forum

Taiko World Cup #3 (Concluded - Taiwan wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xakyrie
Is anyone interested in being a commentator for the tournament? There's permanent spots open for now since we're really at a lack of them, and guests if you only want to comment on certain matches. If I actually get enough people wanting to guest commentate, it might eliminate the need for another permanent member!

Anyways if you want to, message me in-game since I need to put it in the schedule asap. If I'm not on, just forum PM me then. Please make sure you speak generally good English and have good mic quality. More information will be given upon contact.

I hope to see some messages in the next 36 hours or so!
Niko-nyan

HashishKabob wrote:

Noraway
oh lol
MMzz

Xakyrie wrote:

Is anyone interested in being a commentator for the tournament? There's permanent spots open for now since we're really at a lack of them, and guests if you only want to comment on certain matches. If I actually get enough people wanting to guest commentate, it might eliminate the need for another permanent member!

Anyways if you want to, message me in-game since I need to put it in the schedule asap. If I'm not on, just forum PM me then. Please make sure you speak generally good English and have good mic quality. More information will be given upon contact.

I hope to see some messages in the next 36 hours or so!
Yeah don't leave me all alone with Mr Color guys. :(
Yuzeyun
I could eventually try to but idk really lol
Touche
Tomorrow aaaa i'm nervious
DarkStoorM
Nice date. What if we have only 2 players now?

[edit]No, we don't have anyone that we can message right now to play with us.
Haruka_old
Nice date? The schedule has been up for days and notices were sent out approximately 3 days ago to all captains about their scheduled match time with the exception of a few select match ups that does not include your own. Your captain had a sufficient opportunity to provide us with ideal times in which your team could play at, yet failed to do so. All consequences are outlined not only in the rules, but a message sent to all captains quoted the consequences as a reminder. If your team only has 2 players available, please read rule #13 under tournament rules in the OP. No team roster changes are allowed and no exceptions will be made.

Let this serve as an example for the other teams why it is absolutely imperative to send in their times on time and also to read the damn rules.
DarkStoorM
I don't mind, to be honest and I don't care too. I was just asking and found out that thing, but too lazy to edit again.
It's not that important to me, so... you know. I don't have to play o:
And I won't. Good luck to everyone
C:

eot
BrokenArrow
GG Poland, at least you tried! o/
..oh wait.
abrian
just wondering if i dont have time to watchh TWC live, will i be able to watch it later? any recording?
BrokenArrow
Yes, livestreams will be recorded like every year.
totoco
GLHF Everyone :D
Cyclohexane

abrian159 wrote:

just wondering if i dont have time to watchh TWC live, will i be able to watch it later? any recording?
As BrokenArrow said, yes. All the streams of the matches will be available as well as the mp links for every match and the results disclosed.

Tune in in 8 hours 30 minutes for the opening match of this tournament, Poland - Chile!
Hope to see you all there!
HashishKabob

Mr Color wrote:

Tune in in 8 hours 30 minutes for the opening match of this tournament, Poland - Chile!
Hope to see you all there!
I'm just hoping to see ANYONE there at this point. >.>
karterfreak
I'll be managing a twitter for TWC @ https://twitter.com/TWC2013. Make sure to follow for the most TWC coverage possible.
Acrith
Guys.

As the captain of Poland team, I would like to play 2v2 with Chile A. Reason is simple - we lost contact with one of our members since... week? Maybe even longer, and we can't do anything in this case (Nekoyan). Of course, I talked about it with captain of Chile A team, and he agreed.

Also, I would like to add a backup asap, and if it's possible, to solve problems like this with my team. I didn't expect I would need a backup, but sometimes things going out of control. I guess it's also my fault.

With regards.

proof: http://puu.sh/1VUqH
Touche

Acrith wrote:

Guys.

As the captain of Poland team, I would like to play 2v2 with Chile A. Reason is simple - we lost contact with one of our members since... week? Maybe even longer, and we can't do anything in this case (Nekoyan). Of course, I talked about it with captain of Chile A team, and he agreed.

Also, I would like to add a backup asap, and if it's possible, to solve problems like this with my team. I didn't expect I would need a backup, but sometimes things going out of control. I guess it's also my fault.

With regards.

proof: http://puu.sh/1VUqH
Accepting this, I can play a 2v2 with Poland if you accept, staff. This is because we (Chile) can't play tomorrow and Sunday :s
Haruka_old
Well no postponements will be made anyway, lol. 2 vs 2 between Poland and Chile A will be allowed.

As for the roster change Acrith, please await a response from Loctav since this is a special case.
totoco
HArd to admit that,but i'mafraid Ukraine's team will probably play 2 vs 2 match aswell (if spain's captain will accept this) :C
Met Hikkiko today and he said that he'll need to go to his hometown tomorrow.

i'll try to make something about this...
MrDonut
Well, that's a pity.
totoco

MrDonut wrote:

Well, that's a pity.
Sarcasm, huh? :D
Xakyrie

totoco wrote:

HArd to admit that,but i'mafraid Ukraine's team will probably play 2 vs 2 match aswell (if spain's captain will accept this) :C
Met Hikkiko today and he said that he'll need to go to his hometown tomorrow.

i'll try to make something about this...
These matches were set well before today, there should be no 2 vs. 2 matches and there is absolutely NO excuse at this point. All teams had their opportunity to submit times. As a captain, you should make sure your team is trustworthy enough to place the tournament on a high priority for at least the next 3 weeks and show up. Such excuses like "he has to go out of town" is unacceptable and any sort of discussion about it will be terminated. Without sufficient information to help us classify each case as special, we will just continue on as if nothing was ever brought up. All these miniscule details were given to you in my first private message to all captains so that these things could be prevented. Do not take advantage of the system that has been set up. You abuse it, you suffer the consequences.

Anyways, it seems like the first REAL match will be Canada B vs. Philippines...damn I swear, there should be consequences for teams who show up with only two members without reason.
totoco
No one knew this could happen :/
Doing my best to make him appear online at the time
-Kazu-
it sounds like
"Disqualified. Reason : Having a strict family"
:v only saying huehuehue
Touche
I'm nervous ;_;
Slih
i think, that is a game not the reallife oO
Dooms
Ahh ;_;. I have to miss the first match. Hopefully it'll be entertaining on video later! :D.
totoco
Waiting aswell. and practicing :D

no vodeo on twitch. am i the only one?...
OnosakiHito
Just wait for Loctavs/staffs decission about this 2 vs 2 case.
Also you can read following in the rules:

13. 2 vs 2 match is available only in the Group stage if no more than 3 players in one of two teams can be ready for the match.
 13-1. Captains of both teams should agree and permission of tournament manager is needed.
 13-2. The manager can disqualify a team if the team abuses 3 vs 3 match.

Good luck to the praticipants!
Touche
Let's go Chile A!
totoco

T o u c h e wrote:

Let's go Chile A!
LEEERRROOOOOOOOOYYY JEEEENKIIINNSS!!!
abrian
ggwp..
Two Fruit Cakes
What's this talk of best of 5? The rules clearly state that is it first to 4 wins (Best of 7.) Have the rules changed without notifying anybody?

Edit: Should Chile not have won on Starmine? Regardless of the problems with rules and such? They won 4 matches.
karterfreak

Two Fruit Cakes wrote:

What's this talk of best of 5? The rules clearly state that is it first to 4 wins (Best of 7.) Have the rules changed without notifying anybody?

Edit: Should Chile not have won on Starmine? Regardless of the problems with rules and such? They won 4 matches.
Notice how the first post got edited my MMzz. There was a "typo" in rule 12 of matches.
Topic Starter
Loctav
In future, please refer to the rule that is supposed to explain it, not to something else.
Also made huge changes on how refereeing works. Everyone got informed. Should simplify a lot. Adjusted match instructions according to it. Please consult them to notice the changes. Thank you.
totoco
....sooo.......... can i ask for permission to have 2v2 game in case if one of our teammates will fail to come at time (unexpected last second problems)?
Xakyrie
I guess I failed to emphasize that it's not against the rules to have a 2v2 match in group stage, lol. However this strictness is to prepare teams for what kind of consequences will incur if such a fault were to happen past group stage. It will be allowed, totoco.
totoco
Thank you! ^^

sorry about that :c
no one knew that things like this could happen to a guy...
HashishKabob
real life shit happens, usually when we don't want it to.
Niko-nyan
o.o
show more