forum

[Archived] Sudden freezing during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
supermarsbar1
Occasionally when I play a beatmap and get up to a section of a song where there is something such as a burst, the screen freezes for around .8-1 sec. This is obviously very problematic and I have failed many plays that I believe are good for someone at my skill level. I have tried finding other solutions to my problem, but have only found osu! forum posts from 3-6 years ago, which I believe are very outdated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

osu! version: Stable 20191129.3 (latest)
Death
Depending on the post you found from 3-6 years ago I'd imagine they could still possibly contain some useful information. Does this happen at the same point in every beatmap or is it seemingly random? Does this still happen when using the default skin?
Topic Starter
supermarsbar1

Death wrote:

Depending on the post you found from 3-6 years ago I'd imagine they could still possibly contain some useful information. Does this happen at the same point in every beatmap or is it seemingly random? Does this still happen when using the default skin?

Sometimes it happens at the same point in a beatmap, other times it doesn't. This is an issue that is happening to me only fairly recently.
Death
Does this still happen when using the default skin?
Topic Starter
supermarsbar1

Death wrote:

Does this still happen when using the default skin?

It doesn't happen with the default skin or with any other skins. It only happens with the skin I use the most.
Death
Do you have a link to that skin? It is probably using some very large files or animations with a ton of frames (or a combination of both) that is causing you to lag.
Topic Starter
supermarsbar1