edit 777 post
Tenshichan
nice ;)
x847606653
又rank
YodaSnipe
April fool's day is passed ppl jesus christ >.>
kriers
Joker - everything that is wrong with 2013 maps.
dkun
Unranking due to readability issues and some internal discussion. Please read below. (Other staff members should be adding their opinions as well on this map.)

This mod is WIP. Expect edits.

Joker
  1. Tick 2 is a must on this difficulty.
  2. 00:19:896 (5) - How does a player know how slow this is? Note: 00:15:696 (5) -
  3. 01:35:946 (1,1) - This overlap needs to go.
  4. 01:45:996 (2,1) - This is blatantly unreadable without tick rate 2.
  5. 01:55:296 (1) - Is this really a slowdown? It should speed up, if you want to be consistent with 00:57:696 (1) -
  6. 02:15:096 (5,6,7,8,1) - The stream needs to go outwards, not inwards.
Skystar
  1. Tick 2 as well.
  2. 00:19:896 (4,1) - 0.5 -> 1.5x? Just no. Also the path of the second slider makes this literally almost unreadable, if not unreadable.
Garven
Just a couple observations on the Joker diff since this was brought up in #lounge.

First, tick rate 2 of course. These slider speed changes are unreadable otherwise.

All the soft hitsounds with 1/4 spam everywhere doesn't fit this very loud song at all.

03:36:096 (1,1,1,1,1) - Please don't new combo spam.
03:58:296 (1,1,1,1) - ^

02:33:996 (1,1,1,1) - This sudden slowdown doesn't really fit well with the song at this point - especially with that acceleration right afterward.

The bad sliders were already pointed out be dkun.
MMzz
Posting my opinion on something for more clarification.

00:19:896 (5) - This note is a readability trap. Looking at 00:16:296 (7) - , they are a compareable length, so it can be safe to assume that 00:19:896 (5) - is the start of a 1/4 triplet, 00:20:196 (1) - being the last note. But its not.
00:38:346 (5) - You do the concept I explained above, so you are just conflicting your use of short sliders, that is very bad for readability because it leads the player to guessing the nature of these short sliders every time they appear.
00:41:046 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1,2) - Then this and everything similar to it is just blatantly overmapped, not acceptable at all.

Other staff had some issues too, they will most likely post too.
val0108
LOL

3BAT MOD.

00:58:821 (5,1) - The devil jump lol
03:27:696 (1,2) - I thought this to be near timing.
03:55:896 (3,4) - I don't know this just stack hidden sliders.ask BAT.

go rerank!
Lach
00:16:896 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - for starters, they aren't all the same spacing, but they should honestly just keep the same form but be connected.
Zeraph
Val + Lach 3 hit BAT combo break.
gg.
pw384
what
SapphireGhost

dkun wrote:

(Other staff members should be adding their opinions as well on this map.)
If you need evidence that this map is readable, I was able to sightread Skystar, Regou and Joker and then achieved an FC on all three difficulties (with HD on Regou). I understand that some users find the map less readable, for which the lower difficulties are available. However, there is an audience for this kind of map that finds it playable and the unrank is subjective rather than objective.

I strongly disagree with the unranking of this map and I'm disappointed to see it done so quickly without any discussion in the Moderator's Lounge. If the map was literally impossible to sightread, then I would not have been able to sightread it.
YodaSnipe
Can't tell if he's actually srs lol
pw384

SapphireGhost wrote:

However, there is an audience for this kind of map that finds it playable and the unrank is subjective rather than objective.
The same opinion
eikkaleyd

384059043 wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

However, there is an audience for this kind of map that finds it playable and the unrank is subjective rather than objective.
The same opinion
The same opinion
YodaSnipe
You all have bad opinions.

(lol'd at subjective opinions I kill myself XD)
kriers

SapphireGhost wrote:

dkun wrote:

(Other staff members should be adding their opinions as well on this map.)
If you need evidence that this map is readable, I was able to sightread Skystar, Regou and Joker and then achieved an FC on all three difficulties (with HD on Regou). I understand that some users find the map less readable, for which the lower difficulties are available. However, there is an audience for this kind of map that finds it playable and the unrank is subjective rather than objective.

I strongly disagree with the unranking of this map and I'm disappointed to see it done so quickly without any discussion in the Moderator's Lounge. If the map was literally impossible to sightread, then I would not have been able to sightread it.
says one of the best pattern readers in the game.

I certainly hope you don't think your reading capabilities should set the standard for everyone else in this game.
raririn
all the difficulties are readable imo but im not staff member so
hehe
Lan wings

384059043 wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

The same opinion
dkun

kriers wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

I certainly hope you don't think your reading capabilities should set the standard for everyone else in this game.
Thanks.
YodaSnipe

kriers wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

I think this is the most perfect statement ever.
Jarby

kriers wrote:

Good thing there are five other difficulties
SapphireGhost

kriers wrote:

No, they do not. However, maps cannot appeal to everybody. Some maps are difficult to play for reasons like a fast stream speed or large jumps and not all players can play these patterns. I cannot request that these maps be unranked because not everyone can play them. Part of the difficulty of this map is the fact that the patterns are difficult to read, which some people can and cannot do. This does not make the map unrankable, because the patterns are not impossible to read.

I am certainly not the only player in the game that can read this map, but I realize there are not many and I realize I have the unpopular opinion amongst the BAT. I am still going to support it, because an unpopular opinion is not an incorrect one. I respectfully disagree and I hope you can return that respect.
pw384

kriers wrote:

SapphireGhost wrote:

Well, some of the players even can't play Normal diff. Should we unrank ALL mapsets?

还是那句老话。贵圈真乱。
呵呵。
Megurine Luka

Jarby wrote:

kriers wrote:

Good thing there are five other difficulties
And yes pro maps designed for pros

To other posters: better to use English instead of Chinese. Using Chinese worth nothing and would make the argument more serious.
YodaSnipe

384059043 wrote:

Well, some of the players even can't play Normal diff. Should we unrank ALL mapsets?

还是那句老话。贵圈真乱。
呵呵。
You kill me man. Best jokes of all time <3 you to death.
[Mahua]
人家作图就是为了玩 如果因为读图不是很好就un掉 我只能说麻痹不服别玩啊
MountainBrother

kriers wrote:

same to you.
pw384

YodaSnipe wrote:

384059043 wrote:

还是那句老话。贵圈真乱。
呵呵。
You kill me man. Best jokes of all time <3 you to death.
I believe I am serious enough. Understand or not, it's your choice.

EDIT: 为什么总是给我自动加e2 @ar3

EDIT2: 不服不要玩,再见。
mintong89

qq944364487 wrote:

人家作图就是为了玩 如果因为读图不是很好就un掉 我只能说麻痹不服别玩啊
+1

bybf bfbyw
Flask
If you can't play Joker why not try my easy ;_;
YodaSnipe

384059043 wrote:

还是那句老话。贵圈真乱。
呵呵。

384059043 wrote:

Bro let's get it on- All mapsets are now being unranked.
xsrsbsns

SapphireGhost wrote:

kriers wrote:

No, they do not. However, maps cannot appeal to everybody. Some maps are difficult to play for reasons like a fast stream speed or large jumps and not all players can play these patterns. I cannot request that these maps be unranked because not everyone can play them. Part of the difficulty of this map is the fact that the patterns are difficult to read, which some people can and cannot do. This does not make the map unrankable, because the patterns are not impossible to read.

I am certainly not the only player in the game that can read this map, but I realize there are not many and I realize I have the unpopular opinion amongst the BAT. I am still going to support it, because an unpopular opinion is not an incorrect one. I respectfully disagree and I hope you can return that respect.
This is definitely the most beautiful BAT post I have ever read.
raririn

Flask wrote:

If you can't play Joker why not try my easy ;_;
maybe Regou's Normal is more challenging to them ww

YodaSnipe wrote:

384059043 wrote:

还是那句老话。贵圈真乱。
呵呵。

384059043 wrote:

Bro let's get it on- All mapsets are now being unranked.
why are you so serious about this?
show more