forum

[Archived] Song Selection Stuttering especially when searching

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FuLygon
Problem details: as i said in the title. Welp the thing is this wasn't happen week ago, everything as fine and went smoothly. Just few day ago i messed up something with windows i think, now the game start to lag af whenever i enter song selection screen and this lag is even more when im searching as i show in the video, the lag when enter song selection screen from menu and back from gameplay is small not huge, but i did show the clip when i go back to song selection from editor, the lag is just like when i searching a song, take pretty long to process. I did say above that osu run completely fine week ago, my gpu is 750ti, not strong but clearly can run osu at stable framerate and latency around 0.6~1.5ms, good thing is that it only happen in song selection screen, gameplay i think is the same as before, no increase in latency, there no lag during gameplay *yet*, im been playing with this issue for like 2 days now, so i guess the gameplay performance is fine. The only thing that annoying me much is that everytime i search, the game just freeze for 1-2s, very annoying, i cant remember what i just did with windows, but i do remember i did upgrade to window 10 1909, using disk clean up to clean up few thing (previous version of windows, windows update file, delivery optimization, recycle bin and temporary file), delete everything in %temp% since the temp folder is like 8gb, using CCleaner to clean up, scan and fix registry, that all i can remember, and i dont know what cause this issue, i did reverse some action but not work, cant go back to previous version of windows since i already clean up Windows.old folder. I wanna know if there anyway to fix this, or anyone have fixed this problem before, i need help.

The thing i have tried:
- repair osu
- try cutting edge/beta
- Vsync, power saving, optimal and unlimited framerate
- run osu in compatibility mode
- delete osu.db (i delete it like 3 4 times already)
- reinstall gpu driver (uninstall using ddu)
- threaded optimization off/auto in nvidia control panel
- remove all aspire map
- delete osucollection.db
- disable/enable fullscreen optimization & shader cache
- SysMain/Superfetch disabled

The only thing i haven't try is reinstalled osu, and reset windows 10 (which i really dont want to since i have a lot of data in my computer).

So i really need some help about this problem ;_;

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://youtu.be/Lqk7_ou22sk

osu! version: Stable 20191129.3 (latest)
Topic Starter
FuLygon
any help guy ;_;
Death
Have you tried restarting your computer at all? Sometimes that seems to fix this. If it doesn't, this is probably the same as this issue: https://github.com/ppy/osu-stable-issues/issues/222
Topic Starter
FuLygon

Death wrote:

Have you tried restarting your computer at all? Sometimes that seems to fix this. If it doesn't, this is probably the same as this issue: https://github.com/ppy/osu-stable-issues/issues/222

I did restarted a lot tho, and yeah it look like i have the same issue, is there any way i can download older version of osu to make sure that it is game issue and not my windows issue ?, because i never have this kind of issue before
Death
This is not.