forum

Paying a top 100 player to make a large beat map pack to get good, and it's for y'all!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nematode
Tl:dr: I'm paying a top 100 player to pick and choose his 1000 or so maps for new players to get gud. He's also going to put them in nice little topic folders! Y'all interested?

Would y'all be interested in this? I'm in talks with a map maker/top 100 player. So far it's going to have maps star level 4* to 6.9* w/ the sub genre folders.

Alternating map practice maps
Tech maps
Jump training maps
PP Farm Maps*
Stream Warmup by BPM
Warmup Maps
The Top 100 Player's Favorite Maps
Recommend anything else?

*The only folder that'd contain ONLY ranked maps would be the pp farm.

Basically I'm doing this because I want to support the player making this. And it'd be a good way to say something else instead of play more.
lolboatz
You might have a better chance of meeting a top 100 player on osu subreddit r/osugame
Topic Starter
nematode

lolboatz wrote:

You might have a better chance of meeting a top 100 player on osu subreddit r/osugame

I've already met and talked about a deal with one. He'll be working on it shortly. Moreso interested in community thoughts? And if any other top players would want to join in.
Almost
You ought to think a bit more about whom you are targeting with this beatmap list. 4*-6.9* is a huge difficulty range you're covering here. People who are practicing 4* maps shouldn't even be thinking about playing something 6*. Period.

Honestly, I don't know how useful such a list would be other than as an idea about what to practice. Everyone should have their own list of practice maps that they categorized themselves as only you know what maps you should/need to be playing are to satisfy you're own goals. Plus the fact that there are plenty of google docs others have collated to serve such a need already, I don't think a top 100 player is going to add much value to what's already around. No offence.
Lights
seems like the player you're talking to is making some ezpz money at your expense.
abraker

Lights wrote:

seems like the player you're talking to is making some ezpz money at your expense.

^ just slap together some maps and ez moneh

You are in top 80k, so you can't really judge how good the picks are beyond 300pp maps, so you won't know if the picks are bs
im flat
who are you paying
op isn't wasting money if he wants to support the player at the same time so
Lights

im flat wrote:

who are you paying

then feel free to support me, too!
im flat

Lights wrote:

im flat wrote:

who are you paying

then feel free to support me, too!

im good
ProgrammerSocks
If you wanna share the map pack, that's cool, it might be helpful. But if you've already asked a top player for help picking out maps for training, IDK why you'd ask G&R randoms for help with the much harder task of developing a categorical system for improvement at the game.

Anyway, try asking for aim maps, I hear that's important. Also, swamp man good.
Draos
Can you send this to me when its ready?
shoukry
Yeah good idea tbh. Pls share when it’s done
Endaris
Make sure you check later how much it overlaps with the multitude of practice lists that already exist.
DR3AMLiKE
idk what to think about this

well I guess I will need to wait for it
Dumbledoor
There is no x amount of maps that will make you good. The key to improvement in osu is to play as many maps as possible. You don't need a top 100 player to simply download a ton of maps. There are literally packs with 80k+ maps on reddit. Just get those and download maps on osu!direct daily. And then play, play, play...
But sure, if you want to donate some money to a top100 for doing literally nothing, go for it. Your choice.
Lights

i fk suck wrote:

There is no x amount of maps that will make you good. The key to improvement in osu is to play as many maps as possible. You don't need a top 100 player to simply download a ton of maps. There are literally packs with 80k+ maps on reddit. Just get those and download maps on osu!direct daily. And then play, play, play...
But sure, if you want to donate some money to a top100 for doing literally nothing, go for it. Your choice.

shhh, let him waste his money
N0thingSpecial
But play more is only correct answer.