forum

Just got a tablet and need some advice.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pilvion
So yesterday I got a tablet for osu. I've been playing with mouse for about a year and need some tips about getting started with using the tablet.

At the moment I have been using a mix of a small area and the entire tablet. When I use the entire tablet, the pen loses connection with the tablet so it doesn't move on the screen. I've been having some more success with a small surface area at the moment. But would it be better to use the entire tablet or just a small space of it.

If you have anymore wisdom about using tablets it would be appreciated.

(If you need it, the tablet I am using is the XP-Pen Star G640)

Thanks.
AquaTail
play around with the area and the in-game sensitivity, and find what's comfortable for you.
there is no really good or bad tablet areas, every player got his own preferences.
Ayayano
Most players do not use the full surface, you can but dont have to. Also I would recommend leaving ingame sens at the default and just change tablet area. Also try downloading hawku drivers: https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver
Equbuxu
Do not change in-game sensitivity as AquaTail suggested, keep it at 1 and change your area instead.

The general advice for choosing an area is choosing the biggest area you can comfortably reach. You definitely shouldn't use the full area on G640 unless you have your whole wrist above the tablet and lean only on the elbow when playing, which is not a conventional playstyle. I use 90x50.63 mm area which is considered large