forum

Lazy eye

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
domiyyyy
What is lazy eye you might ask?
It's an eye development disorder which causes the eye to work normally which in my case, my left eye only works at 20% of its power from what my doctor said to me.

It's been a while since I have been diagnosed with lazy eye and I didn't know if I should continue playing osu as I scared that it would worsen the condition of it. At first I didn't even know I was diagnosed with one until I found that my eye condition keeps worsening. At that time it was my 2nd year playing osu and at that time when I knew I was diagnosed with one after going to a check up. Now that I have tell my story, what would you guys do if you were in my place? Should I stop or not? And yes im addicted to clicking circle. Pls give me any suggestion if you had any and thq for hearing my shit long paragraph. (sorry for my bad english too)
Flanster
Obligatory go consult an actual doctor and not a random forum on the internet.
Topic Starter
domiyyyy

Flanster wrote:

Obligatory go consult an actual doctor and not a random forum on the internet.

Well yeah I already seek professional help, I just wanna see other ppl approach on this stuff
abraker
My degree in Computer Engineering says you might want to automate eye movement via some gadget.

Tad Fibonacci
Having cyborg eyes is kinda cool ngl.
Pachiru
I think your alien transformation just started, nothing much to worry about
lordq
shouldn't osu! be a way of exercising your eye or some kind of physiotherapy? lol
Topic Starter
domiyyyy

lordq wrote:

shouldn't osu! be a way of exercising your eye or some kind of physiotherapy? lol

tbh u kinda right and I try it once but my left eye are soo bad that the circle is not even circle anymmore lol
shmowzoww
Eye surgery... fixed
rafaelrestolho
Yeah
Areckat
Hi, i felt like dropping a comment here, since lazy eye osu players are a rare thing so for future ppl worrying if its bad, no it is not ive been playing this game for almost 10 years and its all good, we cannot do an eye surgery on this disorder, it develops from since ure born with one healthy eye and second having issues, coz of that brain is trained from very beggining to only use healthy eye and so the image from worse eye gets ignored and you forget? Or never develop a proper usage for weaker eye, i dont like the "power measuremet" term since its misunderstanding in my opinion, despite the fact there are two "eyes" from what ive heard(i cant say im lazy eyed) its not like u use them seperatly to see a 1-2 jump, they act as a single organ. So going deeper in my research there are 2 parts of brain and both eyes are connected so left eye can communicate with both right and left part of the brain and vice versa for right eye, so we have like a see-do motor function disorder aswell in some sort since we are unable to use binocular view(using both at the same time), i remember as a kid my motor functions in terms of a see-do were also disordered like catching an object i couldnt measure where exactly or time to catch it. Best case scenario would just to simply start curing the issue by covering healthy eye and forcing lazy eye to work by playing osu!. Its not as annoying as having to function on a daily basis with this yet still might even have some fun out of it. There are cases of a 50 yo lazy eyed ppl who had lost healthy eye and learned back how to use lazy eye. I tracked on this topic since i might start curing lazy eye by osu! And wanted to do a research. I hate the fact that atleast in europe "modern knowledge" is telling you or your family that it is too late to start curing the disorder or its too hard past like 10 y/o. Had more cases of lazy eye im my family but they were simply cured in their young ages and they have both healthy eyes not even having to wear glasses.

I see ure very active in osu! Hows your lazy eye?

Greetings
WitherMite
hmm, I have a lazy right eye, though its not a terrible one. Would have to really pay attention to notice it aesthetically, main thing is that I am stereo blind, my brain ignores the overlapping field of view from my lazy eye. Bad enough that even with my good eye closed it still is a huge (mostly) blind spot there.

a side effect of this is my prescription being -2.75 in my good eye and +1.25 in my lazy one from the increased strain on my good eye. good eye gets to 20/20 with glasses, but the blind spot means best I can get in right is 20/60

as for how it affects osu, not at all really, since I'm stereo blind as a way for my brain to filter most of the double images out.
main issues come from my impaired depth perception and field of view, which doesn't matter to see a computer screen.
Stomiks
I can freely move my eyes separately so I played osu for a bit with weird looking eyes but it didn't really affect my gameplay.
Puppet
Sad