Lincolm

Stefan wrote:

just simply change them.[/size]
All of the solution about skin.
[suicide
I hate Bananas.
Laharl

DeathXHunter wrote:

No seriously,just skin them away if it`s such a problem for you,guys.It doesn`t change alot if you`re catching now only apples,grapes or bananas in the spin.Get used to it or quit CtB ~
Yup. Does it really make THAT much of a difference if you catch "fruits" or "apples", "grapes", "bananas", "circles" or whatever?
MLGnom
It's not about bananas. It's about changes. People don't like when things that they are used to, changes... with is stupid. This was always and will be always. Someday when osz2 will come out, many people will rage really bad because they can't delete a thing! Oh look! Another change in their life... and most likely after 2-3 weeks most of them will get used and simply shut up...
Krzysiek
Bananas are funny and I like how they look ^_^. I'll be sticking with "you can skin them if it's that troublesome" option (mostly because of not caring about spinners). Though I'd be mad if all fruit were to be made one color or one shape (loving the diversity of each fruit in the game and not going to skin them just to get those extra 1-2 pixels perception!).

Other sides has some merit in this discussion. Bananas can be trouble for someone who can't be bothered with finding and changing fruit in the skin (me included in that list - too lazy to do that).
Also bananas make all fruit the same shape and color, what confuses people used to memorizing spinners based on fruit colors (I was doing that during the time of actually trying to do good spinners).

Well you can't make everyone happy. The good thing is that ninja spinners always irritated so much the concentration dropped significantly and it's been dealt with now ^_^.
Drafura
I personnally just use 1 fruit for my skin but the big yellow massive ton of fruit is a bit scarying maybe a toggle in the skin.ini to use combo colors could be the solution (inb4 oldstylectbspinner = 1)?

And no MLGnom this isn't about "something changes we are all lost" it's about improving the playmode we use to play. The last update for DT is just awesome and nobody said anything bad about it. In fact it was more like "Let's all do DT today !!". And I love this update cause it avoid me to X try/X bad placement when a fruit have a close placement to a spinner. But imo anybody could play in the same condition of a ranked score cause it's unfair if not (Most #1 on CtB are get by spinning better, in fact you can do a #1 with a D rank, so yes spinners are pretty important in the "competition").
eldnl
Still don't understand why the bananas are necessary, because of 2-3 maps that some fruit were hard to read? the fuck. . .
@Drafura, obviously no one said anything bad about the DT update, because an experienced player pointed that out, and I knew that it was such a bad thing for everyone.
Krzysiek
It's not 2-3 maps, it's 200-300 maps where bananas help read fruit. And it was not a necessity, it's making game more user-friendly (along with DT hyperdash unlock).
Topic Starter
Mithos
any beatmap with a fruit within a bar's distance from a spinner was confusing. Do you know how popular that mapping technique is?
Drafura

eldnl wrote:

Still don't understand why the bananas are necessary, because of 2-3 maps that some fruit were hard to read? the fuck. . .
I'm just saying : instead of refusing it try to give ideas to make it better so everyone could be happy. Making it fully skinable (all fruits+colors) could be the best solution.
eldnl

Drafura wrote:

eldnl wrote:

I'm just saying : instead of refusing it try to give ideas to make it better so everyone could be happy. Making it fully skinable (all fruits+colors) could be the best solution.
Agree.
@Krzy 200-300 maps? u kiddin me
Fenek Alfa

Stefan wrote:

just simply change them.
If it was that easy...

How my bananas look in GIMP:

And how they look in-game(spoilered for big pic):

Tried fiddling with both bananas and bananas-overlay, not a singe f*ck is given by osu.
My skin works on gradients and transparencies to look cool, but no matter what I'll do, it'll be an eyesore. Therefore, I'm backing Drafura's idea with "oldstylectbspinner = 1", or at least "yellowctbspinner = 0"
Krzysiek
I'm serious.
Fenek Alfa

Krzysiek wrote:

I'm serious.
That's why I ask for the autocolour toggle. I agree that it helps, but it looks ugly with that yellow tint.
Krzysiek
Toggle is evil and that Aussie wants to punch you in the face right now.
peppy
Just like the other fruit, bananas are coloured by osu! itself. Therefore you shouldn't colour the sprites yourself. Bananas will always be coloured using banana colours, which currently do not have a skin override. If you think it is necessary to have an override from these, then please request this as a feature request.
deadbeat

eldnl wrote:

blah blah words
look man. you can sit here and complain about this all you what. but face the facts, the ctb banana is really useful.

Stefan wrote:

^that is a prime example of why this is feature is really useful.
Ruidoso
Bananas are cool
ann_old
I don't play CTB, but it sounds like an improvement to me.
iirc: old spinners had all random fruits mixed so you could get confused, bananas are different and skinnable so you can see the difference from spinners and normal notes.
Also, Bananas.
GamerX4life
Banana time is really useful! Maybe one of the most important updates xD
Loctav
There was a rule in CtB guidelines because ninja notes after spinners were hardly possible to differ.
Now with this change this rule (which set this as unrankable) becomes a guideline. The gameplay and readability apparantly IMPROVED.
Deal with it. This discussion has no point for me.
Shiirn
Well, you're not exactly a ctb player either so you can go sit on that stick of yours. The bananas are ugly as sin. Bananas are not a good fruit to use simply because they're not even remotely circle-shaped like all other fruits (apple orange pear, even grapes have a significant and easy-to-read profile), leading these awkwardly shaped bananas to just look, well, awkward. Shocking, I know. I suggest uniform colors for spinner fruits, most likely using the next color in line to deal with the people that bitch about readability. If the persons in charge of dealing with such a change are inclined to even read this post and don't like that suggestion, how about making them not spin while falling so you don't have the strange-ass instincts about their hitboxes and the additional possibility of motion sickness. Then there's also the thick borders and lack of tiny detail in the bananas. And that they're always yellow. And that the stems look retarded. Or something.

Or, you know, listen to / ask for suggestions from people somewhat experienced in the matter rather than half-assing your own 'fixes'.
ann_old
The bananas should have a proper shape if made fat, making them round like the other fruits.
VelperK
i prefer the old spinners but oh well, my post won't change the game at all now so poot it.

just an opinion ok
PaiYuri
I like bananas, so I approve. Also, it's better that spinners look different than "hitcircles" (although I had no problems with random fruit spinners before).
jabberwockey
I don't know if peppy meant it as some weird euphemism or not but why bananas?! :o imo the bananas look super ugly, the default could have been a colorful or one that didn't feel so bland/weird/random.But I agree that if people really hate it that much, they can skin it. Skinning isn't that hard :)
bwross
Because things go bananas during CtB spinners. Plus, you could make a CtB map with no spinners and call it "No Bananas" (bonus points if the song is actually, "Yes, We have No Bananas").

Having the spinners be a separate fruit could have some potential for skinning... spinners can be used to do falls of leaves or flower petals. The problem being that they will be yellowed (which isn't bad for leaves, but makes for funny sakura... I suppose you could stick to yellow rose petals).
Drafura

bwross wrote:

The problem being that they will be yellowed
Imo, this is the biggest problem here. (for ctb players and skinners)
Stefan

Drafura wrote:

bwross wrote:

The problem being that they will be yellowed
Imo, this is the biggest problem here. (for ctb players and skinners)
What.

And this Colour (in this Case, white) appears in the Game.
So if I would re-color them to red, they would be always red.
Drafura

peppy wrote:

Just like the other fruit, bananas are coloured by osu! itself. Therefore you shouldn't colour the sprites yourself. Bananas will always be coloured using banana colours, which currently do not have a skin override. If you think it is necessary to have an override from these, then please request this as a feature request.
1) You are not supposed to do this.
2) You can't choose many colors. Just one so this is the same if you have colored the sprite. Yellow is just a color, it would be grey or red the problem would be the same.
Nad

deadbeat wrote:

i guess this is my fault ._.
How ? ._.
H_Hitachiin
If you guys don't like those bananas,replace them >:(
bananas.png and bananas-overlay.png
Drafura
If you guy don't read then don't post.
deadbeat

rororofun wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

i guess this is my fault ._.
How ? ._.
if you looked at the link you'd see that i brought up using banana's for the spinner fruit xD
though i still don't see what the big problem with them is :<
Krzysiek
Attention granted to deadbeat.
Drafura

deadbeat wrote:

though i still don't see what the big problem with them is :<
Again, the problem isn't about bananas. You can't choose to have different fruits in the spinner of different color.