forum

Stream Speed and accuracy issues.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
prof_impressor

Hey epic circle clickers!

I am here wondering if any other osu friends have had issues regarding seemingly unnatural stream speed/accuracy issues when it comes to progression.
I have put roughly a 24 hours of my week, everyweek for the time I have been playing the game (i am please enjoy game, yes?) however I seem to be unable to accurately stream anything over 150 bpm for extended periods of time regardless of how many guides I read and "tips and tricks" I implement into my practise routine. Its frustrating being unable to play songs I like such as the infamous "cycle hit" due to my painfully slow finger movement when I have a friend who was able accurately play the map within 3 days worth of playtime in the game... To be clear, I am noticing slight imporvements in terms of stamina but not much for speed or accuracy.
What about you people? does anyone have any ideas as to what may be holding me back or do i suffer from a case of "unfortunately you will just have to play MORE than normal humans with better DNA than you"
any words of advice are appreciated!
Happy clicking!
Almost
Assess what you're spending your time on. It doesn't matter how many hours you spend if you're putting those hours doing the wrong things.
Endaris
I seem to be unable to accurately stream anything over 150 bpm for extended periods of time regardless of how many guides I read and "tips and tricks" I implement into my practise routine. Its frustrating being unable to play songs I like such as the infamous "cycle hit" due to my painfully slow finger movement when I have a friend who was able accurately play the map within 3 days worth of playtime in the game...

Just suck it.
I'm the same. I likely invested more time than you.
Accuracy can be learned but naturally accuracy can only be achieved if you have the speed.
That being said, I'm pretty sure you can learn to stream 140bpm accurately with what you're saying. Why not start with that?
Ayayano
Cycle hit is also hard because it is very taxing on reading even if it doesnt feel like it at times, actually im sure u can do most of the bursts in it based on their speed alone. There are some longer streams iirc which I guess can be a problem.

Basically cycle hit requires aim and reading just as much as being able to accurately click fast so dont use that to benchmark
lolboatz
I feel like when people say they can't stream, they base their streaming skills off the 'Long stream practice map' which is extremely impractical because maps with streams that long are very rare.

Try something like this map https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/859515#osu/2082013 instead. It's a lot more practical with all the triples, bursts, streams (adjust speed to your level using HT) and you could supposedly find yourself streaming a bit more.

Also, from my experience, I feel like streaming skill just comes naturally as your rank gradually increases. Maybe it's a placebo thing, seeing your rank rise up feels like your actual skill is rising too. So just play more. Though not the ones that are just Ringtone/TV size jump spam. Play mid length maps (2-4 minutes) with lots of triples and bursts and enjoy game.
Saen
dont rush to Cycle hit.
just go slowly. If u can play 120bpm stick with it, when u feel comfortable, raise it by 5-10 bpm. and just do the repeated things again, and dont stream too much, u will suck at jumps later on, so just balance your style of play, and if can, play it both equally, if u cant get an a on 5*, just play it in some cases, dont always play 5*, stick mainly in 4*. dont think your good if u can pass a 7 star map, or even 6. Passing doesnt mean increasing of skill. And dont compare yourself to other people, everyone's talented subject is different, he can accurately play in 3 days, but it doesnt mean you can do it, maybe you are good at jumps, who knows.