forum

Taiko World Cup #3 (Concluded - Taiwan wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Luanny]
I'm your daddy MUST be on finals.
wmfchris
So I should get reserve a place here as a info thread if necessary before more people replying :x

Do you guys think commentation on the live boardcasting acceptable?
Pheon

Mr Color wrote:

First actual reply woooo

Yeah I might be able to stream if my internet connection allows it but I'm pretty confident that it will. Don't quote me on it yet though. I have to go through a proper phase of testing. If I judge the quality good enough, I'll offer my services to you guys.
I had the first actual reply but it got deleted because Mittens' post had to be the first reply. <<;

Do you guys think commentation on the live boardcasting acceptable?
That's what my first post was about, I wanted to apply for shoutcasting..
Topic Starter
Loctav
Adding Survey for Shoutcast thing.
MMzz
I guess commentary can work, as long as we stick to English.

EDIT: No commentary during actual gameplay though, just before matches happen to keep everyone up to speed. We don't want to interrupt the music and such.
Topic Starter
Loctav

MMzz wrote:

EDIT: No commentary during actual gameplay though, just before matches happen to keep everyone up to speed. We don't want to interrupt the music and such.
I like this idea the most, to be honest.
Nyquill

MMzz wrote:

I guess commentary can work, as long as we stick to English.

Thats how it works for most live rhythm game tournaments. The ones konami hold in japan are like this as well.
wmfchris
How about text commentaries
Cyclohexane
I would be glad to provide audio commentary if I get to stream. I speak on vent very often and although I'm not an English native speaker, I do my best for my accent to be as understandable as possible. Also, I have some experience commenting on streams, if you remember back last year with ztrot's weekly stream, I was in fact a regular commentator on there as well.

Text commentary would be okay but typing is much slower than speaking, so it kinda loses its "live" charm
Zekira
Not joining anymore because PH is just gonna lose by DQ again anyway
HeatKai
I'll bookmarked this thing up ;3 and audio commentary would be great ;3
Topic Starter
Loctav
Rule changed regarding Multi-Country registration. Please refer to registration instructions and Tournament Instructions

Edit: Also changed binational rule. They are reallowed, but only under preset circumstances.
Fraolinch
Good luck everyone~
Vish024
Wouldn't mind being a commentator.
Firce777
ok, i think i have enough time to be the staff this year :D
Sakamotosan-w -
wow :3
[Luanny]

wmfchris wrote:

How about text commentaries
Nah, too many tl;dr D:
lepidopodus
At least we have a lot more time to discuss about TWC before it starts.
s ranker disc
wht bwt ctb live for me i mean i dont even practise but im so pro i get 1 million on every song no matter what song and im beast 8-) :lol:
MYRKUL
YESYESYESYESYES.
Give me da katsus
CARRI
wowowo :) How exciting and I want to start
Topic Starter
Loctav
Go go then, create your Teams and sign up!

Added OnosakiHito to Mapset selectors
Xakyrie
...watch no one sign up until the last month.
that would be horrible :?
Flanster
As said earlier I would like to be one of the referees, just posting here.
Vish024
If possible, you could have streams in multiple languages. You could use the language diversity we have here for that.
MMzz

LaVolpe024 wrote:

If possible, you could have streams in multiple languages. You could use the language diversity we have here for that.
Depends on how many streams we have available. Last years things got tight with streaming so we're gonna need some dedicated folks.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Well, more streamers and referees make it more possible to have some matches simultaneously.
Also, I'd like to stick with English to ensure that most people can understand every stream.
OzzyOzrock
COMMENTARY!? I'd LOVE to commentate a match even if I'm playing oh my god
Topic Starter
Loctav
Do you even want to participate, Ozzy? HashishKabob was asking for this.. D:
Sync
OnosakiHito
Sync, we know how to spell your name in Taiko-language.
Well, I think we are getting a bit spami here? haha
Cristian
^ ... Náh, I don't use that language

But now seriously, i won't do et in the nicely like the other one so, be ready people.
wmfchris

OnosakiHito wrote:

Sync, we know how to spell your name in Taiko-language.
Well, I think we are getting a bit spami here? haha
dkdkkdd ddddkkd ddkdddk ddkkkdd

ACSII conversion

It DO make sense XDDDDD
OzzyOzrock

Loctav wrote:

Do you even want to participate, Ozzy? HashishKabob was asking for this.. D:
I am going to participate more than the participants
Noobita
my dream OF multiteam IL/anothercountry will stay a dream, i guess...
[Luanny]
don't give up Probita :<
Topic Starter
Loctav
Added Match Scheduler and two Referees.
OzzyOzrock
Would commentaries need to be live or is there a possibility for it to be done after and then uploaded etc. like most other game's tournaments
Nyquill

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Would commentaries need to be live or is there a possibility for it to be done after and then uploaded etc. like most other game's tournaments
Streams on Twitch automatically record the VoDs. I don't see a need for post-tournament re-uploading of VoDs (In which you would edit in your own commentary).

Besides, "most" other game's tournaments either provide replay data or some form of medium to re-create the game played. I still wish that osu would have better support for multiplayer spectating though.
Mara
You need a live commentary? Hit me up.
show more