forum

Figuring out your sens after changing resolution (mouse)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
haxeu
Ok so to keep it short I messed around with my resolution settings and found out that at a lower custom resolution I could overclock my monitor at 75hz instead of the usual 60, so I made a custom res with CRU of 960:540 (basically half 1920:1080, my previous res). The game feels suprisingly better at 75hz, except I can't seem to find what my old sens was, I thought reducing it by half would be the solution (since 960:540 = 1920:1080/2) but it's still very obviously faster...

My old sens was 800dpi, 1 ingame, 1920:1080, raw input on, and I want to convert it to 960:540 and have to move the mouse the exact same distance. I've searched and found some old sens calculators but they didn't work and basically still said that I had to reduce it by half, but it's not working...

Anyway, I'd apreciate some help, thanks :)

EDIT: I solved my problem, as Lights pointed out, my thinking was wrong, it's actually 1/4th the area, so you need to quarter it not reduce by half.

My new sens in game is now 0.25, and for anyone wondering you actually need to edit your cfg file and search for "mouse speed" to be able to lower it under 0.4.
Lights
its half the size, but its only 1/4th the area. maybe try quartering it?
Topic Starter
haxeu

Lights wrote:

its half the size, but its only 1/4th the area. maybe try quartering it?

Thanks for the help, that's the solution and it fixed my problem, I just suck at basic math, nothing new aha
dung eater
It is half. Sens1/vertres1=sens2/vertres2 sens2=sens1/vertres1*vertres2 = 1/1080*540 =0.5

You can use (game sens)(windows sens)(dpi)/(vertical resolution) if you change other things that affect sens.