forum

Having a super hard time switching from mouse to tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jermux
After a week+ of using the tablet, i am still really bad with it. Like really really bad.

I used to be able to consistently fc 5-5.5*, but now i cannot even pass some 5.5*

I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem, but just bruteforced through and practiced, or am I really just the odd one who will never learn tablet and should stick to mouse?
Gracidea
I also struggled switching from mouse to tablet - like a lot. It took me 2 whole months to reach the point of skill with my tablet, I had with my mouse. It was a hard time, but I kept trying and at the end I got rewarded.

I guess you'll have to find out if tablet fits you by playing more. And if not, it's not bad. Everyone has different preferences :D
Topic Starter
Jermux

Gracidea wrote:

I also struggled switching from mouse to tablet - like a lot. It took me 2 whole months to reach the point of skill with my tablet, I had with my mouse. It was a hard time, but I kept trying and at the end I got rewarded.

I guess you'll have to find out if tablet fits you by playing more. And if not, it's not bad. Everyone has different preferences :D

I think i'll give it a month or two and make my final decision after that

Thank you though, everyone else says they got used to it in a few days. Glad to know I'm not the only one haha
Icysandwich
That's weird... It only took me 2 days to get used to tablet. Have you tried changing around the active area? And if so, did you set it accordingly to your mouse, because that can affect your adaptability to your tablet also.

I want to ask what is your mouse sens? If it's pretty high DPI like the normal 1,600 I would say make your active area of the tablet a but small and if you played with mouse sens low like 550, then try making the active area a bit bigger.

Also try dragging instead of hovering, it's easier to adapt to than hovering straight away. You can drag if you press f10, this disabled mouse functions, or maybe take out the nib.

I also want to mention that if you disable Windows ink in you tablet's driver, you can enable raw input for tablet. Also try setting "confine mouse" to never and map absolute raw input.
lolboatz

DefecatION wrote:

That's weird... It only took me 2 days to get used to tablet. Have you tried changing around the active area? And if so, did you set it accordingly to your mouse, because that can affect your adaptability to your tablet also.

I want to ask what is your mouse sens? If it's pretty high DPI like the normal 1,600 I would say make your active area of the tablet a but small and if you played with mouse sens low like 550, then try making the active area a bit bigger.

Also try dragging instead of hovering, it's easier to adapt to than hovering straight away. You can drag if you press f10, this disabled mouse functions, or maybe take out the nib.

I also want to mention that if you disable Windows ink in you tablet's driver, you can enable raw input for tablet. Also try setting "confine mouse" to never and map absolute raw input.

Maybe it's because you don't have a lot of playtime on mouse. For me, and a lot of mouse players (7 day+) that switched to tablet usually took around 2-3 months.