forum

[resolved] Osu!mania lag.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0bdex code
Problem details:

I am having trouble playing osu!mania.
Whenever I was playing a song, it would somewhere in the middle of the song lag and make me miss a lot of notes which makes me super annoyed.
Please help me. I've been trying to solve this for a week.

Other info.
Using windows 10
using intel CORE i7 8th gen
I have Nvidia GEFORCE

osu! version: Stable 20191107.2 (latest)
Death
You most likely have something on your computer that is temporarily eating up a bunch of resources in the background while you happen to be playing a map. Try closing anything you don't need to have open, make sure Windows isn't checking for update (or whatever it likes to do that seems to lag people consistently), and other things of similar nature.
Topic Starter
0bdex code

Death wrote:

You most likely have something on your computer that is temporarily eating up a bunch of resources in the background while you happen to be playing a map. Try closing anything you don't need to have open, make sure Windows isn't checking for update (or whatever it likes to do that seems to lag people consistently), and other things of similar nature.

It's no use. I've done that during the past few days and there was still a lag. Windows isn't checking an update or anything like that.
Death
Please click Ctrl+F11 to reveal a frame time graph and then get a picture of it right after you lag. You can use Ctrl+F12 to take and automatically upload a screenshot. The lines on the graph should hopefully indicate what is spiking.
Topic Starter
0bdex code
Oh yeah. Here's more info

Here's what I tried.
I've tried updating osu.
I've tried to restart.
I've unplugged the usb hub that connects lots of usb devices.
I've turned off all the background apps and I've closed programs that I don't need for osu
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18n6eOGsY8cLzk_9ewo0xbkMD-q8kvr05/view?usp=sharing

Some info that might be useful.
I'm using an intel core i7 8th gen
I have NVIDIA GEFORCE
I have Windows 10
I have for skin yugen final
I have turned for options unlimited gameplay
I have turned for options fullscreen mode
osu! version: Beta 20191107.1
Topic Starter
0bdex code

Death wrote:

Please click Ctrl+F11 to reveal a frame time graph and then get a picture of it right after you lag. You can use Ctrl+F12 to take and automatically upload a screenshot. The lines on the graph should hopefully indicate what is spiking.

Edit, it won't let me. It changes the brightness
Dntm8kmeeatu

0bdex code wrote:

Death wrote:

You must have function keys then, so you will need to add fn to the key combo
Topic Starter
0bdex code

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

0bdex code wrote:

Death wrote:

You must have function keys then, so you will need to add fn to the key combo

Thank you so much! I was able to get the image.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15UROHjow08mS9HX09Wj92UV_-TMrG25m/view?usp=sharing

Edit: I noticed whenever I hit the keys a lot, it lags. Is there anything to prevent this?
Death
What keyboard do you have? If this is only happening when you press keys, try reinstalling its drivers. If you have a keyboard with some extra software that allows you to change key bindings and what not, try closing/disabling it.
Topic Starter
0bdex code

Death wrote:

What keyboard do you have? If this is only happening when you press keys, try reinstalling its drivers. If you have a keyboard with some extra software that allows you to change key bindings and what not, try closing/disabling it.

My keyboard is a Lenovo keyboard. I'll try reinstalling the drivers.
Edit, when trying to reinstalling the drivers, it said the best drivers for your device are already installed.
Death
Reinstalling sometimes requires uninstalling what you currently have first.
Topic Starter
0bdex code

Death wrote:

Reinstalling sometimes requires uninstalling what you currently have first.

So I've tried that. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem persists.
Death
It's possible you still have something else in your computer that is lagging the game when you type that you happened to miss before. Not really sure what else to tell you as it seems like you've figured out the cause of the issue is something related to your keyboard.
Topic Starter
0bdex code

Death wrote:

It's possible you still have something else in your computer that is lagging the game when you type that you happened to miss before. Not really sure what else to tell you as it seems like you've figured out the cause of the issue is something related to your keyboard.

Death, whenever I'm playing osu!mania, it lags when I press keys. According to the image, it is the BetweenFrames thing. I don't know what to do because I've tried as much as I can.

Do you have any more stuff you can suggest?
Death

Death wrote:

Not really sure what else to tell you as it seems like you've figured out the cause of the issue is something related to your keyboard.
Topic Starter
0bdex code
Reseted my computer.
Everything is back to normal.
Thank you guys.