forum

Make the base color of background dim user definable.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,199
show more
PhiLL A
yes, I hate when I dim a map that has black hitcircles. support
Ohrami
Just disable the skin so the hitcircles are a different color
theowest

Kyou-kun wrote:

Just disable the skin so the hitcircles are a different color
It makes them default?! How did I not know this..
and if you don't like the default combo colours, just change them to your own liking.

However, this request still stands I guess. This was just one solution to a problem.
theowest
This guy provided us with a pretty cool example

haha5957 wrote:

for example, even my own beatmap : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25271

has dark color BG, and dark approach circle so fading out BG won't help. Only way to improve its visibility is to actually replace the BG with bright color . Some beatmaps use White + Black Circle with whiteish background, which makes circle reading kinda bit frustrating regardless of faded out or not.

I temporarily use green-color background for those maps by replacing the jpg file but I don't think this is what peppy wants (and something that might not be possible in future).

Maybe add something like this?

Osu! already allows us to fade our background out to black color, and why not to other colors? some approach circles are just very hard to read with default background or black background.
Yarissa
Another idea would be customizing the background it fades to. Maybe a background.png in the skin folder, or something?

The colors should be completely customizable
Sakisan
Okay my thread was locked because it's a duplicate of this.
How about setting the background dim color in the default settings or in the skin file?
Maybe even use a dim "image" to replace the other background image

I don't think it should be the mappers choice, but the players choice.
fartownik
I bump this because @Sakisan is exactly what I wanted to propose. Dimming into different colors than black would be awesome. Some players prefer to play using lighter shades, such as grey or even white (look SiLviA for example), I also find this particularly useful in some maps. Adding a little option to set the color in the graphics menu won't hurt anyone, especially when we can already disable the specific map skin in the fun spoiler.
AmaiHachimitsu
I want it implemented too!
deadbeat

Sakisan wrote:

Okay my thread was locked because it's a duplicate of this.
>locked
what o.O
Legxis
I personally find that I can't play well on 100% dim, I'd rather have it all be white than black, so that option would be nice, I agree.
Granger
Bumping because this: p/3936686

Please add this to the game.
Norr
Just as a setting in the settings menu or in the skin you're using would be great, especially for players like rrtyui who replaces the background of beatmaps to change the background color.
Rawwrr
I'm supporting you! If we could use a white background DIM with black notes, it would be so amazing :D
Ringating
yes please, it would be nice to be able to dim to white and have black skin elements.
Antiforte
I'd love to make a yellow background then have dark circles (testing the black and yellow super-contrast) :D
Gumpy

Granger wrote:

Please add this to the game.
This comment nails it.
Kagetsu
i totally support this... would be cool to choose what color do you want as a background dim and i think is not that difficult to do
Treatzza
Bumping this.

I can tell that a lot of players would love to see this included in the game and think this would be an excellent addition.
Crymore13
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... und_color/

and, with RGB option would be really great. I'm waiting for this since day one.
laport
I think this feature would be awesome for this game.
It's fun to play around with different solid color bg's but too much of a hassle right now.
The only (automated) alternative right now would be (for someone) to create a tool which replaces the bg with a new bg of choice while keeping the old one safe/renamed for a selection of maps.
also: why not add a skin combo color picker in the same style?
Narasuki
It would be just perfect hopefully it will be implemented soon its just great, until then il keep changing the maps like rrtyui.
KaTeR
Would love to see this feature. It would be just awesome to play with a white bg and black circles <3 Got my support o/
avadram
I support being able to change background color dim from black to any other color (e.g gray) on the spot through a setting

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/91161
Reyvateil
Bumping this thread, but throwing some votes to kind to request this more as an accessibility option than anything else.

Explaining a bit better, I've had keratoconus since I started playing this game, but as the disease progressed and I underwent a surgery around two years ago to implant intacs to my right eye the glare issues in my vision got worse and now I see halos around every bright object in a dark background unless I close my right eye, this makes the game very annoying to play without using the magnifier function in Windows to invert colors making it effectively a white BG with black circles. But of course, this inverts every color in everything not only in osu and is a makeshift solution that works but at the expense of making the game uglier and browsing other applications while playing super weird.

So yeah, I would really appreciate if I could just change the dim color and customize the circle and cursor colors through the skin without having to invert the colors of everything on my screen.
Purple
Is this on the pipeline for osu!lazer? I was testing out some lazer features as of late and was a little disappointed this hasn't been added yet. I've always struggled with eye strain playing osu! over the years and have wondered if a light background with dark skin elements could help me out. Seems like it would help the previous poster a lot as well... Hope we can see this implemented sometime soon.