forum

Allow individual mod use in Multiplayer [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +910
show more
Shadow
I play a lot of multi, and this is a feature that would make it a lot more enjoyable ;)
UnderminE
I can even start playing in multi again if this happens

star'd
G0r
I just felt like once again showing my support for this; and yeah, I'd start playing multi again, if this were added.
Myko
let anyone chose the mods he wants? what an interesting idea! when playing with bad players, gatting the song harder <3

Suport of course
theowest
lol didn't know this was a duplicate
t/17587/

don't worry. this request is more popular. so I'm going to mark that one as a duplicate
Hanyuu
Support nice idea ;)
Rianne_old
support.
clmnt
i support this
TheVileOne
Will the max score attained be the same? I'm not sure this could work without breaking the balance of the scoring system.
Pegram

TheVileOne wrote:

Will the max score attained be the same? I'm not sure this could work without breaking the balance of the scoring system.
Someone takes a higher risk of breaking the combo by using more mods, so I don't really see a problem there. But it would be nice if everyone saw what mods people have selected before the song starts, so that people can decide what's allowed and what's not and check that no one cheats.
Distant years
nouk supports the idea
TheVileOne

ReZero wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

Someone takes a higher risk of breaking the combo by using more mods, so I don't really see a problem there. But it would be nice if everyone saw what mods people have selected before the song starts, so that people can decide what's allowed and what's not and check that no one cheats.
So if a more skilled person enters a newbie room, the newbs have 0% chance of winning because the better player plays with mods. This just seems to serve only to the pros in the game and noone else really. Any of the pro rooms, there would be no chance of winning, because even if you can play the map, they will have hidden on and instantly win no matter what.
Guujin

TheVileOne wrote:

if a more skilled person enters a newbie room, the newbs have 0% chance of winning because the better player plays with mods. This just seems to serve only to the pros in the game and noone else really. Any of the pro rooms, there would be no chance of winning, because even if you can play the map, they will have hidden on and instantly win no matter what.
Isn't the better player supposed to win? Also you can restrict which mods are allowed to use as mentioned in the OP, so if newbies are sore losers they could just choose to restrict all mods.
Yarissa
This is an incredibly awesome idea. I like to be able to play with some of my noobier friends by handicapping myself. I'm usually skyping with them and messing around with tablet tap only or mouse only while drunk or something. But if I'm sober I'd like to challenge myself the same way they challenge themselves. It would be level playing grounds for us. Another option for this would be to make it so that the scores were not modified by the mods. It would feel unfair to me if I added a mod to make it more fair to my friends and ended up full comboing something when they full comboed something as well.

If I didn't just dump all my votes on my own request I would have given you a ton of my stars.
benguin
My suggestion for implementing this:

Instead of just one mod selection button, there'll be two, one titled "your mods" and another labeled "room mods" but the "room mods" selection button will only be viewable by the host. Likewise, it'll group the two sets of chosen mods into two groups as seen in the room lobby. If people are worried bout mod score multipliers, add a checkbox to toggle individual-use mod multipliers which is togglble only by the host.
Guujin

benguin wrote:

Instead of just one mod selection button, there'll be two, one titled "your mods" and another labeled "room mods" but the "room mods" selection button will only be viewable by the host. Likewise, it'll group the two sets of chosen mods into two groups as seen in the room lobby. If people are worried bout mod score multipliers, add a checkbox to toggle individual-use mod multipliers which is togglble only by the host.
was also mentioned in the op
benguin

Guujin wrote:

benguin wrote:

was also mentioned in the op
Woops, my bad, I just read the last two pages before posting>.< Anyways, I think the idea of a toggleable checkbox for mod multipliers is still a good idea that I didn't see in the op
Guujin
You mean checkbox that makes sure that no bonus comes from mod usage?
Would that be unrankable?
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Beronika
suppårt ~
G0r
With 332 stars I'd think this would be a priority. I wonder if it is being worked on.
Drafura

G0r wrote:

With 332 stars I'd think this would be a priority. I wonder if it is being worked on.
^ This.
Vmx
gave 12 stars
Kuro
This sounds like a great idea!
If I had any stars left I would use them for this :)

The concern with noobs not having a chance when playing with pros, don't worry! They wouldn't have a chance either way. Most likely the pros would just FC it without mods anyway and plus the pros are taking more risks by making it harder to FC anyway. :P
raririn
i strongly agree with this
i would shoot a star if i have x.x
Uncle Buly
i cri cuz no dt allowed but still awesome suggestion, support
-libili
SUPPORT ~!!!!!!!!!!!! definitely a great idea

!!!btw the scores multiplication should stay!!!
Kuro

Uncle Buly wrote:

If DT was allowed then players would finish before others and would have to wait.. But they wouldn't wait too long because DT on this game isn't true DT. It's only 1.5x so they would only wait 1/4th of the entire song when they finish, correct me if i'm wrong. ^_^
Uncle Buly

Kuro wrote:

Uncle Buly wrote:

If DT was allowed then players would finish before others and would have to wait.. But they wouldn't wait too long because DT on this game isn't true DT. It's only 1.5x so they would only wait 1/4th of the entire song when they finish, correct me if i'm wrong. ^_^
It'd be the choice of the DT user to wait though, and it'd give them time to browse forums or something :p but I doubt this will happen and HR is also nice

peppy wrote:

If I was to implement this, it would exclude DT and HT completely from the per-user selection, because I believe multiplayer should always be played in realtime. The host would still have control over the game speed.
Italo
Wow, this can be soo funny, looks amazing!
ieb
Support. One of my friend is very strong among us so others always end up with a "Failed"... That would be helpful ^_^
H_Hitachiin
Then everybody would be playing with different mods.
Different Mods = Totally Different Scores.
Kuro

H_Hitachiin wrote:

Then everybody would be playing with different mods.
Different Mods = Totally Different Scores.
Would that even make a difference? I mean, if you play with mods and someone really wants to beat you, they'll use the same mods.
Or if they just don't want to fail, they'll use easy/No Fail/Half Time and take a lower score because if you fail you won't even have a score.

"Low score" beats "No score" :P
Irisu_old
You have my full support on this. The idea seems like it could work out ^^
she_old
I'm pretty happy to see that this has received so many stars! I really hope this will be implemented!
Iku Acme
Would love to see this implemented in the near future.
Olivares
Nice!, support .
KaosFR
That would be great
she_old
Was wondering: this would also apply to osu!mania right?
for like the 4k mod
theowest
all game modes, obviously
show more