forum

Allow individual mod use in Multiplayer [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +910
show more
Aquamarine

Iku Acme wrote:

Would love to see this implemented in the near future.
+1
she_old
I'm so shameless (bump)
Vmx
This is the only thing that I really really really really want in osu!
Macacito
waat
Starz0r
I need this so I can beat all my friends in osu!standard :D

+ Support
Nostalgia
Genius and sounds like a good idea. But gives a higher advantage on only a specified person. Just seems too OP in my perspective.

If it's too easy, just play a harder diff or make your own server to make things fair. /:
she_old

Nostalgia wrote:

Genius and sounds like a good idea. But gives a higher advantage on only a specified person. Just seems too OP in my perspective.

If it's too easy, just play a harder diff or make your own server to make things fair. /:
If it gave them an advantage they'd already be at a high enough skill level to win.
And what if you wanna play with less good friends and keep them company, it's not to beat up every single person you see, and even if they aim for that they would win anyway regardless of the mods chosen if they're really already better.
And what if there's nobody that wants to play with you and nobody joins your room?

You sound as if you didn't even read the thread.
Nostalgia

loseri wrote:

Nostalgia wrote:

If it gave them an advantage they'd already be at a high enough skill level to win.
And what if you wanna play with less good friends and keep them company, it's not to beat up every single person you see, and even if they aim for that they would win anyway regardless of the mods chosen if they're really already better.
And what if there's nobody that wants to play with you and nobody joins your room?

You sound as if you didn't even read the thread.
Apologies, my internet is too slow and cuts off from loading everything. But yes that makes a lot of sense.
Drafura
Can I add another point in favor of "This feature could balance more the multiplayer rooms" ?

I heard in standard mode some people read better AR9 or 10 with HD and others not.

In CtB this case is actually ruining A LOT of multiplayer room :
Host goes for HR or DT and half room wants HD half doesn't want it (well actually more people wants HD at a point I can ask : "why DT/HR HD actually gives more points than HR/DT ?" but this isn't the topic). The point is that some players would be better with HD and others not and this actually change the winner when playing the same map with HR or DT (and even on some none AR9/8 maps). If each player could adapt the mod they use to play with, it would be REALLY MORE balanced cause each players are going to play the map with the mod they're used to (I mean can you say you beat a player if he isn't playing at his maximum ?).
she_old

Drafura wrote:

Can I add another point in favor of "This feature could balance more the multiplayer rooms" ?

I heard in standard mode some people read better AR9 or 10 with HD and others not.

In CtB this case is actually ruining A LOT of multiplayer room :
Host goes for HR or DT and half room wants HD half doesn't want it (well actually more people wants HD at a point I can ask : "why DT/HR HD actually gives more points than HR/DT ?" but this isn't the topic). The point is that some players would be better with HD and others not and this actually change the winner when playing the same map with HR or DT (and even on some none AR9/8 maps). If each player could adapt the mod they use to play with, it would be REALLY MORE balanced cause each players are going to play the map with the mod they're used to (I mean can you say you beat a player if he isn't playing at his maximum ?).
I tried reading your post several times and I still don't understand what you're trying to say, maybe I'm just tired.

So the host goes for DT or HR as Global Mod.
Half the room wants HD.
Other half doesn't.
Both sides choose or don't choose HD in their Player Individual Mods panel.
???
Profit.

Isn't that the point of this request, or is this what you meant by adding an extra point? (derp then)
And if you meant the opposite, the host could just disallow HD from the Allowed Mods.
The host basically sets all the rules, and the players should just go with it.
Drafura
Lemme tldr by quoting your words.

loseri wrote:

So the host goes for DT or HR as Global Mod.
Half the room wants HD.
Other half doesn't.
This is the actual problem wich ruins a lot of good rooms.

loseri wrote:

Both sides choose or don't choose HD in their Player Individual Mods panel.
This is the way to solve the problem.

loseri wrote:

Isn't that the point of this request, or is this what you meant by adding an extra point? (derp then)
And if you meant the opposite, the host could just disallow HD from the Allowed Mods.
The host basically sets all the rules, and the players should just go with it.
What I said just show how this feature can make the room more balanced. Some people posting here seems to say that this feature could unbalance multiplayer rooms, I think it's wrong because of that example. This is just an argument in favor of "why this feature is required", i'm not trying to modify the request. I hope it's more comprehensive.
Makyu
What happen if there is TAG coop and someone select HR mod?
she_old

Makyu wrote:

What happen if there is TAG coop and someone select HR mod?
I highly doubt this would apply to TAG mode, unless a team selects HR and the other team doesn't, it sounds reasonable then.
TheVileOne
As long as they don't get a higher multiplier, then they can use all the mods (except the easier ones) they want.
nutnnut
Support, sometimes playing with lower level friends can be boring
Topic Starter
haha5957
You need extra skills to get multiplier so I don't think there's need to remove multiplier.

Imagine a #1500 vs #5000, their skill might have difference but maybe not much. adding Hidden to #1500 will make the game much fair because there's higher probability of missing(and increased difficulty)in that case. if #1500 sill manages to FC hidden then he deserves his victory.
she_old

haha5957 wrote:

You need extra skills to get multiplier so I don't think there's need to remove multiplier.
I agree!
Lunaties
support la ..!!
Dustice
makes sense to me :3
S o r c e r y
support!!!! really fun
H_Hitachiin
So many stars, yet still in Feature XD
Natsu
Support! :D
deadbeat
is there even a need to support this anymore. i think its well clear that people want this request. throwing s.p at this i feel is just a waste of stars now. i think its best to just wait to see what peppy will do with this.
Mythras
would make mp more fun in general
Kousaka Honoka
Support, DT&HT can only be global mods, and a switch to enable individual mod use may be needed
Vmx
700 stars not enough go for 1000
she_old
go for max stars!
Drafura

Dev blog wrote:

I did also start work on a “Free Mod” mode for multiplayer, allowing each player to choose their own mods. There’s still quite a bit of implementation and testing to get this working perfectly, but expect it to hit the test build in the next couple of days!
\o/
JFRN
suport!
Arnold0

Drafura wrote:

Dev blog wrote:

I did also start work on a “Free Mod” mode for multiplayer, allowing each player to choose their own mods. There’s still quite a bit of implementation and testing to get this working perfectly, but expect it to hit the test build in the next couple of days!
\o/
Ho yeah :) Thats good because when I play with some french players I sometimes get messages like "Put harder/faster maps" :-)
With that they'll be able to change mod so no more problems when playing with better players than you :3
she_old
omg assigned ;~;
I wuv u T~T wuv u SOOOO MUCH
UnderminE
oh wow ;_;
peppy
Please do not assign feature requests.
she_old
</3
UnderminE
I cri
MillhioreF