forum

[result screen] Show how many slider breaks you've got (osu!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +157
show more
Topic Starter
theowest
So you also want to be able to see how many slider ticks you've got in taiko
and how much spinner bonus you get in standard and ctb?

sounds good so I requested them: t/100576/ and t/100578/
bwross
Well, to me it's all really the same request. If one mode is getting something, the other modes should probably get support for analogous things. CtB already covers missing droplets (on the web page), but Taiko and standard don't get coverage for their missing slider objects. And once you get to dendens (which are much like sliders), you should consider supporting spinners in other modes too.

But I suppose it doesn't hurt too much to have the threads for each... it just might spread people's stars a bit thin.
Topic Starter
theowest
They are a bit too different. You can't request multiple requests in one post. I'd be too complicated. What if just one of these requests are added?
bwross
Then I'd think that the other modes got shafted. It's like if Sanbai mod was added for taiko only... standard and CtB rightfully deserve the same opportunity to play actual double time, without having to submit three different requests. If something makes sense in other modes it should be covered by a single request.

Maybe spinners are a bit too different and should be a separate request, but slider ticks (standard and taiko), dendens, and droplets are really the same things.
Topic Starter
theowest
I did some research and found out that missing these tiny "droplets" in CtB just lowers your accuracy, while the slider ticks are a bit bigger. The biggest fruits are the notes.
All of this is already displayed on the ctb score screen.

that leaves osu!, which is what I'm proposing here. Showing how many slider breaks (the two types) you've got on a map.
VelperK
epic drawning theo

support ofc :)

also make sure (peppy) to check this one too for ctb! t/90924
Topic Starter
theowest
The redesign:
bwross
I'm well aware of what's shown on the CtB screen. The droplets are typically at tick rate 4 (for TR 3 maps they're at 6), so if the map uses TR 4, they don't appear at all, only the big drops (this results in maps where FC == SS). What's missing from that screen are the missed droplets... the caught droplets are there, the missed fruit/drops is there, but the missed droplets are only listed on the website. Droplets aren't just accuracy, they're also worth 10 points and add to Total Hits.

Also, when you're done with CtB, that also leaves Taiko (not just CtB). The ultimate request is simply, "Show the misses that aren't already counted on the score screen"... because the X count on every mode comes up short in that regard.

And stop calling them slider breaks if you want to include tail drops. That's confusing. Tail drops simply don't break. It needs a better name. Or perhaps, slider breaks and tail drops should be listed separately.

Edit: And that graph isn't useless. When playing Autopilot/Relax, it's the way to see if a screw up would have been fatal.

Edit 2: Also, it would probably be better to group misses together and hits together. Ie, swap the spin bonus and the misses.
Topic Starter
theowest

bwross wrote:

What's missing from that screen are the missed droplets...
There's already a feature request for that: t/90924
I'm not changing anything else. Stop complaining and support VelperK's request. I'm not talking about CtB in my request.

bwross wrote:

Also, it would probably be better to group misses together and hits together. Ie, swap the spin bonus and the misses.
Good idea.
Mira-san
He meant this way.
Nessuka
yes
deadbeat

bwross wrote:

Also, it would probably be better to group misses together and hits together. Ie, swap the spin bonus and the misses.
I can see why you would think that, but i think keeping the miss where is it is better imo. reason being because it belongs more with the 300's/100's/50's whereas the slider breaks and spin bonus is just extra information
Topic Starter
theowest

Mira-san wrote:

He meant this way.
yes, thank you.
deadbeat

theowest wrote:

Mira-san wrote:

He meant this way.
yes, thank you.
the hit300g.png doesn't need to be there imo though. keep that out and put the hit0.png back where it was and then yeah. thats about right
Mira-san

deadbeat wrote:

theowest wrote:

yes, thank you.
the hit300g.png doesn't need to be there imo though. keep that out and put the hit0.png back where it was and then yeah. thats about right
I created it. Will do. c:
bwross

theowest wrote:

bwross wrote:

What's missing from that screen are the missed droplets...
There's already a feature request for that: t/90924
I'm not changing anything else. Stop complaining and support VelperK's request. I'm not talking about CtB in my request.
Actually, you were (complete with a screen shot). I had assumed that that matter was settled, but apparently it wasn't. When I said that, it was in response to you saying that nothing was missing... so naturally it needed further discussion, because there was something missing (plus I felt that I should fill in what your research on droplets missed).

Of course I know about that request, I linked to it in this thread, VelperK has linked to it, and now you've linked it (I think everyone here knows that thread's number by heart now). Which is fine by me... go ahead and keep linking these requests together. I'm not complaining. :)

It also occurs to me that it would be even better to not have text for these things... icons would fit better with skins and the other items on the screen. Plus, it saves on localization. I'm thinking that slider misses might be able to be done like CtB misses... a combination of the skin's slider tick with hit0 (yeah, that doesn't really cover tails... maybe a small (CS10?) slider with an X would be better?). Spinner bonus could use spinner-circle (I've looked through a few skins, including the default template, and they do look good enough reduced). Other modes could substitute their equivalent graphics.

deadbeat wrote:

bwross wrote:

I can see why you would think that, but i think keeping the miss where is it is better imo. reason being because it belongs more with the 300's/100's/50's whereas the slider breaks and spin bonus is just extra information
The misses are in the column with geki and katu, which aren't score/combo things like 300s/100s/50s, they're bonuses to the HP meter. So I really don't see it as too important to keep it where it is... not when swapping it with the spinner bonus in that mockup would put it at the bottom of the column with the 300s/100s/50s... grouping it both ways (with hits in the column, with fellow misses in the row).
deadbeat

bwross wrote:

The misses are in the column with geki and katu, which aren't score/combo things like 300s/100s/50s, they're bonuses to the HP meter. So I really don't see it as too important to keep it where it is... not when swapping it with the spinner bonus in that mockup would put it at the bottom of the column with the 300s/100s/50s... grouping it both ways (with hits in the column, with fellow misses in the row).
i'd still rather keep them where they are. i'm pretty much gonna be pretty stubborn on this sorry :(
i think the original(yet badly drawn) mock up image i made should work just fine. oh, and thanks for the nicer image btw mira-san. looks good
Mira-san

deadbeat wrote:

bwross wrote:

i'd still rather keep them where they are. i'm pretty much gonna be pretty stubborn on this sorry :(
i think the original(yet badly drawn) mock up image i made should work just fine. oh, and thanks for the nicer image btw mira-san. looks good
Thanks. :D
Keredna
Is this request also including the spinner bonus? If it does, can you make the end result display the total bonus score (including the amount generated by the multiplier)?
Cuz from what I know, a 5000 spinner bonus at 300 combo is not the same as the 5000 bonus at 400 combo.
Topic Starter
theowest

Keredna wrote:

Is this request also including the spinner bonus? If it does, can you make the end result display the total bonus score (including the amount generated by the multiplier)?
Cuz from what I know, a 5000 spinner bonus at 300 combo is not the same as the 5000 bonus at 400 combo.
this request does: t/100578
BusterBeachside
I'm glad I searched before making my own request, yours is a bit more thought-out! xD I hate seeing that I got an S Rank but my Max Combo is only at about half of what the map's actual Max Combo is. I would use my last star to support this, but there seems to be a second topic regarding the Spinner Bonus part of your request (which I also support, but like I said, only one star left... :<), so I have to choose now. xD I think I'll save it for another request... But if I ever get my hands on another star, your topics will be first on my list! x3
Kuro
Not a bad idea, support

Offtopic: In fact that just gave me another idea o/

Wtf, nevermind... You beat me to it! Going to go bump it! \o/
- Sugoi Sugoi -
bump
outta
no
where
o/
Bara-
I like this