forum

Dynamic backgrounds for the osu! main menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3,395
show more
ScottishScourge
Support given! :D
Aeonian Sonder
Support~
But what if you have a beatmap that doesn't have a BG?
MajusS

-APXH wrote:

Support~
But what if you have a beatmap that doesn't have a BG?
Deleting Backgrounds makes osu! ANGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY

Jokes aside. Use the default background, I'd guess.
OsmoGhost
TAKE ALL OF MY SUPPORT
[ Pustules ]
I WAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!
pixx_old_1
this needs to happen
Cosmic Energy
+1 pls
Freddeeeee
This could look really cool with the Cutting Edge feature :)
- Marco -

Freddeeeee wrote:

This could look really cool with the Cutting Edge feature :)
[ -Harasho- ]
this looks good but appearances are deceptive
some beatmaps have horrible images, and others simply will not look well in the osu main menu

to give you some examples

Mira-san

Afentus wrote:

this looks good but appearances are deceptive
some beatmaps have horrible images, and others simply will not look well in the osu main menu

to give you some examples

Still works out for plenty beatmaps though. The feature just acts like a design, not an image viewer lol.
TheLukay
Star'd x10 . totally want this
Gumpy
The quality would be very inconsistent so idk.
Mibic

Gumpyyy wrote:

The quality would be very inconsistent so idk.
How? If the new feature will allow us to set the background image of the song playing or a fixed background image you could still change one image if you disliked it...

Mira-san wrote:

Still works out for plenty beatmaps though. The feature just acts like a design, not an image viewer lol.
So, yeah. Still giving it all my support :)
MajusS
I still want this :x
Cyuubi

lyscy wrote:

this needs to happen
It will never happen!
abraker
Why stop here? Why not have video playback of backgrounds similar to dreamscenes?
-Maus-

abraker wrote:

Why stop here? Why not have video playback of backgrounds similar to dreamscenes?
Made me salivate although it isn't very likely to be done :F
Batujitsu
1 prob :
What if you're not a supporter :cry: :|
drum drum

Batujitsu wrote:

1 prob :
What if you're not a supporter :cry: :|
get supporter :?:
Airee
-Support because of all the complications.
RocKz
bump :3
PieInOblivion
I don't see this as a feature I need. I think it would be neat, but not needed. (In my opinion) Mainly because I don't really use Osu! as a music player and therefore don't spend any time at all staring at my background on the main menu. But of course, thats just me.
MajusS
Did it happen yet?
Pawsu
Nope, lol.
[ R i v e n ]
bump
I think this is really cool Id enjoy it. **
Debaniya-n
If this really happens, i'd wish it'll be for all users (not just supporters) :)
Fork
Bump
Axon

PieInOblivion wrote:

I don't see this as a feature I need. I think it would be neat, but not needed. (In my opinion) Mainly because I don't really use Osu! as a music player and therefore don't spend any time at all staring at my background on the main menu. But of course, thats just me.

This^^. osu! is not a music player. I still think the idea is neat tho, it could be used for eye candy.

just my 2c.
abraker
Would be cool it can just load up a glsl script like this
Luqanted
i want to be in this thread hoping it'll get added

support
SSH Thunderclap
I don't care, I'll bump this. If it gets added as a supporter feature, I'll totally buy it.
YukiPlays
Im gonna support this :)
MetaPixel
I was going to create a new request but it would be a duplicate of this one, so I'll post here anyway...

Today I got a bug where the beatmap backgrounds show on the main menu, guess this wouldn't be hard to implement then.
I took some screenshots, but when I started recording it the "bug" fixed itself ;-;

I have no other clue of how this happened beside the fact osu was open while my pc were asleep for more than 10 hours. Maybe it has to do with the latest update that fixed the black screen after a long time afk?
abraker

MetaPixel wrote:

I was going to create a new request but it would be a duplicate of this one, so I'll post here anyway...

Today I got a bug where the beatmap backgrounds show on the main menu, guess this wouldn't be hard to implement then.
I took some screenshots, but when I started recording it the "bug" fixed itself ;-;

I have no other clue of how this happened beside the fact osu was open while my pc were asleep for more than 10 hours. Maybe it has to do with the latest update that fixed the black screen after a long time afk?
This is not a request, this is a bug report. This should go to the help subforum