forum

[resolved] Osu sudden lag problem (solved)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aquafina
Problem details: Earlier today my osu was randomly getting stuck booting (when i tried to boot the game it would show the osu icon in the taskbar but wouldn't open) so i decided to reinstall the game, which made sense at the time. So i reinstall the game and it does end up opening but it is lagging extremely hard (i've had osu for a very long time now on my computer and i usually run the game at about 140 fps with no lag spikes) I couldn't find a clear solution online and i came here for help. My drivers are all updated and this problem has never happened to me before today. I am using a laptop with windows 10 home, an Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU, and my graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: (the game furiously lagging) ----> https://streamable.com/s/6coya/kihduz

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20191202
Death
Have you tried shutting down and restarting your computer yet? Is your laptop plugged in?
Topic Starter
Aquafina

Death wrote:

Have you tried shutting down and restarting your computer yet? Is your laptop plugged in?

Yes my laptop is plugged in and i restarted my computer. I also made sure it was on the latest windows update.
Death
Do you have any applications that run at startup that happen to be eating up a ton of resources? Is your laptop overheating or something?

As far as I know nothing significant changed today, so I would look for things on your computer that may have changed. Might help you find the issue faster.
Topic Starter
Aquafina

Death wrote:

Do you have any applications that run at startup that happen to be eating up a ton of resources? Is your laptop overheating or something?

As far as I know nothing significant changed today, so I would look for things on your computer that may have changed. Might help you find the issue faster.

Turns out cortana and My antivirus were killing osu for no reason. Running the game as administrator along with restarting cortana seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for the help!