forum

ive completely plateaued

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corruptopus
I cant gain or lose ranks anymore? Also, I'm doing way worse. On my profile, I've just plateaued for a while now. Any advice? Reasons? Anything? I played 200 times in 3 hours today and I've gained exactly 5 ranks, so I'm kinda confused as to why I'm doing so poor. Maybe I should start drinking coffee again? I stopped drinking any a while ago at all, and I haven't had any in weeks. Could that negatively affect my performance?
Gracidea
According to my experiences through the years, I can tell you it's normal to have ups and downs and gaining no ranks for a certain time. Just play like you did before and you'll start to improve again. It may be daunting to suddenly achieving no progress at all, because you did in the past months. If you try hard enough on fixing your weaknesses, you can achieve anything! trust me. I had similar times where I nearly did't improve for 2-3 years even tho I was really active and keen on improving.

Also I don't think that coffee has such a strong effect on your osu skills tho. You can just play with or without drinking coffee.

I hope I could help you and that you will start improving soon! :D
Endaris
If you don't lose ranks, you aren't hitting a plateau at all.
It simply means that you improve as fast as everyone else at your rank! Which is still improvement.
A plateau looks like this:
illyTheKid

Corruptopus wrote:

I cant gain or lose ranks anymore? Also, I'm doing way worse. On my profile, I've just plateaued for a while now. Any advice? Reasons? Anything? I played 200 times in 3 hours today and I've gained exactly 5 ranks, so I'm kinda confused as to why I'm doing so poor. Maybe I should start drinking coffee again? I stopped drinking any a while ago at all, and I haven't had any in weeks. Could that negatively affect my performance?

I was in the same situation a while back(still visible on my graph) and I feel like I'm entering another long plateau now as well. Previous posters got it right. At periods like this the best thing to do, in my opinion, is to forget about ranks and just continue playing for "fun" as much as possible without frustrating yourself about pp or ranks.
Almost
You've plateaued in ranking not in skill. Learn the difference.
dung eater
200 playcount in 3 hours sounds like you retry mid song and/or play really short songs. Try longer stuff.
Halsch

Gracidea wrote:

According to my experiences through the years, I can tell you it's normal to have ups and downs and gaining no ranks for a certain time. Just play like you did before and you'll start to improve again. It may be daunting to suddenly achieving no progress at all, because you did in the past months. If you try hard enough on fixing your weaknesses, you can achieve anything! trust me. I had similar times where I nearly did't improve for 2-3 years even tho I was really active and keen on improving.

Also I don't think that coffee has such a strong effect on your osu skills tho. You can just play with or without drinking coffee.

I hope I could help you and that you will start improving soon! :D

I can only agree with the statement, at least I experienced it myself xD
marcelo

Endaris wrote:

It simply means that you improve as fast as everyone else at your rank! Which is still improvement.

Looks like a downward hill rather than a plateau lol
Endaris

nloader wrote:

Endaris wrote:

That's only due to the nature of the graph. It is a skill plateau.
Check the following graph to see the difference:

The part roughly between the green bars is a rank plateau. As you can see, despite "being stuck" my pp increased from ~2900 to ~3300 in that period. As you can see from the steady rise of pp over time, I was continously improving. This is progress and nothing to be worried about. If you "plateau" like that, you're in a good spot because you're improving on a daily basis.
The other thing is a skill plateau. I was unable to improve and as a result my rank went down. This is being stuck and is something to be worried about. The peculiar jump after is - by the way - an update of the pp calculation that gave me like 250pp without me doing anything.
(and yes, mid 2015 you were top 50k with just 1600pp)
Almost

Endaris wrote:

nloader wrote:

Endaris wrote:

That's only due to the nature of the graph. It is a skill plateau.
Check the following graph to see the difference:

The part roughly between the green bars is a rank plateau. As you can see, despite "being stuck" my pp increased from ~2900 to ~3300 in that period. As you can see from the steady rise of pp over time, I was continously improving. This is progress and nothing to be worried about. If you "plateau" like that, you're in a good spot because you're improving on a daily basis.
The other thing is a skill plateau. I was unable to improve and as a result my rank went down. This is being stuck and is something to be worried about. The peculiar jump after is - by the way - an update of the pp calculation that gave me like 250pp without me doing anything.
(and yes, mid 2015 you were top 50k with just 1600pp)

Tl;dr rank is not a reflection of your skill but your skill relative to others.
Hiiiii5
just take a break for a week so your body and eyes can rest from too much osu. When you come back, you will lose some of your skills but if you play after that, your skills will rapidly come back and even better than before. It works for me but taking a break is very important.