forum

do i need to worry about acc?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
popochang218
I try my hardest to have high acc on all my plays. if i have low acc and im about to fc i quit sometimes because that stuff bothers me. I consider really good acc 97% or higher. This would probably always be how I played the game if the ranking system didnt exist lol. I always see players ranked MUCH higher than me that have way lower acc and just farm everything they can. I sometimes find people like this in multi matches and when we play longer difficult maps I tend too whoop them. So what I'm asking ig is if I should farm like that, just take the bullet and let my acc drop so i can rank up. The reason im thinking like this is i've been hard stuck in 120k for awhile now, and when I make a play I'm proud of it gives me like 1pp. If someone could check my profile and lemme know if theres a reason I wouldn't be able too rank like this or anything like that, that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
illyTheKid

popochang218 wrote:

...The reason im thinking like this is i've been hard stuck in 120k for awhile now, and when I make a play I'm proud of it gives me like 1pp...

I don't understand. How will farming fix this? You're still going to get same amount of pp unless you play better.

Farm if you think it's fun. Don't stress it because farming is irrelevant at your rank. All the farming you do now will be in vain if you plan on playing osu for a long time. Just play the farm maps to get better at them.
I think a lot of "farming" maps are good at warming up my aim so I usually start with them. Weeks/months later I end up effortlessly FCing many of them without thinking about it too much.
Implojin
I saw someone on here say that you shouldn't handicap yourself by not FCing maps that you can FC, just because they're farm maps; I think this is good advice

If you can FC a map, do so

Literally nobody cares if you are playing farm maps, map PP balance is a dev issue for peppy's team, not a reason for you to avoid maps
Endaris
No, you don't need to care about acc at this point.
You reached a base level of accuracy that is good enough to take on the endless challenge that is aim.
Aim is the most impactful skill you can have and you should feel free to prioritise it now. Accuracy can always be perfected later if it is not terrible in the first place and yours is not terrible.
Lights

Endaris wrote:

No, you don't need to care about acc at this point.
You reached a base level of accuracy that is good enough to take on the endless challenge that is aim.
Aim is the most impactful skill you can have and you should feel free to prioritise it now. Accuracy can always be perfected later if it is not terrible in the first place and yours is not terrible.

Honestly, i'd call his acc pretty good for a 6digit standard player. normally i see 80s and low90s

popochang218 wrote:

I try my hardest to have high acc on all my plays. if i have low acc and im about to fc i quit sometimes because that stuff bothers me. I consider really good acc 97% or higher. This would probably always be how I played the game if the ranking system didnt exist lol. I always see players ranked MUCH higher than me that have way lower acc and just farm everything they can. I sometimes find people like this in multi matches and when we play longer difficult maps I tend too whoop them. So what I'm asking ig is if I should farm like that, just take the bullet and let my acc drop so i can rank up. The reason im thinking like this is i've been hard stuck in 120k for awhile now, and when I make a play I'm proud of it gives me like 1pp. If someone could check my profile and lemme know if theres a reason I wouldn't be able too rank like this or anything like that, that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Don't be afraid to upload scores with poor accuracy, but also don't be afraid to play maps below your (perceived) skill level to continue improving your accuracy as you go. Though due to the way the game works, you'll see much more return on your investment in terms of rank if you train your aim. Its about what you want to get out of the game. Nothing wrong with a 97% overall acc though.
Rikii
Look, its a rhythm game. The better your acc is means that you are following the rhythm of the map. If you really care about your status like acc then yeah, you should only 'farm' with only high acc.

popochang218 wrote:

I always see players ranked MUCH higher than me that have way lower acc and just farm everything they can.

You consider that 97% is "low" and that will make me a pretty bad player. My top 3 are averaging 96% and all of them are choke plays. BUT, not all of people farm everything they can. Some people get that kind of play because they play the game and not farm them.

And rank is not always equal skill, enjoy the game.
Ayayano
I think that if you push the difficulty of course you are gonna find acc harder to achieve but you will get into the swing of it and be able to turn your acc back around after you get comfortable with the difficulty. If you lose some acc and rank up thats ok, and it doesnt have to stay that way. Im sure your acc will see dips and rises throughout your career.
Almost
You're going to be severely limiting your progress if you're only playing maps you can get good accuracy on. You have to play a large variety, including maps you can only score around 90% on.
im flat
If you really care about acc then yes go for it