horie Yui - True truly love
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/205538/ GUMI - Kamisama Nejimaki
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/141722/ Blue Stahli - Anti You
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/213702/ DOUBLE IMPACT - DOUBLE IMPACT
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/158123/ Hatsune Miku - boku-boku
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/146957/ Black Hole - Pluto
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/176280/ Danny Baranowsky - The Battle of Lil' Slugger (Ch 1 Boss Extended Cut)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/140069/ Bring Me The Horizon - The Comedown
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/29844/ Hisaka Yoko - Don't say "lazy" (Full ver.)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/279481/ FOLiACETATE - Heterochromia Iridis
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/27737/ DJ Sharpnel - StrangeProgram
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/196957/ AVTechNO!xTreow - boku-bokuII
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/117580/ Cres - End Time
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/168031/ Beatdrop - Phase 1
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/92051/ DragonForce - Cry for Eternity
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/32570/ Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony+
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/107462/ Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas - Chase the Light !
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/83975/ goreshit - MATZcore
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/192455/ Blue Stahli - Give Me Everything You've Got
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/118380/ Bring Me The Horizon - Anthem
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/225674/ Hitori Tori - perthed again (yambabom remix)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/181531/ Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas - Scream Hard as You Can
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/144026/ DragonForce - Fallen World
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/116128/ 07th Expansion - rog-unlimitation
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/145070/ BRZion - Ancient Memories
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/245284/ Igorrr - Unpleasant Sonata
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/236005/ Iron Quality - BUILD AND SCRAP
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/135370/ Jomekka - Eighto
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/199882/ Kairikibear - Kanzen Chouaku Lolita Complex
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/226745/ kano - Houkago Stride
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/72585/ Kitsune^2 - Rainbow Tylenol
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/71080/ Kitsune^2 - He Has No Mittens
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/332877/ Krewella - Can't Control Myself (Nightcore)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/171015/ Kuroneko Dungeon - Ryoshi no Umi no Lindworm
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/352068/ Kurwastyle Project - Scatman (Extreme Splitter Rmx)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/224127/ L.E.D.-G - BITTER CHOCOLATE STRIKER
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/235505/ L.E.D.-G - Exusia
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/246395/ L.E.D.-G - SOUND OF GIALLARHORN
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/310177/ L.E.D.-G - THE DEEP STRIKER
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/331352/ LeaF - Arianrhod
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/318109/ LeaF - Doppelganger
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/264090/ LeaF - I
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/363576/ Luze - Ikusauta Orglry
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/335041/ MiddleIsland - Delrio
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/369788/ Mimori Suzuko - Univer Page (TV Size)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/174368/ MomoKuro-tei Ichimon - Nippon Egao Hyakkei ( pocotan Remix Short ver.)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/144029/ Mutsuhiko Izumi - Red Goose
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/283852/ nao - Dimension tripper!!!!
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/352039/ nemutteiruneko - Night is coming down
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/293708/ Nico Nico - Due Nichijow
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/24722/ Nico Nico Douga - BARUSA of MIKOSU
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/27638/ Nico Nico Douga - U.N. Owen wa Kanojo nanoka? (Nico Mega Mix)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/47359/ Noisia - Groundhog (Beat Juggle)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/263900/ paraoka - rainbow archiver
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/225296/ REDALiCE ft. Ayumi Nomiya - Foughten Field (t+pazolite Remix)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/147480/ Reizoko Cj - Hardcore Syndrome
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/294489/ Reizoko Cj - Japan Style Breakcore - 2
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/64267/ Renard - Banned Forever
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/233287/ Renard - Jet Jet Jade
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/172662/ Renard - Rainbow Dash Likes Girls (Stay Gay Pony Girl)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/97934/ Renard - TU4AR
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/154052/ Renard & t+pazolite - Banned Chipscape
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/153214/ RoughSketch - Men's Milk Booster Rifle
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/232537/ Ryu* - Plan 8
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/67528/ sampling masters MEGA VS Seiryu - VOX UP
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/119431/ sHimaU - Slotcore is Dead
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/307508/ Suzaku VS Genbu - Himiko
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/107875/ Syrsa - Mad Machine
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/305391/ t+pazolite - Call me it. (500 Tortures)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/95382/ t+pazolite - chipscape
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/139182/ t+pazolite - Do I Smile?
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/202799/ t+pazolite - Kick-ass Kung-fu Carnival
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/293245/ t+pazolite - Nekosogi Destruction
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/252238/ Tatsh - IMAGE -MATERIAL- <Version 0>
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/104229/ Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/343387/ Tech N9ne - Worldwide Choppers
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/168504/ The Ghost Of 3.13 - Forgotten
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/206275/ The Quick Brown Fox - Cloudsmasher
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/173102/ The Quick Brown Fox - Gotsta Terrify
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/243338/ The Quick Brown Fox - Holy Macaroni
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/131891/ The Quick Brown Fox - The Big Black
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/124664/ TJ.Hangneil - Kamui
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/267052/ uetsu shi - Tenku No Shiro Vuerieru
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/264784/ umio - gorigorichop
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/326660/ UNDEAD CORPORATION - Bloodthirsty Nightmare Lullaby
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/327385/ UNDEAD CORPORATION - Everything will freeze
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/222411/ Wotamin - Gigantic O.T.N
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/151078/ xi - Ascension to Heaven
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/129891/ xi - FREEDOM DiVE
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/190036/ Yousei Teikoku - Kuraki Sekai no Doukoku
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/202756/ Yousei Teikoku - The Creator
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/154853/ Hatsune Miku - Electric Love (t+pazolite Overcute Remix)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/225675/ Hitori Tori - perthed again (yambabom remix)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/260839/ Horie Yui - True truly love
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/360697/ nao - Towa naru Kizuna to Omoi no Kiseki
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/128132/ TOMOSUKE - Macuilxochitl
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/151865/ d_Vor - dEKA
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/180222/ DJ Mass MAD Izm* - Red. by Full Metal Jacket
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/196278/ DJ Mass MAD Izm* - Black. By X-Cross Fade
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/343143/ DJ TECHNORCH - Nijuu
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/161270/ DJ TECHNORCH fw. GUHROOVY - KAMAITACHI
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/359203/ DJ Yoshitaka VS. DJ Mass MAD Izm* - Snake Stick
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/142068/ DJ-Technetlum - TC SP-007
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/132067/ DM Ashura vs Inspector K - Disconnected HaZaRD
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/161534/ e-ZUKA - Vital Mission in the Spanish Desert
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/294832/ GUHROOVY - AIR RAID FROM THA UNDAGROUND
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/276451/ Helblinde - Dead End
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/151821/ Helblinde - Oath of Kings
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/228651/ Igorrr - Scarlatti 2.0
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/350100/ Kyou1110 - SkriBu
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/391335/ Lite Show Magic - Crack Traxxx
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/336221/ LULICO vs. LOLIPO - We Hate Touhou
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/270490/ Renard - Terminal
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/194322/ rerulili - MA'JI'KI'TI'GIRL
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/333661/ Round Wave Crusher & KafkaType - Am I Scary?
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/193593/ RYO - Fantazindy
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/266019/ Shibayan - Shock!! (Arranged Ver.)
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/190973/ t+pazolite - Unconnected
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/280182/ a_hisa - Butterfly
Shiningbolt
Thank you! I was sort wondering what people played after beating the maps I was doing. Good to know I'm not good at all, haha.
Zare
slushy
thx
Infernocash
Any advice for spinners? I can't seem to get them down. After watching my replays I notice that instead of moving in circles quickly, I just move the mouse left and right.
GoldenWolf

Infernocash wrote:

Any advice for spinners? I can't seem to get them down. After watching my replays I notice that instead of moving in circles quickly, I just move the mouse left and right.
force yourself to draw circles, slowly, then draw the same circles but faster
and practice a lot of course
Insyni
I don't understand how people play so much. My mouse hand is usually useless after playing 50 songs... not necessarily even finishing the songs.
Mizuno Yui
If you play enough, eventually stamina kicks in. At least that's what they say.
Driskell
Thanks for this compilation of these tips. - Newbie
Zare
Thanks for looking at this thread before creating an own thread asking the same questions over and over - middleagedfaq (since I'm anything but an oldfaq but i'm not new and lah)
theLiminator
I feel like I'm not improving at all in terms of accuracy. It kinda sucks. My unstable rate is pretty much the same as when I just started, and it's pretty shit. Like 300-400 lol.
Hell

DustyFfy wrote:

I don't understand how people play so much. My mouse hand is usually useless after playing 50 songs... not necessarily even finishing the songs.
I've been playing computer games since I was 4, my hands don't get tired ever, they just freeze up because I push them harder than they will go consistently.

They key is to relax your hand, if you tense up it stresses your hands and hurts performance. The best thing to do is to do easy maps and get confident and just take everything super easy.
In Osu confidence and lack of caring is the best way to play.

tl;dr Just play for fun.
sayonara_sekai
nvm just tilting L0L. (I still suck at spinning though)
Everwhite
Thanks a lot! I found this really helpful ~
I've been having lots of trouble with tornado jumps and I didn't realize there was an actual method of looking at the note sequences a certain way
Interesting ^^
show more